CSI: NY timeslot

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Geeno, Feb 13, 2010.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I hate shows going to Fridays, because they often die quickly after that.

But I'll tolerate it, as long as it's not at 9pm. I'm usually watching either Sanctuary or Merlin then, depending when we're talking about.

Sunday, I can handle as long as it's not at 7pm. I would hate to have it against Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

Besides, if it's at 8 or 9, I can not worry about the Sundays I go to church at night.

2. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Whoa... put a hold on it until mid season!? I was just snooping around the NY forum, bc I haven't been over here in a while-- and I see that? That makes me sick. NY is much better than the original, and it clearly says the original is the one suffering-- so why cut it's time just allow CM spin-off to get started?! Makes no sense... because then what happens when CM spinoff gets pICKED up? Do they move it?! Or do they move NY still? Because if they're moving NY then, why not just let it run a full season? CSI shows aren't comedy's. They shouldn't be 'held off' till mid season. I am in complete shock and I feel for you guys! I never miss the show either.. but I know how nervous I've been about Miami all season--- this is insane. Really insane!

:( Here's to hoping it all stays the SAME. Drop the weds comedy's... pull out ALL the stops in REAL NCIS fashion... move CM to 8 and CM spinoff at 9.. leave CSI: NY on at 10. It's just.. more fitting that way!!! IMO.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Not really about CSI:NY's time slot but...

NBC already announced it's Fall 2010 schedule and they put a new show "Law & Order: LA" on Wed 10/9c. This might be NY's new competition if CBS decides not to put it on other time slot.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/05/16/nbc-2010-fall-schedule-revealed/51502

"Law & Order: SVU" is back at Wed 9/8c against Criminal Minds. So, NBC just messed up with CSI: NY's ratings before putting a new show against it.

4. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I think CSI:NY will get moved on Sunday night and a new series will take it's place to benefit from Criminal Minds lead in(possibly the spin off).

5. Grissom rules

Seems that CSI:NY will be moved to Friday night after today's cancellations of Ghost Whisperer and Numbers.We'll see tomorrow when CBS announces it's 2010-2011 fall schedule.

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

^It's possible. But I still hope CBS is kind enough to leave NY where it is. CSI: NY is such a great show and it doesn't deserve to be wasted on a Friday night.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It could also move to Sunday since Cold Case got axed. I guess it depends on whether or not CSI moves as well. The consensus seems to be that Miami will likely stay put, but that NY and possibly CSI will move. I think it's all but certain that NY will move, unfortunately.

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

But wouldn't moving CSI NY to Friday at 10 just be the death of it??? That seems like a huge jump especially since it won't be head to head with SVU anymore on Wednesdays?

I'm really hoping CSI doesn't move either. Again, death to both shows IMO.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Fridays would be bad, yeah, but then, Ghost Whisperer lived there for many years and CSI got its start there. But overall... yeah, not great. I could see next season being NY's last, which would be a bummer.

10. Grissom rules

I think that these will happen:
    2010-2011 season:CSI:NY moves to Friday night airing it's last season.
    2011-2012 season:CSI moves to Friday night airing it's last season.
    2011-2012 season:CSI:Miami moves to Sunday night airing it's last season.
    That way we will have 7 seasons of NY,12 of Vegas and 10 of Miami.
    While hoping that in 6-7 years a new CSI series will be launched.

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I was thinking the same thing, if/when NY and CSI move to Friday, it would be CSI's last season. Just based on what I read.
    And it would be NY's last too, because unless they get moved back to Wednesday, or take over CSI's coveted Thursday night spot, it's the death of NY as well :eek:

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

it's kind of strange reading what you're saying here because as far as i know, friday night 9pm is one of the best spots for a show in this country! fri prime time is about as good as it gets and a show that's aired then has pretty much made it or is at least deemed to be popular by tv types. saturday night the same i guess but that's usually reserved for more reality stuff, talent shows and so on, or movies. friday night is probably the biggest of the week. i guess over here for us sunday nights are the real killer, or being moved to a really early slot, like 7pm or something. the prime time mid slots on weekdays are taken by soaps (corrie & easties both air at 7.30/8 on weeknights) so the 9pm slot is pretty coveted because there's already an audience in place. even on friday nights that still seems to work (especially now there's sky+ etc and people can tape stuff).

hmm that wasn't really relevant to the topic i guess, i'm just surprised that friday night is seen as such a terrible time slot - it's funny how different countries work differently on these things i guess.

also i guess over here in the uk it wouldn't make an awful lot of difference as it would air on a different night anyway (right now i think we have csi on tuesdays, miami on thursdays (not sure about miami actually), and ny on saturdays)

13. Grissom rules

Do you know what time CBS will release it's fall schedule?I'm very anxious about CSI:NY's timeslot.

14. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Expect details from CBS' upfront presentation this afternoon (wed may 19, NYC)

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  15. csimiamigirl

csimiamigirl Hit and Run

Ok I've Been getting EWAlarts and Michael A Tweets and they Both say CSI NY moves 2 Friday at 9:00 (right now i'm a little Mad) cause the also Moved CSI Miami to Sunday nights WHY but I Don't know if they are accurate but on EW webside there the whole CBS Fall Schedule