Prove it!

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by BabaOReilly, Apr 9, 2006.

1. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

My fave is Nicky, but "Jackpot", yes, absolutely. I just love to watch it over and over. There are other episodes on my all-time fave list that I would enjoy just as much without Nick in them because the stories are just brilliant. "Alter Boys", "The Finger", and "What's Eating GG" spring to mind. And there are tons of Nick-lite episodes that I find immensely entertaining, the most recent one being "Spellbound". (And "Cross-Jurisdictions" for some reason, even though I don't like Miami all that much.)

And on the other hand, there are some Nick-heavy episodes that do not grab me at all, like "Snakes". While certain scenes do give me hot flashes ( :D), the episode as a whole is...meeeh.

But most of my fave episodes do tend to feature Nick in some significant way. So to sum it up, yeah, I can enjoy an episode with no Nicky, it just has to be a little bit extra juicy. :)

(Hmm, even if Nick got killed off in "GD", I'm pretty sure I'd still be watching, because I think a Nick-less CSI is still better than 2/3 of the other stuff on TV.)

2. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I must admit that if Stella isn't around for a long time in an episode I get pretty mad and sad. If I find that there isn't a lot of Stella I don't pay much attention so I can't really say how I feel about the episode. On the Job is my favourite episode and yeah, there was a lot of Stella in it. In fact, I found that to be one of Melina's greatest acting jobs. Anyway, this season there have been episodes where Stella seems to be missing in action and I've picked up on that pretty well. 'Til Death Do We Part is another favourite episode of mine and it revolves around Stella's background. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that if Melina left NY I dunno if I would watch it. I'd still give the other guys a chance. I'm not sure if I proved a point :lol:.

3. lea

lea Police Officer

Don't know whether that was aimed slightly at me (cause i wrote about favourites) not saying it was, but just in case i'll make myself more clear. My favourite characters are Grissom and Sara. But grissom wasn't in gum drops, so despite that fact that he wasn't in it, that episode still rocked (to me)

4. Joy22

Joy22 Pathologist

I can enjoy an episde without Warrick, of course I can! Yeah, when he's not around I kinda miss him and sure my favorite episodes revolve around him but I love every single episode of CSI, also the ones where he's absent or shown a couple of minutes. In the end, the show wins out from the pretty face. I would still watch the show if he left but not with the same kind of drool factor, that's all. The show would still be as good, Gary or not.

5. ruzila

ruzila CSI Level Two

Hmmm... is it required that your fav character b completely gone from the ep? Or can he just not be a main character?

Spank me if I'm wrong Baba but I can only think of fav eps that had very little Warrick in them... Gentle, Gentle... Lady Heather's Box... Weeping Willows... Kiss Kiss Bye Bye and Gum Drops all rank under great eps for me without much or any of my man in them.

But that might be cheating since I kinda consider Cath to b my second fav. :p God, is there even an ep with no Cath and no War? :confused:

Well suffice to say, I'll always watch CSI regardless who's gonna head the ep. Even if it's just a labrat ep, God help us (Sorry Robin! :lol:) -I love the ensemble that makes up the original show. :)

So I didnt really prove anything, huh? :p

*braces for Baba's wrath* I SAID I LIKED GUM DROPS! I SAID I LIKED GUM DROPS!

:lol:

~R.C.

6. ladytrinity

ladytrinity Lab Technician

I'm not sure I can prove it, because I adore Greg and Nick and my favourite episodes are "Gum drops" and "Slaves of Las Vegas" but I love Lady Heathers character . . .
    With CSI: Miami, I liked "Camp Fear" and my favourite, Ryan wasn't there at all :lol: does that count??
    OK, so, I can't prove it . . . but if the episode is good I'm going to watch it and love it, doesn't matter if my favourite characters aren't in it, just happends that I tend to like them more when my faves are on!! :lol:

7. SparkyGirl

SparkyGirl CSI Level One

I watch CSI weather my fave is in it or not. I'm sure you can guess who that is!

"Jackpot" was interesting. At first I didn't really like it. But I kept watching it because it was really neat to see Grissom on his own, away from the others. In a funny way, it was like I had Grissom to myself for an hour! Besides....how can I get Grissom in jeans out of my mind? Granted, I missed Nick but sometimes it is worth it!

This season has rocked! Greg has taken the lead and I've been glued to the tv. "Spellbound" left me pondering on how much Greg has grown. How he handled the investigation in his own way and not letting Grissom dim his enthusiasam with his "sixth sense". Nick wasn't in this? Hmmm....how did I miss that?

"Committed" was the Sara episode that has been a favorite of mine. Secretly. Just the way she handled herself, wow! I kinda wished Grissom wasn't in it so much. Sara could have carried that one on her own. What? You mean there was no Nick in this one too? Dang...show is good enough to make me forget about Nick....at least for this episode.

Well Baba, I hope I proved it. If not, I guess I'm willing to do time in Ecklie's office hearing about the budget!

8. IlovemySNICKERS

IlovemySNICKERS CSI Level One

Sure i have my favorite CSI characters and ships, but i always watch CSI. And i really enjoyed 'Spellbound' and it didnt have Nick in it. So i think i can enjoy any ep of CSI and not just judge it on my fave characters or ships. I really like to watch it because of the 'crimes' and i love to figure out how they solve them!!

9. 1_LaDy_RoSe_1

1_LaDy_RoSe_1 Police Officer

I'm Crazy about Warrick but I still love to watch CSI when he's not in it, and now that he's married because I watch for the story/plot/interesting facts.
    I also really loved Speed, but still always watch CSI:Miami when it's on.

10. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

Yeah I love Nick and Warrick but I watched CSI right from the first when I didnt have a fave! And I love the crossovers when its normally the big supervisers going over. And now Speed is dead I still watch Miami.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

My fave characters are Nick and Sara, I'd love to see them on screen all the time, but even though they are not in all the episodes, I can still enjoy any CSI episode. Some of those that I liked that had little or no Nick or Sara were Still Life, Jackpot, and a lot more.

12. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

One of my favorite characters is Lindsay, but I like many of the S1 eps of NY.
    However, on maybe a little different note, Aiden was my least favorite character, and I'm not sure whether the fact that my fave eps from S1 are ones in which she plays a minor role.

13. CSIVegasMiamiNY

Yeah its great if our fave character is in the ep but at the end of the day we started watching it before we knew what the charecters look or were like so doesn't that prove it?! Ok yes yes Im trying to cover up the fact that I love it when Nick/ warrick/ Delko is on and i wont go to bed if its a huge role ep! LOL! But yeah i'll watch if they aren't in it. I loved Speedle but i still watch Miami even tho he aint in it no more. ( and no i didnt say i like delko...no...of course not!)

14. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ That's a good point, but my initial reason for starting this topic was because I was noticing that people who favoured certain characters tend to go into the episode review threads and say, "Ah, that ep was just OK. It needed more so-and-so in it. Could have been better..." and so on. I'm trying to see if people can prove that they can consider an episode more than "so-so" if their faves aren't as active in it.

15. CSIVegasMiamiNY

Good point i mean when i first saw Jackpot i didnt really like it, because of it just being grissom, but then I sat and watched it and I found out that i liked it, did my ol' looking at his body language out of his comfort zone thang. now i love it. I mean some eps you do have to really sit through to get.