"MEAT JEKYLL" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, May 15, 2010.

1. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

I haven't been following the season so I was lost on the whole Jekyll and Hyde storyline (sad, I know) but I thought it was a good finale. I do like Langston though...and I hate cliff hangers.

urgghh

2. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Sorry - posted in the wrong thread.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  3. Vikki Roxx

Vikki Roxx Dead on Arrival

Am I the only one disappointed with the finale? Come on - some random cook being an artistically talented surgeon-to-be carrying out his life mission by killing his father and his friends?! What about this CSI in a body bag? If we know that LF signed for the next season, the writers lied to us.

4. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Summary:
    - EXCELLENT teamwork – for both parts of this story, last week & this week. Love it. It felt like the CSI of old.

- Does anyone care about Ray’s fate – since we all know that Laurence Fishburne has already signed on for next season? So, that’s two seasons in a row where Ray gets the ending. How underwhelming, but hey, at least it wasn’t Cath, Greg, Sara, Brass or Vartann ending the season in peril. So, things are good.

- Loved the Cath/Vartann flirting – and Nick being “always the last to know” LOL

- loved the references to Sam Braun, and to Cath’s previous occupation (lap dances!)

- The Haskell taunting was fun at first, then became EXTREMELY annoying – to the point of having my finger on the ‘fast forward’ button.

- One of these years, I’d really love for a sweet ending – like season 1 in the diner. Why couldn’t they have ended on the hospital scene, when they all left? Or a scene like the end of the last episode, where they were all out for drinks – before Ray got the call from Haskell. Does anyone really care to have ANOTHER CSI-in-peril semi-cliffhanger AGAIN?!

- The Cath/Brass angst was kind of fun to watch at the beginning. Brass being hurt that he was left out of the loop and emoting that HE was in charge of things. So, we saw Brass & Ray ‘make up’ at the end, why couldn’t we see a Cath/Brass makeup scene too?!

So, what have I learned in season 10 of CSI?
    1. I never want to hear the words "serial killer" ever again on this show.
    2. The phrases "Jekyll & Hyde" and "Dick & Jane" will be removed from my vocabulary.
    3. Cath has finally found someone who isn't a jerk.
    4. Nicky's STILL the last to know
    5. Jim Brass can get mighty territorial when it comes to HIS department.
    6. The Grave Shift still knows how to work as a team
    7. The Grave Shift Supervisor has really grown into her role
    8. The Grave Shift is still one big happy family
    9. Dr Ray isn't infallible. He still makes some mistakes that can turn deadly
    10. Nick should 'be an actor'
    11. Sara still is a terrible driver
    12. Sam Braun can still wield power from the grave - according to Brass
    13. Brass has a good "bad cop" routine, even when he's not trying!
    14. I still can't give up on this show...not quite yet.

My full review can be found here

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Wow, awesome finale! I thought it was a very huge improvement from last season's finale.

Nate Haskell was so creepy! I don't know if I will smile back when someone like him smiles at me. Creepiest villain ever in the CSI universe.

I'm so glad everyone worked in the episode. Great team effort. Despite the subject matter, the episode didn't fail to give us a hint of humor: Nick's line for Catherine on why he's always the last one to know; and Officer Mitchell with the stripper walking on the lab plus Brass and Vartann's reaction. :lol:

However, did TPTB just spoiled the cliffhanger? They said LF just signed for season 11. Or maybe I read it wrong...

Overall I enjoyed it a lot.

Well, season 10 was great. I really enjoyed a lot of episodes except maybe for a couple. Season 10 is definitely one of my favorite seasons.

I'm feeling that something great will happen on CSI next season! Not only because I always look forward for every new season, but also the show will remain on the important Thursday 9/8c slot! See you on fall!

6. KFK

KFK Witness

IMO...regardless of common viewpoints, I thought the finale was one of the best, and the whole season was fantastic. I know few like the Langston character, but LF is outstanding and on par with WP (Grissom) hands down. I loved the conflict between Brass and Catherine, she stood strong, though I think she'll regret it next season.

I know everyone wants Grissom back, along with Warrick, but the fact is every workplace changes, even in tv land. I love the new venue, the characters, the storyline. This past season was funny, sad, angst-ridden, and just as good, if not better, than previous seasons.

You all can love the saga that was season 6-8, and the Grissom/Sara tale. Lord knows every episode was all about them, or some reference to them. I enjoy the change, I enjoyed season 10. Some of the best tv I've watched this year.

Go ahead...slam me for my opinion...or do like always and ignore my post.

Whatever!

7. OnlyTruth

OnlyTruth Pathologist

OH, I'm sorry, but I just hated it. I am not a "I want Grissom" back person. I actually do like Langston. But there was so much about the finale I didn't like. It was like my kid brother wrote the episode.
    * the whole "Silence of the Lambs" thing going on with Haskell - hated it
    * seriously, one of the victims happened to be wearing a t-shirt from the restaurant. Seriously?
    * how the hell did he get his father's appendix? They don't give them to you as a souvenir after surgery....
    * no one was guarding Haskell at the end? After the incident in which he was "restrained", they thought it was okay to leave him alone. Really?
    * are the writers so lazy that they can't think of any other way to carry a story through the season that we have to keep having serial killers. How many serial killers can their possibly be in Vegas.

but, hey, at the least the trigger wasn't "bleach"

Sorry to be so negative. Just really disappointed. Glad that Nick isn't dead. But disappointed nonetheless.

8. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Did anybody else think Henry was acting strange??? He took the package and placed it in the refrigerator, the dead body in the morgue just happened to have the number found in the box and then his strange reaction of not wanting to go see Nick in the hospital? What was with Henry? Surely I am not the only one who thought something was strange.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I haven't watched the ep yet... but maybe Henry just doesn't like hospitals. I can't explain the other part though. :lol:

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I noticed it too.

I loved the episode. I thought it was fabulous!!!

Of course, being a Nick-angst fan. I just loved watching him reach for his gun while laying there in complete agony after being being shot. It was well done by George.

Loved the Catherine/Vartann scene, it was very, very sexy. I'm so glad they chose to pursue this relationship. It's very hot.

And although I'm not a huge Langston fan, I liked him in this episode.

Awesome episode.

11. Nicksfriend

He was lying there on that cold floor bleeding profusely, suffering and all I could think about is ..How great he looked and Why was I enjoying it so much!:) I think I am sick!!:lol:

Poor officer ...He got the Warrick death shot....that was a lot of blood from hte neck wound.

12. Vikki Roxx

Vikki Roxx Dead on Arrival

Henry is antisocial and has all serial killer characteristics plus this number of John Doe. If S11E01 is the third part of Jekyll's story, Henry is IMHO probably Dr. J's accomplice.

13. Nicksfriend

I totally agree with this thought. He does have all the makings of a serial Killer. And I would think Nick might be his target for killing his accomplice. Things could get very interesting next season! Henry just acted too strange in this episode....way too strange!

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

But then again Henry is strange. :lol: Seriously though, if he was a killer, wouldn't Hodges be his first victim? Unless he's really methodical. :lol:

15. Nicksfriend

Nick would be the entree' and he would definitely keep Hodges for his dessert!:lol: