Gary #7; Baby, You can be my Breakfast

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MarineGirl#1, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

agreed - what i thought was odd was that he has just as much presence in the film as the book even though the character is 'bigger' (in terms of dialogue etc) in the book. they cut him down quite a bit but he's still pretty central to the whole thing and like you said, he's a presence even off screen.

yeah, it's great, although i actually think it's the bit immediately after that's better - when knott comes to retrieve him and he's really upset and doesn't believe knott could possibly convince anyone he's unwell enough to get leave, i love that bit, it's so sad and he does a brilliant job with it.

completely agree. i want to see some toast in csi ;) me and jade nolan do seem to have developed a new hobby/drinking game (well, it is the latter for me anyway!) of spotting moments when mac channels austin - ie when gary's acting style/voice/whatever is just so like austin it's uncanny, even though he's playing mac. i really like seeing little bits of his other roles come through. i just wish a bit more of austin could come through, because austin = <3 <3 <3 <3

damn! spoilsports ;)

completely agree! i can't remember if it was him that said it or someone said it about him but there was a quote about how he always plays heroes with flaws and villains who are never entirely nasty. i wish i could find the quote, i can hear it in my head but i can't find it (or, for jade nolan's benefit, get it out on paper!!)

2. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

Uggh. It is so frustrating to have to wait until Gary Sinise sees your tweet and replies or retweets it. :eek: I've tweeted at him many times but so far, none. Grr. :scream::scream:

Just thought I'd share to you fellow Gary Lovers. ;):lol::)

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i was thinking that too but someone told me that you can only see people's tweets @ you, if you are following them, so unless he's following you the only way he'll see your tweet is if he searches on his own name.... but i might be wrong...

4. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

Yeah, that's what I thought. :lol: But if you go to the right side of your "home" there's like a @yourusername and if you click it, you can see everyone who tweeted @ you. Guess he's just busy or something. :shifty:

5. lovingtaylor

lovingtaylor Victim

As far as Twitter goes, he will be able to see whatever you send to him with @gary. It's the direct messaging that only works if you follow each other. He's probably getting thousands of Tweets a day and is just picking a select few for replies, otherwise its all he'd do.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ well that was what i thought until my mate told me otherwise. i really should stop listening to her....

7. lovingtaylor

lovingtaylor Victim

Just so you know, AJ Buckley, Carmine and Hill Harper from CSI:NY are all on Twitter as well. Plus there's a show account that sends out updates.

Someone needs to show Gary how to post Twitpics, then we'll be away to the races!

8. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

Oh, thanks! Imma go search them now. :lol:

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

And, Gary fans, did you know he directed an episode of China Beach?
    Starring one Marg Helegenberger. aka: Catherine Willows from CSI Vegas??
    I had no idea. :eek:

Marg was on the Rachael Ray show yesterday talking about seeing stars from other CSI shows. She mentioned running into Gary at a function in Hollywood a few years ago.

I'll get the link so I don't mess up exactly what she said, but it was nice. :D

From our csifiles. :)

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  10. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

that is so cool there. thank you for posting it.

11. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Hello! :)

Gosh it seems it's been forever since I've posted in here! :alienblush: But thank god it's weekend and I thought that "today I'm gonna go lurking in here!" :lol:

Well I'm havin' a bit of a flu right now. *cough* *sniff* *cough*
    [​IMG]

Yeah I heard and check Gary in Twitter myself. I think it's aweseme! Know I know I didn't get Twitter for nothing hahah! :lol: It's great to hear news straight from him for a change. ;)

Okay I thought I'd need some medicine [​IMG] so I'll feel better next week. And what would be better than pics from our fav man! :D

I know there's are posted many times before but...:rolleyes: I know this is lame excuse but "I couldn't help myself!" :guffaw:

[​IMG]
    Now this helps me to remember 'hot summer' :drool::drool::drool::drool: You know I'm a country girl and we have a farm...I wouldn't mind to get him as a farm-hand! :lol::devil::devil::devil:

[​IMG]

So tempting...I'm sure if I would lay there next to him I'd be okay in a blink of a eye! :lol:

[​IMG]

Arms...arms...Do I need to say how sexy they're!? :drool::drool::drool:

[​IMG]

This one then it's just PERFECT! :adore::adore::adore:

12. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Definitely. I haven't read the book, but just watching the film, Gary makes Mother 'bigger' than he is in terms of actual screentime.

yeah, it's great, although i actually think it's the bit immediately after that's better - when knott comes to retrieve him and he's really upset and doesn't believe knott could possibly convince anyone he's unwell enough to get leave, i love that bit, it's so sad and he does a brilliant job with it.[/quote]
    Oh yeah, I love that scene too. Heh, I love every scene he's in.

I know. Maybe after a very stressful encounter with Sinclair or some other boss-type person...:devil:

Oh, that's a lovely quote. I think on NY they've done a pretty good job of letting Mac be flawed, but I wish they'd do it a bit more, especially as that would give Gary the opportunity to show his range.

13. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Wow, Sam bac! Iam happy I see you. I wish good health! Gary can help! :guffaw:

14. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I read that you've been talking about Midnight Clear. Well I haven't seen the film but what I've read and seen pictures I believe I would love it. Not that I love history and especially second WW period. I've watched that many films where Gary is that I know exactly how different emotions he's capable play even in a same film. And the emotions are "strong" wheter it's anger, sadness, love etc. I remember when I saw Impostor first time when there was interrogation part and he 'acted that he's the bomb' it was quite creepy to be honest...:lol: I hadn't seen that many films of his in that point so it was quite surprise for me! But I love that part.

Indeed he doesn't need words to show emotions...Just look his expressions, eyes especially and you'll see it. I've always found is amazing. There's not that many actors who speak with their eyes and I'm pround to say that Gary is one of them. :)

It's a shame but yeah I don't think we'll see it! :lol: Mac is so controlled/ not showing his motions person that wouldn't never happen! Somehow that comment made me remember one of Gary's comments about Mac. It was something like this:'
    "We'll wait season 8 and something big happens. I'll throw the gloves away and start dancing!"

Hilarious comment! I'd love to see that happening! But somehow I can imagine Gary going something so spontaneous but Mac...not quite! :guffaw:

I'd love to see it too! I'm sure Gary would act it awesomely...though when he doesn't?!? :lol:

15. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Gary Signing pictures on a pizza box.

[​IMG]

Gary + Lt. Dan Band, Steppenwolfgala 5.8.2010

[​IMG]

Gary + Lt. Dan Band Chicago (benifit USVAP) 5.7.2010

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.