Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I also loved the episode! Still am amazed by how Eric had everything planned out from season 1! I honestly hope that Bobby doesn't do anything :( I loved when he said, "Natural Born Idgit" :lol:

2. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Yep another epi I like. Ok total Crowley fangirl here :p, hope Bobby doesn't loose in the end, but otherwise Crowley can do pretty much everything and I'll still like him (Marc Sheppard is awesome in these roles imho).

Missed Cas, but was nice too see Bobby and team Dean/Crowley..."that's what you get working with a demon" :lol:

Sam sorry all your anger is just rubbing me the wrong way again ^^ ...

On the whole Gabe thing, I would be happy to see him back, but I don't think his death was just a trick 'cause you saw his wings after Lucy killed him.

I thought you could see Uriel's wings too after his death (like with every other angel) ?? But maybe I'm wrong...

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Another fan with a case of "Sam hate"?. I feel like the only fan at times who doesn't solely blame him for the start of the Apocalypse (Dean broke the first damn seal! and yet everyone sits and points the finger at Sam and puts all the blame on him,) and we've all sat back idly and watched Dean be just as angry and bitchy as Sam this season and Sam gets the short end of the stick when it comes to fan hate and nitpicking.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ I personally don't soley blame Sam for starting the apocalypse, despite that I dislike the character lately. There's plenty blame to go around for everyone, really. If John and Mary hadn't done the deed, there would have been no Sam and Dean. If Cupid hadn't gotten John and Mary together, again, no Sam and Dean, thus no Apocalypse. So technically, it's the angels' fault. :lol:

Also, Castiel let Sam out of the panic room, then he opened the panic room door again for Dean (before being drop-kicked to Oz) so it's also his fault for perpetuating it. But like he said in a nutshell, all roads lead to the same outcome so it probably wouldn't have mattered who did what, the Apocalypse probably would have started anyway. The archangels apprently wanted it too badly to leave it to chance.

At this point, I just want them finish the storyline already and stop pussy-footing around. Seems like based on the last two episodes, they're getting back to business with the rings, which is nice to see. :)

As for my overall thoughts on the episode last night...

It was interesting to see the writers bring some continuity back into the picture (this show is great for it *glares at CSI Franchise*) with Brady being revealed as the one who set up Sam and Jess. The fact that we didn't actually see this fellow in the pilot suggests to me that Kripke and co. probably didn't plan this from the get-go and brought it up as shock factor and development for Sam later on, but it's still interesting. I don't expect them to have everything mapped out this far anyhow. If it really is all part of some great Supernatural plan, that's fine too. :lol: But I have my doubts. :p

As for Crowley...I absolutely adore him and I hope, if they bring him back again, they don't just do it to kill him off, like some of the other familiar faces this season (Jo, Ellen, Adam, Gabe etc.). Along with Castiel, Crowley has to be one of my favourite cosmic/demonic characters.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I love both the boys (as well as Cas). And I don't blame Sam for the apocalypse at all. I blame the demons. Azazel started it by basically forcing Mary to make that deal and by putting the blood in Sam. Azazel and his followers pushed all those kids to that town and scared them into killing each other and Jake (I think that was his name) killed Sam. It was all a setup. The demons knew that Dean would go to the crossroad demon to bring Sam back. They needed Dean down there to break the seal, because John didn't break it. To John the torture he endured in Hell probably wasn't as bad as the pain of losing the love of his life. Anyway, the demons kept on until Dean finally broke (he's admittedly never been in love, so he doesn't know the pain of losing the love of his life the way John did and even Sam with Jess). Then Ruby came in and schemed Sam into thinking she was on his side and then got him addicted to demon blood and lied to him telling him that killing Lilith would avert the apolcalypse when it would bring forth Lucifer... So, I blame her too. :lol: And some of the angels are to blame like Uriel (the traitor lol), Zach, Mike, etc.

I think the boys both have plenty of reasons to be angry and I don't usually blame them too much. Although I did wanna whack Dean with a spoon when he said what he said to Bobby in "Point Of No Return". :lol:

As for last night's episode, I haven't watched it yet. I wasn't feeling very well last night and I wanted to be able to have full focus on the episode. :lol: I'll probably watch tonight if I feel better or this weekend sometime.

But there was no Cas? What the heck is going on with imdb that they keep having him listed for an ep he's not in? This is the third time! first the zombie ep, then last week and now this week. :sigh: I don't mind it if he's not in an ep or anything, but I hate it that that site says he is when he isn't. Gets my hopes up... and my fears. :lol:

And as for Gabe's "death", he was a trickster too and could very well make the illusion of an angel's death complete with the wings. They showed up Zach dying that way first (I don't remember any other angel's wings being showing upon their death) then just an episode later, they show Gabe dying that way. I think it's a trick to make us think Gabe's dead. Richard did an interview on the "death" of his character. How come he's the only recurring character who has died on this show that has done an interview about their death? Did we see an interview with Samantha Ferris and Alona Tal on their characters' deaths? I don't think we did. Did we see one with JDM about John's death? Not that I recall. Yet there is one with Richard about Gabe's death. I still want to believe it's all smokescreen to make us think that so we'll be really surprised when he pops up again. :lol:

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

They showed a female angel's burned wings on the pavement during the teaser of 'On The Head of a Pin' and later, they showed Uriel's on the floor near the end of the same episode when Anna nailed him with the angel sword. :D

This is probably irrelevant but they also seem to show a little glimpse of CG wings (or at least their shadow) at times when the angels get zapped into oblivion, too. It took me a few times of watching 'Heaven and Hell' (I think it was) to catch it after my sister pointed it out. :lol:

I kind of hope Gabe was pulling two fast ones over Lucifer and didn't really die either, but the video at the end sort of solidified that he wasn't coming back ("If you're seeing this, I'm dead", "This is what you do now" etc.)...of course, maybe he went back into hiding but he seemed to have a real revelation and genuinely wanted to stop hiding and face his family. That doesn't negate the fact that I want him back though. :lol:

7. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

woah slow down plz ;)

I don't hate Sam and me being annoyed with him has nothing to do with this season or Apocalypse at all.

Some of his behavior just pushes my button (and it has been like that since the beginning) like every other human too once in a while.
    There is always something you don't like in a chara/person, some quirks are just not your thing (and other people will always see sth that bugs them in you ^^) .
    Just like friends or family, you love them and you hate them *g*

Nothing more behind my statement ...:p ;)

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, you don't see a lot of "haters" in this thread. Everyone has their fave but aside from some of the female characters (hah!), everyone seems OK about the characters for the most part. Sure some of them annoy us from time to time (Dean's my fave and I wanted to smack him for what he said to Bobby!) but overall this is a pretty good thread- we don't have much in the way of hatin'! :)

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

May 02 is Sam Winchester's Birthday! :lol:

Thought you guys would like to see a clip from this weeks episodes, well the few of you who don't mind spoilers :) Click Here!! There's a video on the page all I can say is :lol: and then :wtf: :lol:

Question: Last week’s episode of Supernatural was the best one I’ve seen! Are we ever going to find out what happened to Adam? —Laura N
    Ausiello:
    He’s back in the finale, and word is *** ****** put him to good use.

"Dean is about to embark on very dangerous and expensive deal with Death. And no, we're not talking financially."

Supernatural Season 6 jumping time?

The entire season has been leading up to this showdown between good and evil. With the Apocalypse looming, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) realize they are out of options and make heart-breaking decisions that will change their lives forever. A beloved character is killed. Steve Boyum directed the episode with teleplay by Eric Kripke and story by Eric Gewitz (#522) Bobby :( I don't believe a word that Crowley's saying to be honest ...

Pictues :eek:

Dum
    Dum
    Dummmmmmm :eek: I hope that's what it looks like!

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  10. GregNickRyanFan

Happy B-day, Sammy! :D When is Dean's bday? Why doesn't this show ever celebrate bdays? The only bday celebrated on this show was Ben's. :lol:

ROTFLMAO!
    I love Sam's scolding tone "Bobby, tell us what?" :lol: He sounds all parental. Too funny. And Dean turning his head to the side to look at the pic. Crowley actually taking a picture of it. :guffaw: Cas shaking his head like "oh brother, here we go again". :lol: The eye scrunching of Bobby in the picture is hilarious. He's like "this is seriously gross. The things I do for my boys." :lol:

I don't believe that Ausiello's blind item is referring to Supernatural. I don't think it can be considered a "tired show that needs a shot in the arm". I think this has been a pretty good season and I for one really don't want to go back to the way it was in the first couple of seasons (unless Cas can be there lol). My first thought when I read about the blind item thing was "Smallville". There has been a lot of complaints from fans about how that show is getting pretty tired. But more than likely its one of those soapy dramas like "Brothers & Sisters" which seems to be confirmed by tv guide.

I hate those coded things LOL. The only thing I can think of it being is "the angels". But everyone saw that coming anyway, so why are they coding it?

I have a question... when John told Dean that he may have to kill his brother, did he say "brother" or did he specifically say "Sam"? Cause if he said "brother", that leaves it open for the possibility that if Michael uses Adam as his vessel (that is if Adam didn't disappear into thin air never to be seen again lol), Dean may have to kill Adam to kill Michael. Right?

In that last pic, it looks like Sam is on the ground bloody behind Dean. But yeah, I hope that pic means Dean has angel powers. That would be awesome. It's time for Dean to get some powers. :) As for the "beloved character" being killed, well they like to bring back recurring characters just to kill them off and Chuck is in the finale. He hasn't been seen since what "the real ghostbusters"? So, my guess is he'll be a casulty.

Okay, I finally watched "99 Problems" and "Point Of No Return" all the way through. Here are my thoughts.

99 Problems:

Exorcism through megaphone = awesome. Love that they put Michael Shanks on here!

Cas' voicemail. :lol: "I don't understand. Why do you want me to say my name?" :guffaw: Oh, Cas, I love you so!

The scene with the group fighting all of those demons was awesome. As Sam said, "this is what it's like to have backup". It actually reminded me of that scene in "John Carpenter's Vampires" where that team of "slayers" go into the vampire nest and fight them all.

Cas drank a liquor store. "Don't ask stupid questions." :lol:

Dean: Where the Hell have you been?
    Cas: On a bender. :lol:

"You breed with the mouth of a goat." :lol: "Its funnier in Enochian." :lol:

===

Point Of No Return:

You could kind of see Cas' disappointment and anger building as he watched the exchange between Dean and Bobby.

Cas fighting off those angels who were trying to raise Adam was awesome.

When Sam said "that's our brother", Cas looked suprised. I wonder if he even knew they had a brother.

"I guess the monster who ate me didn't get that memo." :lol: The line about wally-world sounded like something Dean would say. :lol:

"Don't piss off the nerd angels." :lol:

By the way, I loved the Clark Kent thing when Cas left to get Adam (and when he returned) with the papers flying everywhere. :lol:

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

The episode tonight was really good! Can't wait for next week :eek: Sammy.......

Anyhoo, I thought I'd share an interview I found on Google, :lol: quite intertaining :lol:

Here

Collins: I can't watch horror movies. I get scared. I went out with a bunch of guys from college to watch the movie Se7en, and I literally had to crawl between the rows of seats and cover my ears because it was just terrifying for me. When I was catching up on Supernatural to find out what happened before my character was introduced - because I hadn't watched it previously - I would sit down in the evening and watch three or four episodes, and then have nightmares. And even now that I'm on it and have read the scripts, when I watch it, it still scares me.

:lol:

Ackles: That's because he's a wimp.

Jensen, why do you like your character, Dean? It seems he's always grumpy.

Ackles: Because I get to be grumpy all day long. I've always been attracted to those kinds of characters: The reluctant hero; the hero that isn't perfect. Not the Supermans and the Captain Americas, but the Indiana Joneses, the Hans Solos, and the ones that have a little comedy when saving the girl, not always doing it in the classiest way. He's not a James Bond guy. He's going to get nicked up and bruised and shot and cut, and he's going to have a hell of a time doing it. I think that allows for a comedic aspect of what is a more dramatic character. And as an actor, I like to have comedy and drama in the same character, and Dean has lent himself to just that.

I hope this is alright to post here :)

http://www.usmagazine.com/momsbabies/news/jeffrey-dean-morgan-hilarie-burton-welcome-baby-201065

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  12. GregNickRyanFan

Se7en, really? The only scary part of that movie for me was when they showed the gluttony victim naked on the slab with full frontal nudity... :shivers: :lol: I found that movie incredibly boring if I'm being honest. :lol:

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:lol: Yeah I didn't think that movie was scary ... maybe it's just Misha and his sense of humor again.

14. GregNickRyanFan

I finally am caught up on Supernatural. Here are my thoughts on the episodes:

Hammer Of The Gods:

LOL at Dean taking that thing off the top of the cake and popping it into his mouth.

"It's freaking Noah's Ark out there and we're eating pie."

"What are you twelve?"
    "I'm young at heart." :lol:

"What's a four star hotel doing on a no star road?"

Norman Bates LOL.

Dean's look when he saw the elephant. :lol:

Dean: Motel Hell.... Me: Welcome to the Hell-tel California. :D

"Something tells me this isn't a shriner convention."

Baldur or whatever is kinda hot. :lol:

Odin's funny. Kali doing the Darth Vader on Mercury. Too bad she didn't kill him. Luci may never have showed up if he had died. LOL.

Gabriel!! "muttonheads" :lol: Gabriel's Loki? Heh.

Kali: Why are you here?
    Gabe: To talk about the elephant in the room.
    (Ganesh stands up)
    Gabe: Not you! :lol:

Dean: Bite me, Gabriel.
    Gabe: Maybe later, big boy. :D

"I'm the Costner to your Houston." ROTFLMAO!

Uber-boned? LOL.

"Michael and Lucifer are gonna dance the lambada." :lol:

He's in witness protection. heh.

"I'll cut off your hands."
    "Then people are going to be asking 'why are you running around with no hands?'." :lol:

"Let's go check out Pandora." Avatar reference?

"So I've got wings... like Kotex." :lol:

"Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up." Yay, Dean! Army of Darkness (Ash) line FTW!!!! :D That made me very happy. :D

LOL at Gabriel whispering to Dean "psst" while in the car. LOL. He made the fake sword out of a can of diet orange slice. :lol:

"Luci, I'm home." :lol:

I thought Lucifer was younger than Mike and Gabe?

God-squad LOL.

----

The Devil You Know:

King of Pop LOL.

LOL at Crowley's tantrum.

Sneezy LOL.

Eric Johnson looks odd with black eyes. His real first name is Eric his character's last name is Brady. Jensen played Eric Brady on DOOL. LOL was that a reference or just a coincidence? LOL.

Did Crowley just say "evening uncle" to Brady?

"Hey, odd stuff watch the upholstery."

"Where's your moose?" LOL.

Lovers in League Against Satan. :lol:

"Get off my property before I blast you so full of rock salt that you crap Margaritas." :guffaw:

====

Two Minutes To Midnight:

Cas in the hospital gown. I never saw anyone look so cute/hot in a hospital gown before. Awww.

I like the phone conversation between Dean and Cas. :)

Dollywood. :lol: ..... Eunice Kennedy. Heh.

"I don't understand your definition of good news." LOL oh, Cas! I don't know what's funnier that comment or Dean's eyeroll reaction to it. :lol:

"Did you kiss him?" LOL.

"Why'd you take a picture?"
    "Why'd you have to use tongue?" :guffaw:

"This time next Thursday we'll all be living in Zombie-land."

Bobby can walk again. :D

Cas saved Sam with the gun. "I guess this thing can be useful." :lol:

Man that is some deep dish pizza. You have to eat it with a fork. :lol: You think maybe Death laced the pizza with some kind of powers? Cause Dean could sure use some. :lol:

According to Death, Lucifer= bratty child having a tantrum. :guffaw:

Death said "your brother is the only one who can stop Lucifer", but Dean has two brothers. So did Death really mean Sam because Sam's Lucifer's true vessel? Or did Death actually mean Adam because Adam is Michael's current vessel?

I think I figured out how Adam is now Michael's vessel. Zach told Adam he could see his mom again if he said yes. So Adam was all for it and technically said yes. So when Zach called down Michael, Adam was the only one left even though technically Dean said yes, although he took it back. So technically both Adam and Dean has already said yes. Adam didn't get a chance to take back his yes like Dean did. Thus Adam is now Michael's vessel.

15. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

After several seasons of horrific foreplay, here comes the Apocalypse, the ultimate showdown between good and evil. It's time for Sam (JP) and Dean (JA) to hero up and save humanity as the archangel Michael, Lucifer and their minions get ready for the final battle. "Things don't look so good for our guys," says exec producer Sera Gamble. Lucifer (MP) still has designs on inhabiting Sam's body, and most of the brothers' allies are dead. The Winchesters "are trying to rally for what feels like an umpossible fight and, as is so often the case on our show, if our guys do win, it would come at a terrible personal cost," she says. One more "beloved character" will die and the boys' iconic Impala is set to play its own important part in the world's fate. If you're wondering what could follow such an oversized story line when Supernatural returns next fall, Gamble offers a hint. "We'll go intimate and personal and, now that we've buttoned up the big destiny-versus- free will debate, explore a whole new set of questions. We're chomping at the bit." :shifty: wait ... now it's going to turn into a Sera Gamble love fest :scream: do not want!