FlashForward

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Daquien, Sep 16, 2009.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

This last episode wasn't bad. It was cool to see the father go all commando once they took his daughter. This could get interesting...

And man, I wish they'd get over to that facility in Somalia already! :lol:

2. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Im really enjoying this at the moment. Im not into the Olivia and Lloyd thing, but the rest of it is very good. I dont want them to kill of Demetri, and Im surprised about Janis being the mole. Im hoping there is something else to it, because I like her!

3. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

This show is really improving and getting really intriguing, so bad it has so low ratings.
    I'm really liking Simon Campos, his character is very interesting, I'd also like Janis but I find Bryce storyline very boring.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Im really glad that Janis is a double agent, I like her.
    It is a shame about the ratings, beecause I find the show different and interesting.
    Daquien- I also dont think much of the Bryce story. And I liked him at the start, but its just gotten dull. So is the Olivia and Lloyd thing. I prefer the action stuff, and the agents tracking down leads.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

*sigh* y'all might want to see the Renewed/Canceled Thread. :(

6. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Suprised no. Disappointed yes.

It's taken time for the show to get to were it is and it took until the 3rd set of show runners for it to find the grove that they're in now. I've been watching the show from the beginning and the last several episodes have been really worth watching.

The one interesting fact about the show, is according to Robert J. Sawyer, the show will go down in history as the longest running science fiction show based on a novel. And Robert J. Sawyer should know the facts as it is his book the show is based on :)

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I really liked the show, but the last while I was starting to wish it was more focused on the agents. I totally lost interest in Afghanistan chick, and Lloyd and Emily didn't interest me at all. It's a shame though- lot of good actors in there, for the most part.

8. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

I am disappointed too. I enjoyed the show, especially Agent Noh. It was a good, well acted show.

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

That is a shame. I have been enjoying it. I hope they wrap it up properly, although they will have to do it pretty quick because there cant be many episodes left now.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  10. Jacquie

There are 2 episodes left and I have it from a very reliable source that things will be wrapped up. And no I don't know how things will be wrapped up I just know they will be.

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Thanks. Well at least thats something, I hate having loads of loose ends!

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: Ask Ausiello

Question: You ruined my weekend by announcing FlashForward‘s cancellation, so could you please make it up to me with some scoop on the final two episodes?
    Ausiello: According to Jack Davenport (Lloyd), the series goes out with a (mostly satisfying) bang. “The last [two] episodes are pretty fantastic,” he raves. “We were all blown away when we read them. Do I think the story could have gone further? Sure. No one intends to do [just] one season — especially not with a grand concept-y show like this. I don’t think it will be unsatisfying, but it will not answer all the questions. The [producers] had to be mindful that they may only get one season, so there are some satisfactory wraps-ups.”

13. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

What did anyone make of the finale? I was rather disappointed. I know they had a lot to tie up, but they rushed it and I dont like it when things dont have a proper ending. I take it that we are supposed to believe that Mark is alive still?
    The romance with Bryce and the Japanese girl likewise seemed totally unrealistic- I prefered it when him and that babysitter girl were getting closer. Its a shame that they had to end it like this, although I dont actually think they could have dragged another season out of it.

14. Jacquie

What I found rather annoying about the whole show was how much it differed from the book. In the book Lloyd was with Michiko, an engineer from Japan. Lloyd was also from Canada not England. Theo, who never existed in the show unless it was suppose to be Simon, was the one that was dead in the future. The whole book was set in Switzerland not the US. There was no FBI.

I know the TV big wigs like to make things 'big and eye catching' these days but it would have been nice to see the story lean more towards the book. I think my brother-in-law was somewhat disappointed in the outcome. He won about half the battles he had to fight to keep the story somewhat intact with the book.

The one good thing about FlashForward is until the next sci-fi show based on a book comes up it will be the longest running show based on a book.

Now on that note maybe we'll get lucky one day and they will make a made for TV movie based on the show to tie up all the loose ends.

15. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

Flash Forward

Short description:
    A TV series, which kick off with a massive black-out all over the world. Many have seen their future for a split second, while others doesn't see anything at all. The FBI are doing everything they can to find the answer behind this mystery. Any help from other Agencies all over the world are welcome to help. The question is: will that be enough to find out what actually happened during the global black-out? Will they be able to find out the truth behind this? What will be the consequence if something's altered from the future they see?

Thread:
    Anyone else's following this show? Did you enjoy it? I definately am! I'm looking forward to climax of these series.