CSI: Miami is moving to Sunday at 10PM!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by srqmiamifan, May 19, 2010.

1. srqmiamifan

srqmiamifan Victim

As the thread title says, CSI: Miami is moving to Sunday evenings, at 10PM.

Chances are, this is due to Miami's dramatically lower ratings this season. CSI: NY (whose ratings have been even lower than Miami's) has been moved to Friday nights at 9, while CSI remains in the same Thursday 9PM slot.

Any thoughts on the change??!

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Since it will be competing with "Desperate Housewives", if I recall correctly their slot, I can only forsee a worse season than this one in terms of ratings :shifty:

3. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

That move will probably harm the show's ratings more,but the good thing is that CSI:Miami will have a strong lead in show(CBS's biggest new hit of the season)Undercover Boss.Another good thing is that the show won't face so strong competition(Brothers and Sisters and Celebrity Apprentice I think).

4. Grissom rules

CSI:Miami won't compete with Desperate Housewives.Miami will air at 10 and DH at 9.

5. srqmiamifan

srqmiamifan Victim

In the fall it will compete with NFL Football though, not Celebrity Apprentice. That will be tough, although it has forever competed with Monday Night Football...

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh well then that's quite a good news for Miami ;)

7. srqmiamifan

srqmiamifan Victim

In the fall/parts of winter, Miami will compete against NBC's NFL Football Package, which will be tough. That being said, it forever competed against Monday Night Football and did fine...

8. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

I think Miami will pull out fine on Sunday nights, and they'll probably end up back on Mondays if Hawaii 5-0 doesn't pan out. As low as there ratings were this season, they did give Castle some nervous competition. The football/basketball/news thing makes me nervous, but I'll hold out hope that Miami will prove to everyone that beauty comes with age!! :)

9. srqmiamifan

srqmiamifan Victim

I'm not sure what you mean by "They did give Castle some nervous competition..." Really, it was probably the other way around. However, Castle (at least in the later part of the season) had Dancing with the Stars as it leads in. For about 4 weeks Castle beat Miami, however, this past week Miami regained the top spot in total viewers. Miami has always led in the key advertising demo though.

In regards to its new competition, I think it will be very interesting to see how Miami does. It has always been in the Monday night time slot; hopefully the viewers make the change with it. Historically, Sunday night has always had the most TV viewers...

10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

As a Cold Case fan, I can sadly attest to one thing, 10 P.M. on a Sunday is where they like to put shows they wish to ax the following year.. Plus, there will be one other big factor that many of you should be prepared for. It will almost never start on time when football starts.
    I can't tell you how many times this season I ripped my hair out over the fact CC started anywhere from 10 mins to 45 mins late. The Red Eye alerts became my friend.

11. Grissom rules

I can't say I'm happy with the show's move but I think that it will perform better than Cold Case, and it will be renewed for the next season.CSI:Miami has to do what it didn't this season:Retain the viewers from the previous show!!I mean this past Monday Miami had 10.5 million viewers and a 2.9 in the 18-49 while TBBT in the same night had 14.5 million viewers and a 5.5 in the 18-49.

12. srqmiamifan

srqmiamifan Victim

That's probably not a fair comparison. Cold Case was "barely" renewed for a seventh season last Spring... While its total ratings weren't that bad, its key demo ratings were not good and the show really just didn't generate much buzz. Nothing less than a completely stellar season (in terms of ratings) could have kept it around.

This on the other hand is an excellent point! CBS, unlike FOX, refuses to cut into 60 Minutes when football goes long... aka, they air in its entirety. This definitely will impact CSI: Miami on the weeks CBS has a double-header for the NFL. (About 8 times.)

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

In Cold Case's defense, CBS barely aired any promos on it during the week. The series finale receivied virtually no coverage at all. But what's done is done.
    I would urge everyone to subscribe to Red Eye alerts. This way you will be able to adjust your DVRS accordingly. Trust me on this,your hair will thank you.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Crap I forgot about the sports thing. :( I don't have DVR, so I can't subscribe to Red Eye alerts.

As for NY, will it be 9pm central or Eastern? Cause if it comes on 8pm central, that'll be problematic for me cause they're moving my very favorite show (Supernatural) to 8pm on Fridays. :lol:

15. srqmiamifan

srqmiamifan Victim

All times are Eastern.