Episode 8x23 - 'Time Bomb' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 14, 2010.

1. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

^ Maybe so, in the end Ryan did thank Eric for having his back. I like the friendship moments too, like when they joined together to play a prank on Tara and this season where Ryan joked about Eric being the new guy. I also like Ryan's friendship with Walter and Jesse though I felt bad for Walter when Ryan lashed out at him.

2. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Urgh i'm missing it! Bloody thunderstorm blew out the local channels. Watch it get fixed just in time for the news! oh well. hope everyone enjoys.

3. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

^ That sucks!! Hopefully you'll get to watch the episode tonight

Next weeks epi looks good! They all fall down and it looks like that happens through letters sent to each member of the team. All of them were shown together looking at letters addressed to them but had no return address. It is nice to see the team together, can't wait for next week!

4. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

YES!!! STELER WENT DOWN!!!! It's about time, oh how I hated him! And yeah, Calleigh and Eric are still together! Awww, love! End scene was cute. Ryan looked hot in that white t-shirt. Promo .... *squeal!

5. srqmiamifan

srqmiamifan Victim

Amazing episode! I am so happy that Ryan is innocent!!

So well done! Best show ever...!

6. scottylass

scottylass Dead on Arrival

Awesome episode!I did not peg Stetler as the bad guy so boy was I surprised.Glad to see the handshake between Eric and Ryan,and glad that Eric and Calleigh are still together.Next week looks just as good.

7. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

O. M. G.:eek: I rate this 6 out of 5:

Plot was great
    use of Eric check
    DRAMA check
    EC check (hehe)
    best part: Stetler got was coming to him a long time ago!:guffaw:
    Oh and use of all the members of the team in ONE scene CHECK!

And for next week? 'Ashes, ashes we all fall down' The song just made it GOOOOD! Who said CSI was losing its sting? As a Jamaican I will say: 'Nah sah!' (nope/no one)

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I liked Rick, so I'm a little sad that he was the betrayer. I was kind of hoping it would be Sully and Rebecca. But I'm glad the team kept working till they found a way to exonerate Ryan. I loved Ryan's light green t-shirt. :) And the handshake between Ryan and Eric at the end is made of win. :adore:

9. Court

Court Prime Suspect

IMO, the scene with Ryan, Stetler and Horatio was the best part of this episode. I'm not an overtly huge Ryan fan (I'm in it for the H factor), but I definitely think he isn't used as much as he should be. Togo's talents are way underused. Other than that, it was an okay episode. I personally don't think it was worth all the hype.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I liked that Ryan got to put the cuffs on Stetler.
    We got a little tidbit about Ryan too.He had golfclubs, so I assume he plays.
    There were some family pics shown(too quickly) and from the little I saw,he has a nice apartment.
    That cop that helped Rick(in inpound) should have just reported him from the start,how long did he think they were going to get away with stealing?

11. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I'm glad Ryan was innocent, but still shocked it was Stettler. I always found it unfair he was portrayed as the evil IAB guy (like most of them are on cop shows.) Guess it's kinda hard to argue with that now lol. I will say something tells me he won't go down that easily.
    As for the team being back together, can we finally have them not fighting with each other for once?

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  12. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

OMG! BEST EPISODE EVER! I am still gushing here, so I can't review yet... I'll come back later with my FULL thoughts on everything but... OMG.

Ryan looked SO good. :drool: AND... Stetler, I knew it was him but it was SO good to see how it all played out. It was amazing! And Ryan putting him in cuffs and walking HIM down the hall as he's (Stetler) has done to Ryan, sometimes wrongfully, so many times before... A++

I had a slight worry about it though, I must admit. Everyone standing behind Ryan (except Calliegh had slight doubts), The hand shake between Ryan/Eric (WHICH I LOVED), Frank getting Ryan out of the slammer (They like each other but give one another a hard time), and finally... RYAN arresting Stetler... I hope that wasn't a finality on Ryan's story lines... kind of like, they tied up all his lose ends... I hope that doesn't mean anything and that I'm totally reading more into it. I hope it just means a more unified team?! Ahhh, I'm going to go crazy all summer until I know for a fact Ryan will be back. I'm still on the boat of thinking NO one is leaving, but I want conformation!!!

13. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Didn't we think it was the evidence locker cop? Good detective skills!

I really loved this episode, though I felt that there was so much going on, there was almost enough material for two episodes.

EC storyline was great. I enjoyed seeing them together in the end slightly joking about the matter.

Poor H, he had both Sully and Stetler stab him in the back.

The group in Ryan's apartment was entertaining. I almost expected Walter to walk out of the kitchen with a sandwich in his hands.

Rebecca's autopsy was heart breaking, =(

And RYAN! My dear, wonderful Ryan! I loved it when he stood up to Stetler during the first interrogation! And having Ryan cuff him was like pure, sweet justice that he's been wanting since season 5! (oh, and Ryan mentioned he hadn't gambled in 4 years, but timeline says 3... just a thought! )

In all, a great episode. Just lovely. Cannot wait for next week!

14. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I'm in a state of shock-I really liked Rick and considering that he's been merely sound bites all of this time this seems so unfair to do to his character. I was hoping it would be was Jesse :p. Stetler is going to be missed by those of us so saw so much chemistry in his and Horatio's relationship. I'm not a happy camper by any means:(; with this move. I suppose the grim reaper has taken his toll with Rebecca being killed, but it was a cheap shot. Horatio didn't take her death too, too much to heart, the way he would have if by all things as it had been in the past, it had been Kyle who had died.

This is a stab in the back to all of us who have waited patiently to see DLS do more than just an eye blink of work- now we have to see him be a dirty cop, a cop who feels deprived of everything (we never even got to see what he did to earn his Lieutenant status), as well as being twice divorced and a murderer. I don't feel good about this at all...sorry.

I'm not saying it was poorly written, but I can say I didn't like what was done.:scream:

15. Symmetryx

Symmetryx Civilian

IAB Sergeant Rick Stetler: 20 years... *throws the badge on the table* I gave my LIFE for this, and what do I got to show for it? I got high blood pressure, I got 2 ex-wives and I got a pension that ain't worth a spit.
    Lieutenant Horatio Caine: We all do. That's the nature of the sacrifice.

Horatio really outdid himself with that phrase; That's the nature of the sacrifice.