CSI: NY Season 7 Wishlist.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Carolyn_333, May 5, 2010.

1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Oh it was a slip of the tongue:lol::lol: Yep, I meant S3:pwell, technically she will be an adult (19??) so it would be sooooo nice to have her back. Again i say because we don't have the chance of watching many female sociopaths on tv (well technically there isn't a big register in Real Life either). It could add continuity to S7 considering we have Shane back now:drool::drool::drool:

Another one interesting was Darius from Manhattan Manhunt:drool:

And thanks for letting me know about Carlo:thumbsup: but i guess i still hope for Vance back since CSI NY is the only show i watch (yep i still love this show a lot:thumbsup:) and AXN doesn't air NCIS LA yet

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I agree. Mac is apparantly the only one who bothers dressing formally for work anymore!

Also I want to add:

Give Danny his glasses back and make him shave.

3. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

And a HAIRCUT! God, the man looks like a monkey! If I were Lindsay I would've divorced him a long time ago. :p

4. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Danny could definitely do with a haircut too.

5. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Much repeats from what I put in the fix-it thread, but it's a wishlist nonetheless :p. I'd love:

• a much more consistent schedule in airing new episodes.

• far fewer mallets. It's like the writers have mixed croquet with polo. A bit of overkill. Give viewers some credit. A little subtlety would be appreciated. Let things play out. We'll catch on.

• more fun quirky cases where that dark humour can shine thru. More dark cases where that gritty intensity can shine thru.

• better usage of episode time. Feels as though there is often filler, material that episodes can do without, and not suffer for cohesiveness or comprehension. Time that could be used in other ways to augment whatever is going on.

• A renewed anchor in NY, a renewed signature and style. Beyond production style, I'm talking about stories and material that feel like they would happen no where else. A great deal of what's written about feels like it could be easily transplanted anywhere.

Also, just about every crime show has access to a lab when convenient nowadays. I'd love for the show to further use the characters and the city to set the show apart. Renew that vibe, discover some diversity.

Pretty please, TPTB, don't rely on the franchise format and formulae for identity at the expense of content.

• I like the occasional appearance of recurring characters. Within the dept., someone like Sinclair. Outside the dept., characters like Reed, Sam, Terence, hopefully Sheldon's upcoming LI, Aubrey if she comes back, mebbe someday Sid's family and more of Flack's. Mebbe Angell's father even makes another appearance at some point, that too could be good. Hell, even Phil and his diner could be someplace to use again :lol:. They allow easy access to different parts of the city, they broaden and maintain the realm and a feeling of context.

I'd also include a character like Dunbrook, whom I see in a similar light as Gerrard (he's not a villain in the vein of a Shane Casey or Cabbie Killer), in terms of what he can provide as a countering force. He's not an uber-villain they hafta hunt down, he's a prominant figure with the personality and means as a media mogul to be a thorn and complicating element in whatever he touches. (He's also a nice variant on a character like Gerrard, external to the precinct, as opposed to a more typical Internal Affairs character who often fills the role of throwing grit in the gears).

• no more cliff-hanger finales. ferdaluvafrickingad. Give it a rest. They cause internal wincing and dread, not anticpation.

• less two dimensional pigeon-holed functionality for characters. Set them free :p. More instances of interaction between the team members, and I would love instances where there are differences of opinion or approaches or philosophies. More individuality in how they relate and deal with what cases bring them into contact with. More mixing of who gets to work with whom, they all bring out different things in each other. More dialogue that feels specific to them as individuals, and not anonymously interchangeable. Yes, they have to kick the story forward. But it should matter who they are in how they go about it.

• for the show to break out of it's comfortable box of tricks. There must be some way to blend the show's forensic mandate/plot expedition toolbox of processing and montage sequences with investigative exposition and the characters' individualities. It didn't always feel so formulaic, and frankly, so dull and anonymous, and sometimes even as though it's merely shiny filler.

Often shiny, slick, and thin or hollow. We can handle an increased density and complexity.

• a season that mixes 2-case episodes, and single case eps where a character or a multi-ep arc or plot may receive a bit more focus.

• If Flack's suit and fugly ties are forever gone, perhaps we could at least get an explanation. Perhaps his precinct colleagues raided his locker and staged a ritual burning of offending ties :p. Perhaps he gets a new one as a gag gift at some point. They were something that were a personality quirk for him, and while I like the direction they've taken his character, it's a shame to lose something like that.

And yes. Messer gets a shave and a haircut. And a raiding of his locker and closet for any orange sweaters.

• wouldn't mind another cross over of some sort. Within the CSI world, or something else. Wouldn't it be fun if Grissom was in NY for some reason, and got to mix with the whole team on a case, for example. Or even Hodges or Wendy or Walter in town for a seminar and bumping into Adam or something. Mebbe not. Dunno. (But man wouldn't also having the former lead from the mothership guesting on the show give it a kick).

Meh. Now I'm scrounging. I know I'll probably have more to say once the final eps and arcs all play out :p.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  6. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Elwood, love all your reasons. It would be great to see a crossover of some sort, ideally involving more than just the lead character(s) on both shows.

I'd love to see an episode from Adam's POV, along the lines of CSI Vegas's Lab Rats/Field Mice. Adam has the honour of being Chief Lab Rat on NY, as all the others have gone, and such an episode would
    a) Really let him shine.
    b) Show the others from his perspective, giving them something different. For example, I think Adam is scared/nervous of Mac at times, but also sees him as a father figure, obviously he has a major crush on Stella, and it would be interesting to get his perspective on the others too.

7. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

A real Adam episode focused on Adam. I think most of us wants that :] The man is ADORABLE, and AJ really can act. :)

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i totally agree with everything elwood said. damn agreeability ;)

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Another crossover episode!

Since this is a wish... I want a character or two from NY to visit LV and Miami, if the LV show runners will agree. If not, well, let Brass, Catherine or Nick do it.

As for the character from NY to do the crossover, the most likely will be either Mac, Stella or Flack.

The problem with crossover will be jurisdiction or the connection. I hope this time, it's other than just a "promise," like Ray had with Madeline's mom or Horatio with the daughter of the murdered couple on "MIA/NYC - Nonstop". That's why it will be more convincing to send off the detective, or the supervisor especially for high profile cases.

However, it's also possible that the supervisor will send a subordinate. So, it's really up to the writers. Just promise to do it much better! :)

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  10. Ypoika

Ypoika Victim

Wishes, wishes...

I wish the series in season 7 are more like those from seasons 1-4.

I wish there are no love triangles (Mac, Aubreu, Payton) C'mon this CSI after all, not a soap opera..

And last but not least i wish Flack stops mourning Angell's death once and for all. Man, she was my favorite too but she's dead and gone.

11. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

Yeah, and get a mention of her now and then instead!

12. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Absolutely random Impossible Wishlist item.

Opposite of stunt casting, who would you love love loooooove to see as a guest star on the show?

Perhaps inspired by the likes of Vegas' recent "Take My Life, Please." And recent reexposure to some of her material & upcoming, but. Dang, man:

~> Joan Cusack.

!. :p.

I don't even care which branch of the franchise, :lol:. Would probably fit Vegas or NY best, but I just can't shake this, she would be fantastic on a darkly humoured episode of some sort.

Dunno where that came from. Just. Dang man, would be brilliant :lol:.

...Never mind. Alas. :lol: :p.

</random>

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

One thing i was kinda thinking about and it goes I suppose with the 2nd case we all want to see come back is a new cop to back up flack... we all know how much its worked and surely the writers know it to. Vegas have done it well with Brass and Vartan, and i think NY would benefit from it again show us Flack isn't like superman and is everywhere at once.

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

me ;) :p

i think joan cusack would be good but they should get john as well :D

15. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

AJ Buckley could write & direct an episode! I think he wrote the Ghostfacers episodes... Anyways, if he did, I think it would be HILARIOUS! :lol: