"World's End" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Apr 18, 2010.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

^ When I saw that the character had two different names, I thought maybe he might be Jekyll. :lol:

2. hotspot

hotspot Hit and Run

Where I am there's only 12 minutes left.
    It's a really good episode.

*spoiler*
    I wonder how they get it to rain like it does in the beginning.

I think catherine saying that it was a business matter in the theater was pretty rude, someone died after all.

When the fight was being recalled from that kid, it looked to me like they were going to make out XD Then again I always think that, even with a boy and a girl and not just two guys or girls.

The kid who died, after seeing a flashback. He's kind of cute :O
    For some reason, my gaydar goes off from him. *spoiler*

3. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

GREAT episode. I am a huge CSI:NY fan, but the writing on CSI is so much better.

Tobin

4. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Considering the dark subject matter, I actually enjoyed this episode. That might have something to do with the fact that Lindsey was on stage singing, and getting caught being naughty in her mom's office!

Anyway, here's my summary:
    - I was hoping for a bit more Cath/Lindsey interaction, but I loved the Sara/Lindsey scene in Cath’s office.
    - It’s funny that Cath is still picking Linds up from rehearsals. Lindsey is definitely old enough to be driving herself. Wouldn’t she complain about her mom still picking her up?
    - Loved the snippy Cath-in-work-mode "this is business, stay out of it" comment to Linds.
    - Loved the Sara/Linds scene as well. It kind of brings things full-circle, like back to the scene in LHB where Sara & Vega are questioning Lindsey.
    - Cath's jacket was great, but quite distracting!
    - Kay Panabaker did a great job, although every time she sang "Cabaret", I was thinking of Natasha Richardson
    - Cath's familiarity with the principal and the musical director suggests to me that Cath is a very involved PTA mom.
    - I think they've smoothed out Sara's rough edges way too much. She's too blah all of a sudden.
    - Brass has a bit of his mojo back, being sensitive, yet snippy.
    - Nice to see Paul McCrane again.
    - Michael Kenneth Williams was excellent as Laurent/Babajide

My full review can be found here

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  5. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

This wasn't a bad episode. Nothing I felt that was exemplary, but I didn't see any fault with it.

The acting from the guest characters was quite good. Laurent really had me believing him. I felt sorry for the man. I still did seeing how he was trying to seek forgiveness for his past sins. But genocide is a rather heinous act so I was glad to see him arrested in the end.

So Lindsey is dancing and singing at school, eh? Taking after her mother and possibly her father (wasn't Eddie somehow involved in the music industry?). That's a nice touch that I enjoyed.

All the CSIs seemed to get a decent amount of screen time. Not too much Ray. Just enough Greg. I thought Catherine would have gotten more, but hers wasn't bad either. And Brass really was good in this ep.

Greg seems to have gotten a little cynical. When he and Nick find the screwdriver, Nick is optimistic and chipper about it whereas Greg only sees the fact that it won't have any evidence on it. Poor guy has really lost the young, innocent spark he had a few seasons ago.

Brass's comment about how Sara didn't want to go into sewer systems looking for evidence wasn't the "Sara Sidle I know" felt inaccurate. Sara's response of "I want to see where hate comes from", or something, actually does seem like the Sara Sidle we know. Oh, well.

No lab techs in this ep. At all. Well, except for SuperDave. Interesting. All the actors got an episode for themselves and then some off time. Nice.

Overall, pretty good episode - especially considering the subject matter. Not one of my absolute favorites but definitely better than some others this season.

6. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Lines of the night:

Greg (reading skinny suspect's note): You want a layer?

Indignant Skinny Suspect: Can't you read? That says lawyer!

:)

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:lol: Yeah, and then later Greg said they couldn't get anything from the two guys because they "Layered up". :lol:

I'm kind of blah about this one. I was sort of interested in the beginning, but found the rest of it not so interesting. And I thought if this Sean guy was as awful and as hated as he was, I didn't find it so believable that he was that interested in the janitor and so broken up over the stories of the slaughters, etc.

I did like the deja vu feeling when seeing Catherine at Lindsey's show and everything. :)

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

A good episode! Certainly a heavy follow-up to last week.

Loved:
    Lindsey got the cold open. :cool:
    Brass and Sara's scene was nice. I liked his comment about the 'old Sara Sidle'. Plus, Sara's remark, 'I like to know where haters come from', was classic Sara. But, this time it was said more with an air of curiosity than disdain. Another hint of the 'new Sara'.
    Brass' interaction with Granny Becker was touching.
    Sara and Lindsey's scene; they seem to have a close relationship and together they cracked the case! Lindsey's remorse for the victim was also touching.
    Greg's 'layered up' :lol:
    Sara looked amazing throughout the whole episode! :)

I had Flashbacks to Down The Drain and Dead Doll at the beginning. :)
    LOL at the previous comment about Cat's coat. It was somewhat 'distracting'. :lol:
    For a moment I thought the principal might be the killer. Paul McCrane can be 'evil'. :D

Didn't like: Yet another reference to Ray's dark side at the end. :rolleyes:

Interesting use of Cabaret as the high school musical play to parallel the Nazi and the Rwandan genocides. And both primary characters, Sean and Laurent, were trying to change, too little too late; but, in the end, I did feel a little sorry for them both; well, for Sean, anyway.

Overall, a better than average ep. Not as quirky as most of Dunsky's. But a good story.

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well I thought it was a decent episode. Not a great one but it was pretty interesting and had a few really good moments. I liked seeing Brass' softer side with the old woman. They were touching.

Super Dave in the sewers saying "I think I've touched all the dog poop and used condoms in Las Vegas" was so funny!

I loved Greg's expression when the kid said that to him. Totally priceless. :guffaw:
    Well yeah he has been a more of a downer this season, however I think he was also talking from experience (seeing as they were talking about getting DNA from the screwdriver) because he ended up being correct on that. I mean they use to give him a lot of things when he was the DNA tech that they expected him to find DNA from and he could not.

It was nice seeing Lindsey again. You sometimes forget Catherine is a mom on that show or that anyone had a life outside of CSI. :lol:

10. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

I never liked the Cabarets and Musicals. Glad to see Lindsay is not one of the ''troublmaker teenage types'' on tv world, at least in this episode. Lol she was thinking the victim guy was flirting with her :p

I loved Cat's coat! She was awesome with that thing i think.:cool:
    Super Dave and Greg made me laugh. :lol:

I know the victim guy from another show but i can't remember where . I guess he was dying while trying to help AGAIN. Also nice to see Paul McCrane too.

The killer said '' i never meant to hurt him''. I hate that line. I felt sorry in the end for his wife and child.

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

He was the rollercoaster operator in 'Turn of the Screws'. :)
    Kind of old for a high school part in this one, I thought.

He's been a guest actor on a number of other tv shows, too, I think.

12. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

this episode was alright, i'd give it a B

i wish greg could have been more cheerful, he's been a bit down lately

i liked the part where lindsey was nosing through her mom's office, i figured cath, sara, or nick would catch her, it sort of reminded me of the deleted scene where cath was snooping around grissom/sara's place, like mother like daughter

the beginning with brass and the lady with alheimers, sad but i did suspect it

at the end it is always great to see a team member out of the lab once in awhile, that doesn't happen very often, i hope we get to see a bit more of that before the season ends

it rained again and yet csi is in a desert :lol: but whatever it's tv drama

13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

It occurred to me just how similar the Cath/Lindsey part in this episode was to Lady Heather's Box.

You've got Lindsey, a rain storm, a dead body found in a storm drain, Sara talking with Lindsey, a sweet Cath/Lindsey moment at the end... all that was missing was a suspect with funky-colored hair, Lady Heather, and some Cath/Sara angst.

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

LOL Kaylyne. I agree though. The only thing missing was the Cath/Lindsey argument that would have occured if it was Cath that caught Linds in her office instead of Sara.

This one was dark, that's for sure. I'm still not sure on my feelings about it though. Something to me was missing, but I'm not sure what.

I did like the end where Cath was eagerly watching Lindsey sing and dance. That was a very sweet mother/daughter moment. I'll have to watch again to give more details...

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I guess I've got to watch this again. But it didn't rock me like others have this season. It seemed to start off with a bang but was a bit blah, so maybe watching it again will make it better. I thought Nick was the outstanding CSI in this, so enthusiatic, so passionate like he always is.:thumbsup: He really likes to get to the bottom of it fast. On Lindsay, I preferred the old Lindsay, the one who was the image of Cath. She was OK, but not exciting:confused: And the janitor that the dead kid found out wasn't who he said he was. The fingerprints gave him away so he killed him and threw his body in the storm drain. Brass as always hilarious. Sara, Ray, Doc & Greg minimum screen time. I will see it again and maybe will enjoy it better~