George/Nick: Texan Charm #11

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

Well, personally, I welcome any and all George Eads fans into the online fandom. I love sharing stories about him, talking about his roles, and looking at pictures. Hellojulie, you made me very happy today with your upclose and personal story because it confirmed to me the person who I think George is. I hope you don't run off at this point because anybody willing to spend the kind of money it took to get into that gala must be a true-blue George fan.

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

great Nick we got last night :)

I wasn't sure there at the beginning that we would be getting much Nick but we did :) I love how Nick, Greg and Sara conspired to help Ray out :lol: sort of like in season 1 when everyone conspired to help Grissom out in The Strip Strangler :)

I'm liking supervisor Nick. Instead of really chewing out Ray for doing what he wasn't suppose to, Nick told Ray that he would tell them he found the info. I don't think Nick was wanting the credit because we know that that's not what Nick's about but he did want to make sure the info was passed on.

Loved the black on black short sleeved over long sleeved shirts :drool:

so it'll be interesting to see what happens next week.

3. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I just wanted to say thank you Hellojulie for sharing your "meeting George experience". It was nice to read that he is down to earth, a nice guy and that he tood the time to talk to you and pose for a picture.

I was sorry to read that his back still hurts. I hope he takes the summer off and just relaxes.

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I got my tvguide today. It's not just George to sign contract, Marg, Eric and Paul. He has by June 30 to resigned contract if he want to stay on season 11. If he is leaving the show, I will quit watch it. Nick is the reason I keep watch it.

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

His contract is up on June 30. After that he can look elsewhere but he can still resign for CSI after June 30th. That's why he and Marg are still doing the promotional stuff even though they're done filming this season - they're still under contract.

Susan

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Thanks, Blackflag. My mom think he will resigned with the CSI and so it the other.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You know something Nick said last night majorly caught my attention.

"I think everyone has a violent streak in the, I know I do"

Hmmmm :shifty: Is that a precursor to something? I don't know, but when he said it gave me pause. Have we seen it before? Like in 'Gum Drops'? His taking more risks?

What do you think?

8. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Well, he slammed Kristy's pimp up against the PD wall in "Boom", did the same in Gum Drops, and let's not forget For Warrick.

The only thing I can think of is, one of the serial killers be it Haskell or Jekyll injures one of the extended team and so Nick goes a little over board in trying to seek justice. And if the preview is any indication his pursuit doesn't end all that well

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

It might be. But I do hope he re-signs. His character is the only reason I watch the show now. :(:(:(:(

10. LadyMaverick

LadyMaverick Dead on Arrival

I would like to add a comment for HelloJulie. Thank you for sharing your evening with George. I would have loved to have been there and met him myself. I'm glad you had such a great evening. If you want to share more details, you can contact me anytime. My contact information is on my profile.
    I rarely ever post here. I come to observe and look at the wonderful photos. I understand the need for guidelines and the rules and none of us would ever want to intrude on George's personal life or spread rumors about him.
    HelloJulie is a devoted and enthusiastic fan and friend of the person who this page is all about. She shared her personal experience with the man everyone here dreams about meeting. I was pretty shocked by the comments here. Less than appreciative. I honestly doubt she will be back. Maybe this is why so few contribute or join in on his Ward.
    You all may think that this isn't a clique or closed group but take it from me, it sure feels like it.
    No one owns the right to George or Nick. He should be free to everyone.
    I enjoy your avatars, the pics and even the sometimes very silly games you play but I hope that you will be more receptive toward friends and fans of the object of everyone's affection on here.

11. hellojulie

hellojulie Victim

Wow, thank you for understanding and reaching out to me on FB. Not sure how you found me but that's very cool. I came back here to see what you said otherwise, i wasn't here anymore.

I do want to say that there were a handful of very nice posts on here regarding my sharing. I appreciated that. i really wasn't bragging but I just wanted to share with fans. Meeting George, as i am sure most of you can understand, was seriously one of my most amazing experience. My friends laugh & say they think it was up there with my wedding day and child birth for me. They don't exactly get it.

But, as nice as some of the posts were, I found myself defending myself on more than one post. For example...I told you my first hand knowledge that he is much shorter and thinner in real life. That is a fact. On TV he looks big and tall. He isn't. Fact. But I got replies as if I said something wrong..."He's not that short...I don't think 5' 10 is short it's perfect! etc. as if I said it wasn't? Coming here to share was supposed to be exciting not instead having to say I think he is perfect the way he is. Let me defend.

His crinkles...they are there more than you see on TV. He was sunburned so they were very there. Doesn't mean he isn't edible. Let me defend.

BUt nothing was more insulting than the "OFFICIAL STOP IT NOW" post. The ultimate defending. I never spread rumors. I already explained why I said what I said...I won't say it again. The posts saying "I don't care if he is or isn't" again was silly since it had no bearing on my post. I wasn't saying anything but he is not lying and i feel I have ammo to refute the naysayers. First hand ammo.

I thought I would have a ton of people excited for me and want to know details, details, details. I know I would have been all over that if I saw someone willing to share.

Smokey, be proud you're a monitor or whatever it's called, but perhaps you need to follow your own rules - as I posted a few posts back. There was no gentle reminder which WAS NOT needed to begin with if you read the rules as I pointed out. Your jumping to his defense was so unnecessary and out of line, not to mention harsh with bold lettering. You seem like a school hall monitor that feels important, in my opinion.

And no, I will not be posting again so don't worry about reprimanding me for something I probably did wrong in this post.

But I do thank the posters that told me that I made their day and they were happy to hear my story and some that even wanted more details. THAT was what I was hoping for.

:(Caio.

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

We've got us one more episode to go this season [​IMG] and then we're done for another year :( So what are your thoughts on Nick this year.

I think it's been a fantastic Nick season. I don't think there has been one episode that I've not been happy with.

We started the season with Nick becoming assistant supervisor. I think he's done an excellent job there especially when you look at the last episode. Nick was firm with Ray. He couldn't let Ray know that what he did was fine but after the slap on the wrist he became a team player and is the one to help out Ray with the Dr Who investigation.

There have been some fun times this season as well. Appendicitement was a laugh a minute. I think they could have and should have spent the whole show on that case. We got some great team work with Nick, Greg, Hodges and poor Henry :lol: And what more can we say but dirty Nick :drool: We also got some good team time in Lovers Lane :) and the end of Dr Who.

And what more needs to be said about Nick and Connor :adore: There were a couple of sad cases dealing with children and of course we all felt Nick's empathy there. I don't know if anyone could deal with children the way Nick does.

So there are some of my thoughts. What are yours now :)

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Only one more ep to go!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I love the way Nick has continued to grow this season. His empathy and skills at dealing with the victims has stood him good this season. He's made a great assistant supervisor. I love the fact that he stood by Langston the same way he stood by Warrick - he always believes the best about people. :)

We got a drool fest :drool: :drool: :drool: of dirty Nick twice, wet Nick, and the cutest scene in years with Nick and Conner. :adore: They have got to put him with kids more often. :lol: Did you notice that Nick was the only one who got to deal with Conner. Brass got to point him out in the car but the only one with scenes with him was Nick. :)

I have to say that the best thing about this season is that George Eads got to be more active than I was expecting. He did some running, bowling, swinging the golf club (which was probably his most favorite thing this season) picking up kids several times... He really showed his fans that he was going to keep working on getting better.

I was wondering - What episode would you want him to do commentary on for the season 10 DVD's? I was thinking at first that Lost & Found would be nice just to hear his views on those scenes with Conner that we all love so much. I think he could really get into doing it for Lover's Lanes or Long Ball. But ultimately I would love to hear from all 4 of the guys on filming Appendicitement. I think it would be a laugh a minute! :lol:

Susan

14. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I was just happy to see any Nick this season considering how we only had one scene of him at the end last year.

Loved how much of a leader he has become. And he earned the promotion to assistant supervisor too.

So many great moments from this season which everyone has already covered.

As far as what commentary I would like to hear George on, Appendicitement would a riot with all the boys in one room.

15. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Administrator Administrator

hellojulie:

That's the nature of Internet posting. Something you like, someone else does, something you dislike, someone likes. You can't take that personally.

The problem is, you came to a new place, I think, but didn't look at the rules beforehand. Understandable, as reading rules is dull (and most forget them instantly) but having a quick look beforehand saves you trouble. For instance, I cuss a lot. Some boards really pitch a bitch about it. Before I post on any new board, I read their rules to make sure that I don't do something that will immediately get myself in trouble.

It really has to be the responsibility of the poster to come in and do that. Plus - another really good tactic when joining a new board is to lurk a bit, to get the flavor of the place. Doing that, you see how things run at the board (all boards are different anyhow) and how tight or loose the board is (we try to be in-between). I do that myself, even though I've been online since around 1999.

That's my advice. Don't let this scare you off or don't take offense. You're more than welcome to bring fun and enthusiasm and you'll find plenty who will probably enjoy your posts if you stay. The mods are here to make sure the place stays fun (basically making sure that posters don't fight, which is a real issue on the 'net.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.