Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

If anyone can post details of the promo or the actual promo for next weeks episode (in a spoiler box, of course) that would be awesome. There's a tornado watch here, so, the promo was replaced with an emergency weather report.:rolleyes:

I actually liked this episode a lot, very intense. The scene between Eric and Calleigh toward the beginning of the episode was bittersweet. I mean, it was cute. I just didn't like the fact that he's hiding this whole investigation on the lab from her (and the rest of the CSI team actually) and she just seemed so oblivious to it until she saw Eric talking to Stetler.

The end of the episode was really, sudden. It just ended quickly. So I'm not really sure how any of that is going to go down. I didn't see the promo, but I have a feelings suspicions are definitely going to rise. I hope this doesn't mean more tension for Eric and Calleigh. But this kind of stuff usually does mean drama between the two of them.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

EC's scenes last night were both bittersweet. That's a good way to describe it JoannaRose. The first one because even though they were at the same place (Calleigh's?) and they had this morning routine going on, he was hiding things from her. It's like the end of season 7 all over again :rolleyes:. I didn't appreciate that, it's not necesarry, it's been done.

The last scene was also bittersweet, IMO, because even though it was sweet the way she ran up to him and touched his face...

...I think this takes place after some type of discussion between them given promo pics for this episode. At least we know they have this scene after that little whatever and she's right there with him. Or it could take place before the discussion IDK...

Overall, good episode though. I really like that Eric is struggling with this, trying to get out, and defending the team. Plus he had this great tank top at the beginning of the episode to which my husband commented: even though I'm here I want you to enjoy that :lol:. I love my husband :cool:.

3. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

I thought this was a great episode! Good distribution of characters.

To use someone else's words to describe the EC scene, it was bittersweet. I loved the casual way they demonstrate their relationship. I cant decide if this was supposed to imply that they are living together, or just that they are staying with each other regularly enough to have keys to each others houses and to come and go comfortably. Was uncomfortable that Eric has not confided in her that he's investigating the lab. I would think he could at least tell her that he's doing it without giving her any details about his findings.

As for the last scene, I'm assuming from the promo pictures that were distributed before that Calleigh was following Eric to see what he's up to and witnessed the bombing. He looked surprised to see her, so I'm guessing there will be conflict coming up next week. I really really hope the writers handle any conflict in a mature manner. Not like a year ago. I would love to see some actual adult conversation between our couple. I think it would be completely reasonable to have Calleigh say something like "I love you and I'm so glad you're ok, but I'm really pissed at you right now for hiding this and then putting yourself in danger again..." Unfortunately, I fear that we'll get more sullen distrust and relationship conflict. JMHO.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Here's the canadian promo posted by ec4evr in the spoiler thread. I thought I'd bring it over because it shows some of the discussion between Eric and Calleigh. She says something like "why did you lie to me" and I think that he's talking to her when he said that everyone was a suspect. BTW, loved when she is showed running towards him and screaming "Eric".

5. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

There better be a happy ending for all our beloved CSIs and especially E & C. I am done with upset between these 2.

6. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Thanks for the Canadian promo. It's, as usual, much better than the one we get in the US. Looks like our couple is going to have a serious discussion next week.

7. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

My 2 cents on "Mommie Deadest" and the promos for "Time Bomb":

The E/C "domesticity" scene was adorable, but bittersweet, as JoannaRose897 stated, b/c Eric was hiding something from Calleigh. Although it was a bit reminiscent of the end of Season 7 (good point, hiphugger17!), I don't think that this time, Eric's secret will fracture our couple. In "Seeing Red," Eric was really skirting the ethical line in trying to help his biodad, who had ties to the Russian mob. In "Time Bomb," he's trying to fight crime, working for the S.A.'s office and Horatio, who asked Eric to do an internal investigation into the stolen diamonds. I'm sure that Calleigh will be able to appreciate the difference.

As for the E/C scene in "Mommie Deadest, IMO, the place looked more like Eric's condo than Calleigh's house. The decor didn't look anything like what we saw of Cal's place in "In the Wind." Besides, for some reason, I've always thought Calleigh lives in a house rather than a condo. The few window shots we got during the "In the Wind" bedroom scene didn't seem to indicate a high-rise condo building ... looked more like a house to me. Anyways, Eric looked scrumptious in that wife-beater shirt. [​IMG] (It must be very hard for Cal to head out to work in the morning if it means leaving Eric at home ... no wonder she "forgot" something and had to come back! [​IMG] ) And, of course, Calleigh was so in-tune to him (as usual) that she immediately sensed that he was stressed out about something. Could these 2 be any more in sync?! [​IMG] And their little kiss before Cal headed out to work had me sporting a huge, silly grin! [​IMG]

I'm not terribly worried about what next week's eppy will mean for E/C. Calleigh sounds more concerned than angry when she asks Eric why he lied to to her. And I'm sure she'll understand when he explains what he's doing, especially when he tells her that Horatio's on board. From what I can tell from the preview, it seems like next week's episode will start with a flashback to what happened before the explosion that we saw at the end of "Mommie Deadest." TPTB probably chose to show the explosion this week to get viewers interested and tuning in next week. Then they'll show us what happened beforehand.

IMO, the timeline that seems to make sense is the following: Calleigh tails Eric to his meeting with Rebecca --> Cal confronts him, and she and Eric have their heated discussion about his secret investigation of the lab, and she asks him why he "lied to her" --> Eric's explanation to Calleigh is enough to satisfy her, because she turns to go back to her car and Eric starts walking towards Rebecca for their meeting --> the car bomb goes off --> Calleigh hears the explosion behind her and runs back towards Eric. And as we can see from the look on her face when she tenderly takes Eric's face in her hands, she's utterly in love with him, and he feels the same. [​IMG] I highly, highly doubt that they're going to break up after that. If anything, Eric almost dying in the explosion will only serve to reaffirm Cal's feelings for him.
    At least, this is what I hope happens. The CSIM writers have been known to come out of left field sometimes, but using the events of 8.23 to split up our couple would just be plain nuts!:wtf: Let's hope they don't go this crazy route ...

----------------------------------------------

EDIT:

I was surfing around on iTunes today looking to buy "Mommie Deadest," and I came across a featured playlist of Emily Procter's Top 10 CSI: Miami Episodes. I thought I'd share it here ... my apologies if it has already been posted (I checked but didn't see anything). Anyhow, here's the list:

1. Felony Fight

2. If Looks Could Kill

3. Stand Your Ground

4. All In

5. Resurrection

6. Wrecking Crew

7. Sink or Swim:luvlove:

8. Seeing Red

9. Out of Time

10. Smoke Gets In Your CSI's:adore:

It's cool to see that so many of the episodes that Emily picked as her favorites were ones with significant E/C moments: Stand Your Ground, All In, Sink or Swim, Out of Time and Smoke Gets In Your CSI's. It just underscores how much Emily supports the relationship between Calleigh and Eric. I've read in several other news articles that she has actively campaigned for both the romance and Adam's full-time return to CSIM.

Btw, if you want to check out Emily's iTunes list yourself, just open iTunes, click on "TV Shows," then "Networks & Studios." Select "CBS" and then scroll through the pages until you see a picture of Emily with "CSI: Miami" on it. When I checked, it was on page 3. For some reason, there were 2 versions of Em's playlist. (I have no idea why!).

8. das576

das576 Hit and Run

Man I hope you are right Delquesne!!! I like your thinking and it does make sense. i can see them going back in next weeks ep to the discussion eric and calleigh have prior to the bomb....that would be a smart way for them to go about it!! I hope they know how NOT SMART it would be to bring more drama from this whole thing and end them having happiness. I will keep my fingers crossed!!!

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I watched this episode last night, what a blockbuster episode. I was blown away by the chemistry between Eric and Calleigh, such respect and kindness, and caring. So Are they a couple and how long has this been going on? The really looked connected. Sorry I haven't watched this for a while. :confused:

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  10. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I believe you mean Eric and Calleigh. But don't worry, your typo made me giggle. :)

They are, indeed, a couple. They first got together about a year ago (We saw them kiss for the first time in episode 7.16 - "Sink or Swim"). They had their ups and downs, and some trust issues, but then it seemed like after a few too many near-death experiences, they realized how important they are to one another.

It seems, however, that they'll hit another rocky patch in the final two episodes of the season. Eric left CSI near the beginning of the season and is currently working for the State's Attorney, aiding in investigations and dealing with more of the legal side of crime fighting. After some evidence went missing from the Lab, Eric has been assigned to investigate everyone to figure out who did it. He has to wear a wire and is instructed to look into the CSIs' personal lives (tax records, bank statements, etc). He REALLY doesn't want to, but doesn't have much of a choice. The only people who know are Horatio and Natalia (she found out by accident). He's not allowed to tell anyone what he's doing, including Calleigh.

Whether or not Eric's secret keeping drives a wedge between him and Calleigh remains to be seen. I have faith that they'll get through it together and will maintain their relationship. But nobody knows anything for sure.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's silentdisco and I changed the name, so, on the mistake which one is Flack:confused: Is his name [Eric] the real name Rodriguez who left and came back sorry I'm so lame, but I will be watching so I'll catch up. and I love Natalia and Calleigh their both so beautiful and Eric what a fox:p I appreciate you tuning me in:bolian:and the bank scam, with the missing diamonds is as well is interesting~

12. electra

electra Pathologist

Nice to see you here Desetrwind.:) Silentdisco already gave you an excellent explanation so there is no need to add more.

I hate Eric investigating the lab and hiding it from Calleigh but I think everything will be OK at the end.My first episode of this season was "Into the wind" so I am usually optimistic becouse I did not have to endure the angst.CSI miami is still doing well in the 18-49 category and the writers should do everything to keep it that way.

13. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Welcome Desertwind! I tell you this couple is addicting!
    Anyway, I really enjoyed the episode last night and the first EC scene was kinda unexpected- are they living together now? I definitely think that was Eric's apartment.
    It's a shame that he has to hide things from Cal. I can't wait for this Monday's episode - there will surely be a lot of EC drama- emotions in overload. I am hoping we can get more than a smack from this two next week.
    Thanks delquesne for Emily's favorite CSIM episode list and sorry but I totally forgot to post the CTV promo for next week here. :lol:

14. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

I so hope you are right, this would be the best way to go about it. I cant watch them break up again! I love this couple so so much!!

15. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Well since Adam is back full-time and the romance is continuing, apparently Emily has some clout, subtle and quiet, though it may be. It's nice to see, in the major power broking world that Hollywood is, that soft, steady and undemanding gets to campaign and win every now and again. Was it Roosevelt that said "Walk softly but carry a big stick"? Hooray for Emily! She helped us get what we love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.