Eva/Natalia #3: More of the Beautiful Compassionate Bionic Woman!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Just saw the episode. Great job by Eva, simply love her and Natalia. Everything portrayed was spot on. Like seeing her and Horatio working together in such cases. They bring a very warm & realistic touch, you can say they keep the show 'grounded'.

But future looks rather dim cause I am still worried for her next season though - based on the latest interview with those producers. I know I shouldn't take much of their words though. I mean saying 'No one is safe' and then they talked about a few others in S9 with no mention of Natalia. Looks more and more unsafe for Natalia.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

She was all kinds of awesome in this episode. LOVE seeing her so hands-on....not to mention there was a feel there that was much like her leading the case with Horatio, which I love. :p

Natalia is so warm & compassionate, it was so nice to see her working with the kids in such a gentle manner ...she's just so good at it; her and Horatio both have a way with children - maybe it's because they're parents in real life it just comes more naturally for them.

I have to say, the more I see Natalia alongside Horatio in these cases, the more I feel that she should have a much bigger part in this show. Both the character & the actress have every bit of capability to pull off playing a lead role. IMHO, they badly need to weed out the old & bring in the new if they want to freshen up this near-dying series!

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree completely, MJ. Natalia and Horatio have the working chemistry that Horatio and Calleigh used to have. Onlly with Horatio and Calleigh it was a teasing, bantering type back and forth. I've always believed that Natalia's warmth and compassion softens Horatio. She accentuates Horatio's humanity. They have much in common and work very well together.

She is a natual with kids, isn't she? :) Nothing forced. Nothing fake. Both Natalia and Horatio are excellent with children. They were the perfect team members to interact with these children. Neither one let the tragedy of their past abuse overwhelm them. They stayed focused on the priority - the children. With Natalia and Horatio, and we've seen this with Ryan as well, it's about the victim. They aren't so involved with their own lives that everyone and everything else comes second.

YES! Natalia would be perfect in a lead role because her character still makes her job the priority and because the empathy and sympathy are basic core values for her. She doesn't know what selfish or self-involved means.

She has an excellent working relationship with every team member. She is tolerant and not judgmental and errs on the side of trust and belief in the people she works with. She defends everyone of them when their honesty or integrity is questioned.

She is very close to being the female Horatio. :)

4. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

mjszud & Delynn: I agree with you guys and in regards to her traits, she's had a good teacher (Horatio)

5. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I do think it was appropriate that the focus stayed on the abused kids and not themselves, they are there to do their job and just help. They played it well.

I third that! I would LOVE to see her in a lead role. She is able to play it without trying to have all attention on her.

I think we can add gentle and kind too when describing Natalia. Loved the way she interacted with the kids and I seriously hope they give these chances to her more often. I also like to watch Natalia's interrogation scenes, usually we see them use the hard approach but for Natalia she goes the other way round and doesn't immediately accused everyone of being guilty (though sometimes you have to blame the scripts).

Well minus Horatio's superhero/invinsible qualities. :lol:

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Hey, she's young. Give her time! ;)

7. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

Greetings good people of the Eva/Natalia thread!
    BRAVO! BRAVO!BRAVO!
    I caught the latest epi online, albeit a few days late. At first I thought that I was looking at another mediocre to average episode. But as things progressed the episode evolved in a logical manner. I like the way things evolved, as the CSIs and Horatio put the investigation into full gear the family's deep dark secrets were exposed to light. Kind of pulling back the veil of upper-middle class "perfection", as it were, to expose a physically and emotionally abusive parent.
    The boy was a kind of surprise. I truly didn't expect him. My first an only theory was the daughter's boyfriend, who I thought rode in like a knight in shining armor to free his love from the wicked queen.
    Looks like I have mud on my face now.

Anyway, I was absolutely thrilled with the performance Eva put forth in this epi. It seemed slow at first and I thought things may be focused on Jesse and Walter throughout the whole case. However as the case evolved her presence seemed to become stronger, as did her performance. I was particularly impressed with the scenes with the boy. Natalia seemed to come into her own in these scenes. It was a strong performance! IHMHO, her best since "Miami Confidential" a few seasons back.
    It also looks as if the ratings took a bump last night, sharing the top spot with "Castle". Maybe there is a connection?

I would put this episode as one of the best ones of the current season. Disagree with me if you will, but that's my opinion and I am sticking to it!!

8. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Aww. She's so beautiful -- she'll look gorgeous in any gown!
    I hope there's TONS of pictures!! :D

That's totally cool about Jonathon, too. How neat he's going to marry them! :p

10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Wow, those gowns are awesome! I liked the first one especially but the second one is so beautiful too! The Grecian look is perfect on her!

11. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

I loved the first one! Thanks for the find! She can pretty much pull off anything though so it's gonna be interesting to see what she wears. Jonathan Togo marrying them....that should be interesting. ;) I wonder if all the CSI:Miami cast will be there? Hopefully we'll get some pictures. Wishes and best of luck to Eva and Joe! :)

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Wow. She is so incredibly beautiful. The gowns are just accessories!

How outstanding is it about Togo! I'm so happy for everyone involved. It looks like it is truly going to be a celebration. I hope it's everything Eva could hope for. :)

13. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Here is hoping there will be a video of her wedding too! Heard it will be in June. Wish the very best for them. :D

~~~~

On to the show, I seriously hope this whole investigation drama ends in the next episode and Natalia doesn't get stuck in the middle of some silly 'conflict' that tptb tries to create. I want the finale to be the start of something different, as what I've read.

I hope there would be some good interaction between Natalia and that professor in the finale.

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^

I want to see some aftermath from the investigation/betrayal -- I don't want all of it totally wrapped up in this episode. I want to see Ryan cleared & the diamond thief exposed in this one, but I feel like it will be a massive flop if the whole thing is then dropped & the team is immediatly hunky-dorry.
    That said, I hope Natalia's knowledge of this investigation is kept silent! I'd rather not see the other team members find out she knew & they start doubting her or questioning her role in it. They can be wishy-washy with Delko all they want (he should have to face the consequences the same as Natalia did) but I'd just really hate to see Nat's past dragged to the surface in an ugly way just because she knew what was going on. :(

I'm starting to think there won't be too much between her & Professor Stephens. From the way all the spoilers sound, I think the "connection" might be a clue about his death (or the whole case) -- maybe at some point in the episode (or in the premiere even?) she goes back to that moment & figures something out.

Now for a question -- did anyone else go 'hmmmm' when Natalia talked to little Cody & said something about how when you keep a secret for too long you forget what the truth is?
    Could this have been referring to her past as an informant, or her secret about the investigation, or....is it possible Natalia has seen something fishy there in the lab (maybe with a close member of the team) & doesn't want to say anything?
    This got me thinking because I honestly believe the last thing Natalia would ever want to do is be a snitch, especially if it were something that just made her raise an eye-brow, & she didn't have proof.
    Course it may not have meant anything at all....just makes me wonder.

15. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

^^ I interpretted the interaction between Cody and Natalia to just be Natalia being able to relate to an abuse victim. I thought she meant that she went through the same thing with Nick, covering for him being ashamed (all the normal motions of an abuse victim).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.