CSI: Miami is moving to Sunday at 10PM!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by srqmiamifan, May 19, 2010.

1. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Wow, Ninja, seven posts for this one thread already? 10 p.m. on Sundays is not the death slot. The quality of the shows make the time slot, and Cold Case was not liked by that many people or they would have watched. CSI:M will do just fine and think they will prosper there. It is to the show's credit that CBS feels they can bring in the audience in this important time slot. I admit that the football delays will be difficult because 10 p.m. is already late, but I will be there because I love this show!

2. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I have to agree. After some thought today, I think they will do just fine. WaT moved to Sundays, and (I think) had lower ratings than Miami, and still lasted a few seasons. Miami will pull more viewers, as TaR still does well, and Undercover boss does VERY well-- even with football! I hate the delays too, but I will be watching,no matter what. It could even BOOST ratings some, because those who left for Castle may return!!!

Still think it's a risk to put Five-o up against a stable show like Castle. Castle continues to grow weekly, but Miami was holding it's own. As was NY. And I don't see anyone giving up Castle to watch a brand new show, that with CBS' poor reputation of keeping them around- may or may not last longer than a few weeks. The Monday 10PM time slot really can't go farther, but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. :lol:

3. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

so this starts next season ok at least it will give them a chance to get there ratings back up hopefully

4. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I apologize... I got carried away. I guess I'm just still ticked that some of my shows got canned and they moved this one to here.

5. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

ummm. I don't like this at all . I am excited for Hawaii 5-0, considering that I live in Hawaii and something needs to replace canceling of LOST; however, I don't understand why they choose to move Miami and replace it w/ a new show.:scream::scream: Like hello why didn't move Hawaii 5-0 to sunday. I don't get it and I'm not happy about it.

6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I guess CBS wanted to place on Mondays a new drama that can maintain some good ratings,because this season CSI:Miami loses a lot out of it's lead in show.The bad thing for Hawaii 5-0 is that TBBT is going to Thursdays so I think that it will suffer on this timeslot.I'm also positive that CSI:Miami will dominate it's Sunday night timeslot.

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I am not sure how I feel about the move. I am used to Monday nights. I don't see why the show had to be moved, it was doing just fine on Monday nights.

8. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Have to say I'm not happy about the move. Already have a full night on Sundays with DH and Brothers and Sisters. And I wasn't aware that Supernatural was moving to Mondays so that makes it even more difficult. I might have to invest in a DVR. :rolleyes:

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I don't see why CBS moved CSI Miami, from what I've read the show does really well on Monday nights. There've been a few times it has come second but for the most part, I've read that the show wins its time slot. I hope CBS reconsiders the idea.

10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Hopefully they will, they did briefly with Cold Case when the transplant show failed.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  11. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I just viewed the clips of the two new CBS crime dramas, Defenders and Blue Bloods. Wow, I am not sure why they are shaking up the schedule for these two! Didn't peak my interest in the least.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Supernatural is moving to Fridays following Smallville.

13. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Ah thanks! Must have misread that. :lol: Still messes up my tv viewing. :rolleyes:

14. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Eww I just realizes it messes up me too! I watch the Apprentice on Sundays!! Luckily that's only during March-May... :)

15. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I'm so OCD so I'll it'll take some time to convince my mind that CSI's gonna be on Sunday now. It'll take some getting used to... but it was perfect monday night right after bachelor/dancing with stars, but I guess God's saying 'Ashley u need to study' lol. It's kinda better, in the way that I'd have more time on the weekend than in the week and plus I can tell my friends about it on Monday instead of Tuesday when everyone's expected to be chatting all day about the weekend.