"Doctor Who" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 9, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

They need to focus on the team as a whole, in my opinion. And that includes coroners, lab rats, detectives, and CSIs. Obviously they can't all be in every episode or be on all the time, but a good balance is what is needed, not catering to one specific fan base or whichever character they somehow think is the "star".

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

While I do agree with them needing to focus on the team as a whole, I do think that some characters who did not get a focus episode this season should at least get one next season. But overall I am all for equal screen time for everyone overall.

This season we've seen a ton of a couple characters and sporadic viewing of others. I'd like to see next season evened out more.

Here is the promo for this weeks ep, via YouTube.

3. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I don't think that having more character driven episodes next season would be a good idea, Dizzney. As much as I missed Greg's humor this season how would he have an episode to himself next season? Greg's hobby with old Las Vegas can only go so far.

4. Dizzney

There are many ways Greg could have story to himself. Nothing says it would have to be about Vegas history. It could just be a case that hits him personally...something that has not been revealed about yet. And one episode out of 22 would not hurt. I mean Ray has had several this year.

5. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

I agree Dizzney! There is so much about Greg that we have yet to learn. I know I want to learn much more about him. He is, after all the whole reason I watch CSI. :)

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

The Ray Langston Show is getting pretty boring. I'm not sure if this is just CBS pandering to LF or what? I suspect when they signed a contract with him, they had to make some huge concessions and one of them was screen time and lots of it even if it meant ticking off the rank and file actors.:(

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Gosh, I feel so different, I love Dr. Langston he's a compelling, captivating mysterious character and has added great style class and elegance to the show. I couldn't be happier, with his performances, and can't wait to see everything that he's in. He's a 'master of all he surveys' and the team adores him too. This is going to be a electrifying, dynamite episode:bolian:

8. Vikki Roxx

Vikki Roxx Dead on Arrival

I get the feeling we will know a dark secret from Ray's past this episode. His attacks of rage which probably had cost somebody's life before... Just my idea ;)

9. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I don't think it's become the Ray Langston show as much as it was last season. I mean he has to have the majority of the plotlines. He's the lead after all. I'd love it if CSI spent more time building Langston's character a bit more than wasting an episode on Greg, a character that is already established in the CSI universe. LF is a capable actor and I'm glad that he's getting most of the focus. If he didn't fans would be complaining that they never learn anything about Langston.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Good point AFIS He's a splendid, overwelming actor, with a "quiet power" that's unique only to him, that's another point about him, that's intriguing. The show has 13 to 15 million fans on a weekly basis, and this site a small fraction of those said fans. TPTB, knows what's happening, they get mail, and if he weren't popular they would have had him killed off, or he would have left for parts unknown. He originally signed on for 18 months which is up after May 20. So apparently the man is a big hit. Maybe not here with all fans, but in the big picture yes. I want to see where he lives and what's at the bottom of his soft low-key, laid back deameanor and the fire inside that he's been supressing and containing. This looks like his fury will explode and we'll get to the bottm of what's eating at him hopefully~:confused:

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  11. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

Well, hello, everyone. Mostly a lurker with sporadic posts here and there, but just thought I drop in my own two cents as an avid CSI viewer.

Yes, LF is lead actor in CSI and I agree, the focus of TV shows is generally on their leads. I also admit that LF has his own presence on screen and is a great actor in his own right. However, with that being said, CSI's long running success is also built on not just the lead characters but the supporting cast as well, and that includes people who have been on the show for 10 years including Nick, Greg, & Brass and to a lot of us, they're more than just supporting.

I also feel that TPTB was left in a delicate situation of introducing LF as the new lead without offending the fans and forcing him on us (which may have happened somewhat, like for instance the 200th episode, but Season 10 had a better balance). As fans of a character, we are more than excited to get canon information on them so what more an entire episode that's centralised on them? It's every fan's dream and I strongly disagree with AFIS about "wasting an episode on Greg". I could easily say the same about wasting one on Ray, but I won't because I know fans of Ray are dying to know more about him, just that we hope it doesn't mean we don't get to enjoy more of our own favourite characters.

So yes, I understand where LF fans are coming from and I hope they understand that we Greg fans would like the same for Eric’s character. TPTB won’t be just “wasting an episode” on him, and in fact, it’ll be greatly treasured by many. As you’ve said, Desertwind, the show has 13 to 15 million fans, and I know there are more Greg fans than just us on Talk CSI.

Thank you.

*hops off soap box*

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Greg is not my favourite character, but he does have a strong fan base and knowing that, a show devoted to him would not be a waste. There's enough people who like him to make it worthwhile for the TPTB.

13. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Ehem ehem... Exactly.

Who are you doctor who who who who... :p The promo is very Rayish. Just hoping it won't be something like Mascara :shifty:

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well, since the plot of this one is Ray being suspected of being Dr. Jekyll,....yeah, it's probably very Rayish. ;)

But again...how original. I mean, we all thought he was Jekyll a long time ago! :lol: But we know he's not, at least now I don't think he is.

I'm just ready to get these episodes over with and have the summer to take a breather from all this! :lol:

15. Dizzney

I'm actually with you on that too. I am more looking forward to next week's episode just to see who will get injured and then the nice relief from another new episode of Ray for at least 3 months. :lol: