CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

2. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

Merci Perl

great job it looks old and dirty :lol::lol::lol:

3. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Merci Perl, very great! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

One thing I think that's interesting this season is that it seems they've gone in a totally different direction than what they had planned.

The reason I say this is--weren't we supposed to be having more Nelly appearances? At least, according to this tweet we were. (It took me forever to find that tweet on his page. :rolleyes: )

Now it appears that instead of bringing him back, they're bringing Edward Furlong.

Just an interesting bit of info, I suppose. :p

5. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks for all pics. links and interviews, etc. :)

...:lol:.

...like torture the viewers ya mean?:p. Letting DL continue their marital bliss and tethered existence into S7 would be cruel but perhaps not unusual. Alas.

...true. I think this also goes toward the collective suits not putting up a wall of stone silence at reading "...top of a Lighthouse..." in a script to begin with :lol:. No doubt the effort and hard work is still easier and cheaper than trying to shoot stuff topside at a real one :p. Possible too, if the show is shooting any of the second half now, that costs are being in part divvied across both eps. Dunno. Evs :lol:.

Nice for the art dept. to get a project like that too :bolian:. Hope it is epic and well-used :).

And yeah. This does somehow all feel as though its running later this season.

I suppose I'd rather see a Ship crashing, so to speak... :p. (Joke, people. Just a bad joke ;)).

"Lighthouse-of-Doom-Hanger." Hm. Permit me a minor snip Fay? 'Doomhanger? ...!Doomhanger. ...I rather like that :lol:.

I do hafta admit that DL has been relatively low-key this season, or perhaps they only feel so in the comparative overload of S5. The fact that a sudden spotlight is gonna bring them front and center now, to feature in a season-ender and cliff- erm, !Doom-Hanger, is just... exceptionally unappealing.

:lol:. Would work fine if Mac skipped the indulgent part. Then also a hapless lab tech would not be injured, and Flack wouldna hafta cope with additional guilt :p.

Personally, it'd be even better if the Mac just left it at "Look, just take Lindsay and go." :lol: (Sorry Danny. Wouldn't ordinarily say so. But the state of your character is dire, all but flat-lined).

Yet another example of a very fluid season I guess.

Nelly was in what, two eps this season? Mebbe he'll make an appearance in one more. Would be fun, for example if Flack tapped him for some help in the chase after Casey, especially if Messer is in peril. Of course, it could also be Stella's turn to pull someone out of peril for a change too :p.

Two weeks of re-runs? ...Geez, helluva season that way huh :lol:. Well, a solid run to the finale would be a fair trade off. Save for the fact it's the third cliffhanger in as many seasons, and now will focus on DL. In that sense, the solid run could actually wind up being the best part of what's left.

DL. Re-tread/nowCartoon Casey. :shifty:. Angsty Danny? Good. Yes. Angsty Danny about Lindsay? Less so. Lindsay in dire, emotionally heightened circumstances?? ...no. But. God help us if it's not Lindsay but MightyMontana who makes an appearance. Must stop thinking about underwhelming finale possibilities. I so find it difficult no to be inherently disappointed with cliffhangers in general. So far the lighthouse is the most interesting aspect :lol:.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

noooooooooooooo.... oh god, if that happens i will just not be responsible for my actions:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

well it'd be an improvement on FayLinn's theory, but i'd much prefer, if he was making them go off away from the lab somewhere, he was achieving it by kicking their arses out of there so hard they landed on the other side of next week. or even the other, as yet unknown, side of next season. grrr.... if they don't get *at least* a suspension i'll be really really pissed off. aiden cutting a seal was grounds for sacking, so hello mac, can you try to remember all that crap you spouted about protecting the integrity of the lab at all costs and just do the right thing for once this season? :scream::scream:

*and breathe*

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Gee reruns again for the next two weeks what will I have to watch this summer?:rolleyes:

8. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Nelly was in one episode this season, wasn't he? Yeah, it has been a fluid season; I've usually assumed that the majority of showrunners (for the most part) make things up as they go along, rather than having a concrete plan for entire seasons...but this one does seem less well-put together than the others. :wtf: Huh. Makes me wonder about which ones were the episodes Nelly was originally supposed to appear in (maybe Lat/Long? Dead Reckoning?). If they can bring him in before the finale, though, that'd be awesome :lol: Or even in the finale, I'd totally tune in for that.

I know I'd much prefer that last option :lol: If they're going to cover a DL finale that's basically Danny's issue :rolleyes:, I imagine Lindsay would have two potential roles: victim or fighter. And I'm sorry -- I'm not the hugest fan of Super!Lindsay (ordinary Lindsay I like, super!Lindsay sometimes gets on my nerves), but I'd rather see her than see Lindsay as a victim. I'm not completely ruling out the idea that both options could be potentially interesting (um, as interesting as DL-related crap can get), but there've been about five victimized-female stories in the franchise this year alone, among the main character-casts. I'd rather not see another one.

Possibly Angsty-Danny, if they can make it good, because we haven't seen enough of that in a way that makes sense this season (I would like guilt-angst over the badge; he's been semi-angsty about it, but we don't really know why, since if he'd owned up to the missing badge it'd probably solve a lot of his problems).

Agree so much about Aiden, and Mac. And I'm seriously, seriously hoping they're considering this, especially when it comes to Mac's actions and how he'll handle this. (Hopeful, because of the two episodes they switched -- wasn't the former 6.21 supposed to be the one where the team was looking for the badge? If that's the one Danny and Lindsay get their punishment, maybe they decided it makes more sense for them to get it earlier rather than later.) One of the best original things about Mac was his ethics code when it comes to the team and the lab's integrity -- it was nearly as iron as Grissom's; but these last few years they've been poking so many holes in it that...well, he'll really come off looking like a hypocrite if he doesn't kick Danny and Lindsay's asses hard (Flack, though, he can't really do anything to, right? -- he's not Flack's boss).

9. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I can't say I would mind it if Lindsay's darker side came out in this finale. I always thought she had a fierceness lurking under all the girl-next-door wrapping. For her to put all the frustration she has lived with by not being able to save her friends into saving her family would be interesting to watch. I've always been a fan of the character but feel like she's been so underdeveloped. Going up against Shane Casey could be interesting to watch.

On another angle that doesn't revolve around Danny and Lindsay;), switching the episode order gives us something besides continuity with the Shane Casey storyline. It puts the Aburey vs Peyton episodes back to back. Unusual Suspects has Aubrey and Mac coming upon the two boys. Airing in this order puts this episode right in front of Peyton's return. As they are counting on the fans to talk it up concerning these two women putting episodes back to back gives the "contest" more coverage and opportunity to see Mac with each one.

I think Unusual Suspects is going to be my favorite Flack episode of all times. :adore:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  10. Flackhoney

Flackhoney Hit and Run

^^^ does the Unusual Suspect episode come out this week?

I agree with you on Lindsay. I really liked her character in the first season she was in but she seemed to go downhill and now she's just a character that gives information. I really hope she's gonna come out more and show us how fierce and great she really is.

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Nope. This week is a repeat of "Battle Scars", and next week is a repeat too ("It Happened to Me"). "Tales from the Undercard" airs May 5, and "Unusual Suspects" is May 12 (with "Point of View" and "Vacation Getaway" rounding out the season on May 19 and 26, respectively).

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

not to mention that flack was surprised that danny hadn't reported it yet either, so he apparently was going under the assumption that danny had done what he was supposed to. although why he hadn't specifically followed up with danny on that point given danny's tendencies toward following proper protocol on stolen pieces of equipment (his gun, flack, remember that?!) i don't know!!!:rolleyes:

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think Flack knew Danny hadn't reported the badge--maybe he was a little surprised, but when he confronted Danny in "Flag on the Play" he really seemed to be disappointed and annoyed with Danny--and he washed his hands of the whole thing right then and there. Mac doesn't really have any direct authority over Flack, and anyway... as irritated as Mac might be with Flack, Stella or even Lindsay for not reporting the badge missing, Danny is the one who really deserves his ire. This is Danny's screw up.

Count me as another one who would like to see Lindsay save her family. Given what we know, though, and the show/franchise's track record with women, I'm not sure there's potential for it to happen that way, but I'd love to see it. If Shane just fixates on Danny and takes him, and Lindsay has to go into the Lighthouse of Doom to save Danny, that could be kind of cool.

14. Hanbee

Hanbee Victim

I apologise for my complete brainlessness with technology, but I have n idea whatsoever as to how you work the quote button thingy :( So I'm gonna have to do this the old fashioned way:
    As posted by Top41
    Count me as another one who would like to see Lindsay save her family. Given what we know, though, and the show/franchise's track record with women, I'm not sure there's potential for it to happen that way, but I'd love to see it. If Shane just fixates on Danny and takes him, and Lindsay has to go into the Lighthouse of Doom to save Danny, that could be kind of cool.

Me three :) Shows like this always portray women as the "damsels in distress." After a while it gets samey and uncreative and boring to watch :rolleyes: If this is the route they choose (which probably will be) it needs to be inventive and something that isn't just another "oh save me Mr Man" cliche :shifty:

p.s A little help using the quote button would be greatly appreciated :)

15. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I too really like the idea of Lindsay saving the day. It might get some of the haters off of her case ;)

As for the quote thing, hit the "Quote" button on the bottom of the post and then you can quote whatever is between [ QUOTE ] and [ / QUOTE ] then put your reply under that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.