Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

2. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

wish they'd put that on Encore on demand or something-it never shows anymore and I'd for one would love to see it!

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I have. I actually have it on VHS tape. I liked it!

4. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

Capricorns have an innate understanding of the world of business-I'm not surprised by David's success; they are practical minded, so it makes sense that he would find that success in the realm of modern technology. It's all quite admirable in every aspect and I'll best he's a "smart saver" too!:cool:

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  5. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I tivo'ed the movie "Black Point" and I really enjoyed it, to see his character express so much love for a woman and warm, deep, platonic feelings of friendship for his friend was quite refreshing, although I admit that the film Jade gave me a pre-Horatio Caine look see as it were. There was a strong, sensual even slashy feel in that film; it had elements that made me wish CSI Miami would do something in the NC17 or MA range, just for depth ( uhhh.... pardon the the pun..;))

6. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Lol oh my ;) That'd certainly be a treat.
    Gold Coast is widely considered to be one of DC's best works, but its also very hard to find. I found it on amazon once for 90-something dollars :(

7. Court

Court Prime Suspect

I have both of those movies on DVD and I looooove them. I was so happy when they released "Jade" on Blu-Ray, though I wish they would have put some more extras on it or something.

DC has awesome range. I just got the movies "Deadlocked" and "Body Count" on VHS (I had to dig my VCR out of the attic) since they aren't available on DVD in the U.S. Both of these are also really good. Definitely check them out if you haven't already.

8. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

I recently got Deadlocked and Body Count on DVD (in the UK) - both good movies. Got Jade too, but wasn't that impressed with it. It was a good introduction to what could have been a good story; it just seemed to be a bit... under done? I dunno, it didn't seem to work for me. But it was good to watch DC anyway! (Isn't it always?!:lol:)

Has anyone come across a movie called "Without Warning", with a VERY young David in it? I found it by accident on YouTube (not the whole movie, just some clips from it). Made in 1980, I think, but he looks REALLY young - and the shorts have to be seen to be believed!!:eek:

And thanks for the info about facebook etc. - although apparently he already has too many friends!

Jude

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  9. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

I agree with you on several points. Jade was an abysmal failure; only DC's presence helped me watch it to the end. I've never seen "Gold Coast", haven't seen it available; I'd wouldn't consider $90 for it anyway. Only the clips from "Without Warning", but well worth the watch.

DC has a new Facebook page, primarily because his old page had a 5,000 limit. The new page has no limit:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Caruso/49268792641

10. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

11. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I can't comment completely on the episode last night because I haven't seen the whole thing, but I do have a bone to pick with how they wrote for Horatio for what little I saw.

SULLY is the betrayer that shakes Horatio to his core? Really? SULLY? :rolleyes: How are we supposed to care that someone we don't even know has betrayed Horatio? Someone whose relationship with Horatio we didn't even really get to see. Their relationship didn't seem to be that friendly to me when we saw them interact in "Out of Time". It actually seemed a bit strained.

And let's face it, it's a little tough to be invested in a character we've seen a total of three times!:wtf:

Where was the compassionate Horatio when it came to Rebecca last night? My Horatio would have been terribly upset that not only an old love died, but that an Assistant State's Attorney who was trying to catch the bad guy was killed in the line of duty. Telling Eric that she was a friend to all of them doesn't cut it when you're talking about Horatio!

IMO, he was OOC a couple of times just in the first half. I'll have to wait to comment on the second half. ;)

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Totally agree with you especially the second part. I still can't believe he didn't girev on Rebecca's death...it was soo out of character, in my opinion :rolleyes:

13. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

I agree. I enjoyed the episode but they really screwed up a lot with Horatio! The only time he seemed upset is when Sully pulled the gun on him.:wtf:
    THAT'S how he should've been when he found out about Nevins.

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Me three. This episode was such a disappointment in so many ways, but most disappointing was what was lacking from our H. I never would have expected him to completely mourn & cry over Rebecca, but I would have expected far more from him than "she was our friend, let's not forget it".
    It didn't end there -- H's banter with Rick was totally off as well.
    "What do you want me to do?" -- "You bet" :wtf::wtf: Like Horatio Caine would EVER ask Rick Stetler for advice on a case!

And with Sully? What the hell? Since when are they so buddy-buddy?!
    This whole betrayal thing was a total flop! I can't tell you how excited I was to see something hit Horatio so hard -- they failed miserably, I mean, MISERABLY.

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

What irks me most is that he can kiss a random dead cop, he kisses random victims and seeks revenge for those murders and then what? This is what you get for a prosecutor who also happened to be one of his ex-girlfriends? That was rather pathetic, if you ask me :rolleyes: