Episode 8x21 - 'Meltdown' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Oh! I LOVED this episode!!! Can't believe they've got TWO in a row RIGHT. It shocked me, to be honest!!! I wasn't expecting this one to be as interesting, but it was. I think the entire story of the stolen diamonds (that somebody stole... LOL!) will be GOOD. I've read the spoilers, and I know EVERYTHING about that... but it will be SO good to watch.

Suburb acting by everyone tonight!!!

-Eric and Calleigh's banter= Awesome. Loved it. He was so cute when he was jealous. They are NOT overplaying this E/C thing right now, which makes me enjoy it.

-I never was a fan of Jake (sorry- probably because he was on when Ryan was fired... haha), but he was good in the episode. Tastefully played and it was nice to see what he's been up to anyhow! He was nice to look at, I must say. ;)

-Ryan. Oh! Don't get me started on RYAN! He looked YUMMY and it just gets BETTER and BETTER every week. Gooooooodnessssss!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: No character assassination either, which was NICE. Loved, loved, LOVED "Somebody stole the stolen diamonds." God. That man. I swear!!! *SIGH*

-GO WALTER FOR BACK-TALKING STETLER! Nicely done, bud.

-Jesse.. Not to much screen time for him tonight. I have to say though, I really do enjoy him. I hope he stays on the show. I think he's awful hot too--- ;)

-End scene--- It was so good to see Natalia throughout the episode, but she really irked me at the end. I like her, but come ON- she.. better than just about ANYONE on the team, should know where Eric is coming from. It's a bit out of character for her to be so upset with him, yeah? She invited Ryan and Walter out, then backed out of the plans. Makes no sense. I am glad they are keeping up with her hearing issues though ,which also, I'm looking forward to a follow through-

-Looking forward to the last three episodes. Going to be REALLY good and if the writing stays consistent, they will be back on par with the older seasons. They are on the way there now... and it's AWESOME. Love TEAMWORK. I hope ratings go back up, up, up!!!

ALL IN ALL- I give it an A! Awesome stuff. KEEP IT UP TPTB!!!

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  2. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

I agree, this was by far the best of the season. I have to admit that the 2 weeks of waiting was well worth it.

Concerning Natalia's reaction to the end, I considered it more of a "that's great your trying to find out what's going on, but I don't want to be a part of it" kinda deal. She had already gone through this kind of ordeal in season 4, so I could understand her hesitation joining the gang and nu-"mole" knowing what she knows. More than likely, she just felt uncomfortable in a situation like that.

I like your idea, redanemone about her hearing aide and not wanting to sit through the constant screeching in her ear. I can just see her hanging out with them, getting all squeemish from it.

Ryan: Natalia, what's wrong?
    Natalia: Nothing it's just my hearing aide again.
    Ryan: Wait, didn't that happen with the frequency jammer?
    (everybody ducks under the table but Nat and Eric)

heehee, I have an interesting imagination, =)

3. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I enjoyed this episode. Ryan looked incredibly hot in blue, and they had some nice full body shots! Again, although everyone got screen time, each scene seems a little rushed in order to make room for the gigantic cast. There are still two too many cast members for my liking. Sorry, but Jake did not look good to me; he has aged and looked a little thin. What was up with Jesse in the last scene in the van where they found the motorcycles? His tie was gone, his shirt tale was hanging, and he looked like he had been beaten up (his face was red), but there was absolutely no explanation. That is driving me crazy!

4. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Haha, I was just wondering the very same thing. His shirt was a complete mess! Dirt all over the collar and such. I'm assuming a scene they cut?

5. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I loved this episode! Of course, for me, the high point was the absolutely adorable Calleigh/Eric scene at the end of "Meltdown." :luvlove: Nice to see my favorite couple teasing and flirting with each other. :adore:

Other "pluses" in the episode:
    - Lots more Natalia and Ryan. I like how Nat's hearing aid was used as the means to discover both the wireless camera-jamming device used in the jewelry heist, and the fact that Eric was wearing a wire.
    - The "Horatio scenes," esp. the one of him on the bridge. It was entertaining to see H. lose his legendary cool for just a split-second, and to let his surprise and puzzlement get through for a moment.
    - The scene between Eric and Jake. The strong dramatic tension between these 2 guys was great to watch.
    - Some hilarious dialogue from Frank.:guffaw:
    - The jewelry heist storyline itself. I kind of enjoyed the little twists in the storyline, and seeing how the evidence was gradually uncovered.

A couple of "minuses":
    - Not sure how I feel about Walter yelling at folks, like the evidence locker clerk. Walter seems to lose his temper and snap at people quite often. Sometimes it's cool -- like when he talked back to Stetler -- but other times, not so much.:rolleyes:
    - Again, Jesse failed to make much of an impression at all. He wasn't in that many scenes, but in the few scenes he was in, he kind of fell flat, IMO.:shifty:

As for Natalia's reaction to Eric wearing a wire, and her change of heart in that final locker-room scene ... she could just be leery of the whole "mole" thing b/c she doesn't have fond memories of her days as an FBI informant on the CSI lab. She cares for Eric as a friend and doesn't want him to get caught in the minefield that she stepped in in the past.

Like others have suggested, perhaps Natalia begged-off drinks with the group because she was concerned that Eric's wire would irritate her hearing aid the entire time. Or maybe she was afraid that, after a few drinks, she might let something slip re Eric's undercover investigation. Naturally, she feels a bit awkward knowing that Eric is secretly investigating the team, and that only she and Horatio are aware of it.

All in all, one of the better episodes this season, for sure.:thumbsup:

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

For the most part I loved this episode.

Calleigh, Eric, and Jake. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I have to say JW did look a little on the thin side and very scruffy.

Loved how Walter yelled at Stetler. Its about time someone other than H, maned up against him.

Ryan of course looking good. Loved his line "Somebody stole the stolen diamonds".

Natalia-I think her reaction to Eric's listening device goes back to when Eric found out she was the mole and how he reacted to her at that time. JMO.

7. clumsy

clumsy Victim

This episode is one of the best for the whole season.I really like seeing that the CSIs are back to the harmonious collective they used to be, but I gotta admit, the one thing that irritates me is how Natalia reacted to Eric's undercover investigation, but I guess, that's what bothers us all. I kinda enjoyed seeing Jesse a bit less (not that I hate the guy-he is pretty hot and all,but he appeared on scenes too often! ) .. Overall, it was a great episode and I'm looking forward to the sequel :)

8. Vikki Roxx

Vikki Roxx Dead on Arrival

I'm still getting this feeling that Walter doesn't fit the team... You know, maybe I'm biased because of Omar Miller's previous roles and I subconsciously categorized him as a teen comedy actor. This talking back at Stetler in "Meltdown" sounded more funny than realistic to me. Well, it's just my impression.

As for the ending, I would support the theory of hearing aid problems, as Eric would probably be wired during the night out.

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

It was a good episode for the team. And I enjoyed seeing Jake again. I really didn't see Jake as interfering at all with E/C. He didn't seem the least bit interested in starting up with Calleigh again. In fact, he seemed to be amused by Eric's chest-beating about what Calleigh "told" him with regard to Jake showing her about how to make the ammunition important to the case.

Loved, loved, loved Natalia! Man I miss her when she is gone. I was impressed that they used Natalia's hearing aid as the method of discovering that Eric was wired. Smart. I can see why Natalia would be upset and would warn him, but I was puzzled about why she is worried about his safety. {shrug} Maybe that just because I'm less than thrilled with Eric's return and I would be happy if something happened and he ended up gone. Since we know he'll be around for season 9, we know whatever he does is going to be forgiven by all. As it was eventually for Natalia.

Horatio's reaction to losing the guys on the motorcycles was too funny! I love that we are seeing more and more of the Horatio from the beginning. In charge, involved and protecting his team. I missed him.

Ryan looks great(!!) and was great to see. I always love any chance we get to see him. Still less than thrilled about what they may be doing with his character in the next couple of episodes, but hopefully he'll come out well and they'll pick on someone else next season.

And we got a good amount of Frank! Always love me some Frank!

Both Jesse and Walter were perfect this episode. They were included as part of the team, but not overkill. That is how it should be.

It was nice to see Rick, but I was disappointed with how little he was involved. And to be honest, as I indicated in the Rick thread, a little confused. Where exactly is Rick assigned at this point? Is he still IAB, or was he transferred to SOC (Security Operations Command) as was indicated in "Hostile Takeover?"

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I can completely understand Natalia's reaction in the ending scene. Originally, Natalia had asked Eric "do you think it's one of us" -- Eric replied he was only protecting them/team. I'm sure that's true, however, I think Natalia saw that his offer to buy drinks wasn't genuine & she felt he was only doing it for the investigation. Natalia knows Eric's trust issues (not only with her, but his with Ryan as well) , & it's always bothered her -- IMO, that's why she became disappointed in him at the end -- not because SHE didn't trust him, but because she thinks Eric doesn't trust them.

For the whole episode:
    I loved it! Case was interesting enough for me, though it didn't hold the hour for me, the characters did. It was odd to find out that the bike-riding thiefs were women....not expecting that one.

Jake. Love him. And I actually feel bad for the guy. Everyone tends to rip him apart, but, ya know, I just feel for him in his position as an undercover cop. I loved his comment to Eric at the end of thier little interrogation scene -- it is very true, Eric doesn't know what it's like until he's walked in Jake's shoes.

Calleigh telling Eric she took Jake to the hospital: I'm gonna have to call BullShit on that one! Jake wasn't hurt, not even scratched....why would he need to be checked out? He didn't, there wasn't a hair touched on his body from the earlier incident. We're they really at the hospital? Maybe, but I honestly am not buying it considering he had no reason to see a doctor. Overall, I felt Calleigh seemed a bit too eager in making sure that Eric knew Jake (& herself as well) had an alibi. I don't think this is the last we've seen of Det. Berkley.

Going back to the ending scene -- it was fantastic until the tension rised. Loved how Natalia pronounced 'beverage' :lol: I'm totally stealing that one.

Ryan and his comments about Beef Jerky - too funny, him & Walter plus Natalia are a blast. I'd loved to have seen the 3 of them out having drinks.
    And while I'm on the fence about Eric, I did enjoy the interaction between him & Ryan at the end, & Eric and Natalia in their first scene -- "I've always been on OUR team", the smiles & banter were welcoming -- it's nice to see TPTB allowing Eric to play off the others for a change.

Overall, great episode, very enjoyable. One of the best of the seasons.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh that's who it was! I kept thinking it was the principal from ICarly. Or is that the same person? :lol: I knew he looked familiar anyway. Though I've only watched the opening scene so far. Gonna go watch the rest in a bit and I'll be back for a full review shortly. :)

12. das576

das576 Hit and Run

I haven't watched the episode yet, it's on my dvr so I will tonight but I'm not too sure how I feel about these upcoming eps. I am a big E/C fan but also love the team dynamic, I just have a bad feeling in my gut that maybe Calleigh is involved in the big "betrayal" they've been talking about and maybe she won't be back next season? After that article in TV Guide.....and all the talk by the writers/producers about how it's going to be huge and explosive and emotional like nothing we've ever seen. It's got me really nervous!!

13. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, my thoughts on the ep:

Christian Campbell. :) Hard to believe he's older than Neve. He's always looked younger than his sister to me. :lol:

Love H's "where did they go?" look.

Now that I know that's Tuvoc, that's all I can think of in his scenes. "What's Tuvoc doing in Miami?" :lol:

Nat in white again.

Tom looked sad about the dead guy.

Frank said "doohickey". :lol:

Kathleen Robertson from 90210 (the original) is the gf of the vic.

Who did Cal tell to stay there when she and Frank went to investigate the shots?

What's with the tatt on Jake's arm? has it always been there or is it new?

Jake needs to shave, but its nice to see him again.

Walter yelled at the poor clerk... and kind of raised his voice to Ryan. :lol: at Ryan saying "someone stole the stolen diamonds". :lol:

Walter saying "yeah, I got eyes, pal" to Stetler. :lol:

Seems to be a nice balance of screen time this ep even with the addition of Jake and Rick.

the inmate made me laugh.

I like that Eric/Nat scene where she finds out he's wearing a wire. It's neat that they used her hearing aid to expose that. Liked her being worried about him.

"Now I'm the pink panther?" :lol: I like that Jake called Eric on his jealousy. I like the scene between the two of them, they have a nice dynamic.

Why is Jesse doing Dave's job?

The second girl crook was cocky and annoying. :lol:

Cal was amused by Eric's jealousy. :lol:

Nat's laugh at the end when she heard Ryan and Walter joking around.

Ryan's gonna take a bath. Heh.

Love love love Ryan teasing Eric about being the new guy and Eric kind of halfway almost hugging him. Total cuteness.

I think Natalia was worried about how the wire would interact with her hearing aid and she was afraid that it would give something away if she was constantly grabbing her ear. They all know that her hearing aid is what alerted her to the signal jammer.

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Too bad that's always what they say for every season finale...I wouldn't trust these spoilers :lol:

Ok I just finished watching the episode and I have only a couple of thoughts on it.

First of all, I really love how they used Natalia's hearing loss stuff....at least that device is useful for some purpose :lol:. No ok seriously that was a smart move and I really liked the fact she was the one to discover Delko wasn't trusting the team. But I also believe she doesn't trust him either...otherwise, why didnt' she go with them?

Jake. Oh boy I love him, but he looked like a homeless person LOL. Couldn't they just cut his hair? Not such a bad idea I guess :shifty:

Eric, for god's sake, I would have loved to see Jake fnally punch his face!!!! Whenever I see the two of them together I always wish Jake would punch him right on his nose!!! He's sooooo irritating :scream: . Though I loved Jake's response.

Last but not least, what the hell happened to Jesse in the meantime?

And, finally, Ryan and Walter muahahahah I just love them :guffaw::guffaw:

15. GregNickRyanFan

I really really love Jake, but in this ep he looked like he was about to go audition to play Shaggy in a new Scooby Doo movie or something. He needed a shave and a haircut. I think the point they were trying to make though was that he is really tired of being in undercover work and wants out and to be a regular detective.