Season 10 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Pt 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

When CSI originally aired it was on Friday night, and I couldn't care less what night it's on, it doesn't matter at all to me. I will watch it whenever or whatever night it's on~

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Source: Variety via our own CSI Files. :)

3. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

yeah i saw that, hmm i wonder if it will be in doctor who, meat jekyll, or both

*sighs* and i wouldn't be surprised if they pull a cliffhanger with that one also, ugh these cliffhangers are really starting to get annoying :scream:

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Or next season. ;)

What could it be that is really interesting to us tho? I mean other than just a line about how she feels about things now. Seems like maybe something happened (again) to make her change her mind.

And I agree about cliffhangers. So tired of them.

5. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I know WP has said that his returning even for a bit would confuse fans BUT if he came back because his wife and/or Catherine was injured WELL that wouldn't be confusing. It would be an appropriate thing to do and wouldn't take anything away from anyone else....

6. Vikki Roxx

Vikki Roxx Dead on Arrival

I don't believe Grissom will come back. From what I read, WP will be back as a lab worker or police officer (don't remember) in another show or full-length movie soon.

7. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

But why would Grissom come back for Catherine? Him and Cath are good friends and to some extent besties but he didn't even tell Cath that him and Sara are married. I really doubt they would have him come back for Cath unless she ends up, god forbid, fatally injured or brain dead.

8. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

When did Cath say she didn't know they were married? Never did any of the characters say or act that they were surprised they tied the knot. In fact, when Greg first greeted her, he asked how it felt to be married - thus implying that they knew.

I think Grissom would come back if the injury were serious enough. Not like a broken arm, but injuries like Greg's after his beat down or Sara's after her trip through the desert.

9. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I guess I'll have to watch Family Affair over again. I wouldn't expect the characters to be suprised by the GSR marriage finally happening. I just don't think the team knew exactly when they got married or even knew that it happened.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They knew. Greg asked Sara upon first seeing her how married life was treating her (but then again Greg and Sara are fairly close friends, especially after Fannysmackin', so it makes sense that he would know). Cath apparently knew too (though I'm guessing Griss filled her in lol). In the locker room scene where Cath was upset over Riley's exit interview comments, Sara made some kind of baseball reference, which surprised Catherine (because she didn't think Sara was into baseball). Sara said something about how she's found that once you're married you end up trying to like or liking some things that your spouse is into and Cath was like "oh, okay, it's just weird to hear you use a baseball reference". So, it sounded to me like she knew of the marriage already. Whether or not anyone else knew, I'm not sure. But Cath and Greg were definitely aware of the marriage prior to Sara's return.

11. Desertwind

***NEWS ALERT*** this from the new TV Guide date May 17-23, [it just arrived]

CSI:WHO WILL BE BACK by William Keck~

During it's decade long run, CSI has had plenty of cliff-hangers that kept fans guessing. As it's 10th season comes to a close, the show also has enought off-camera suspense to keep viewers on the edge of their seats all summer long, as sevveral of the CBS series' stars might be on their way out. Things seemed to be all happiness and smiles when executive producer Carol Mendelsohn and star George Eads shared a table earlier this month at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' annual honors banquet, but eads revealed that could change very soon. "I haven't been offered a contract, so I don't know if I'm coming back", he tells TV GUIDE MAGAZINE "Unfortunately at contract time, the old adage applies: it's not show friends, it's show business" The actor adds that he's not alone, with co-stars Marg Helgenberger, [Catherine Willows], Eric Szmanda [Greg Sanders] and Paul Guilfoyle [Jim Brass], also awaiting contracts to return for an 11th season. If he doesn't sign on by June 30, Eads says he will be free to explore other opportuntities. This could be yet another major blow-following the departures of Willam Petersen, Jorja Fox [who since has retunred in a recurring role] and Gary Dourdan-to what was once TV' most popular scripted series. The show has seen it's viewership dip by 21% since Petersen left in January 2009. CBS executives were not available for comment about the remaining actors' futures, but Mendelsohn insists CSI could not function without Helegenberger. "Marg's deal is up, but the show can't continue without our Catherine Willows", she says. "Doing a show about Vegas, I like to bet my money, and I would bet that Marg will be back as Catherine in the fall "we love her" Helgenberger's reps said but the actress does not discuss reneogtiations. And Eads, who was briefly fired back in 2004, after failing to report for work in what was seen as a negotiations ploy, is quick to point out that "this isn't the type of thing where we're trying to manipulate a contract that exists. I don't know if they still want me. And I also have to decide if I want to come back, it's been 10 years-over 230 episodes of playing the same character-and I've still yet to do a feature film and see what other opportunities might be out there. In negotiations you have to be willing to walk away, and that's something I'm willing to do if I don't feel the contract is pleasing to me, and fair". His notion of fair means getting paid comparably to Helgenberger, who earns a reported $390,000 an episode, and Laurence Fishburne, who came on as Petersen's replacement in 2009 for a reported $350,000 per episode [Fishburne has already signed on for next season] "There can't really be a hierachy when it comes to salaries anymore maintains Eads, I feel I deserve to sit at the table with the adults, and we'll see what happens" It is possible that some or all of these actors may have investigated their final murder scenes? Co-star Robert David Hall [Doc Robins] figures their loss would be a real crime. "These tough economic times", he tells TV Guide Magazine "It's a different landscape than it was five years ago. I hope that [losing Eads and Helgenberger] doesn't come to pass. This is a pretty special cast and I would really love to do another year with them~

Hugh photo of Marg, Laurence, George Jojra and Eric~:bolian:

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If we lose anyone else along with Marg, then I'm done (I've come to terms with season 11 being her last - if there is a season 11). It wouldn't even be the same show anymore.

13. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I know that stars of big tv shows get paid big bucks but $390,000 per episode seems just a bit much. I can see why LF is getting paid so much because he's a movie star and has to be paid accordingly but this is just crazy. I've done the math and Marg gets 8.97mil for a whole season.:eek: Jeez.

I'm so glad I'm not a producer of CSI. What a pickle these guys/gals must be in. You can't lower anyone's salaries without some actors/actresses feeling like it's time to walk away but you can't give the actors/actresses more money because of the economy. There just isn't enough money to go around.

Thanks for the article though, Desertwind. I never knew that George was fired before because he, "after failing to report for work in what was seen as a negotiations ploy". As much as I would love for Jorja to come back next season I just don't think it's going to happen.:( With renegotiations up for George, Marg, Eric, and Paul...the producers have a full plate.

14. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

If George Eads goes I won't have to worry what day or hour it's aired. I won't be watching it anyways! :(

Have LF's and his people even confirmed that he has this new contract yet? Last I heard neither TPTB at CBS (& CSI) nor his people had confirmed it. Everyone was just quoting from the same story.

You know, there was a story at the beginning of the season (I remember reading it but I don't remember the title of it or who they were talking to) where someone of TPTB said that ultimately what they were wanting to do was have CSI as Ray Langston leading a whole new group of CSI's. :(

Susan

15. Desertwind

Your welcome AFIS I appreciate that. I literally ran from the mailbox into the house to post this:lol:and you'll really fall off you chair when you read this Billy Petersen was earning $600,000 per episode upon his exit, he was making $550,000 and he was complaining about leaving way back in S/5, so they, to appease him upped his salary and he stayed on till S/9:eek:But they paid LF $14 mill to be on for 18 months. Their all millionaires~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.