Season 10 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Pt 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I don't know. You summed up my feelings pretty well. :)

2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Same here. I still don't really like Langston. And I can't really picture a three-part episode all about him and Dr. Jekyll. I admit that the idea of Dr. Jekyll is interesting, but did they have to make it All About Ray?

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm jumping on this bandwagon and can say I can careless about Ray and overall his involvement with Dr. Jekyll. I much rather see the original cast members getting to work the case than him.

4. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Agreed to the max, you guys!

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, I hate the Jekyll storyline altogether, so I couldn't give a flip about it. :lol: And usually when they say "more than one" they mean TWO... and there was that rumor about Cath and a male CSI, so I'm thinking since Jekyll is pretty much Ray's case, that the blood spilled belonging to more than one CSI will be Cath and Ray. They are the only two whose contracts we've heard could be ending. Though I do think Marg said she would be staying until the end of Season 11, but I'm not sure about LF.

I'm just sick to death of the "csis in peril" cliffs and us having to wonder all summer if they're dead or not.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm with you, I just hate cliffhangers whether it's a CSi in peril or not. :rolleyes: As for the contracts, I believe everyone's was expired this season. The main cast, anyways. LF, MH, GE, ES, PG.

7. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Huh.

So I'm guessing it's safe to assume that Catherine is definitely CSI in Peril #1, since CM pretty much confirmed it in the answer to Ausiello. I'm really hoping they don't go the predictable route and make Ray the CSI in Peril #2. I mean, this storyline has been pretty much written FOR Ray, so why have him be in trouble. Since they are going this route, I'd like to see Dr. J get into the building (since he has Ray's ID), and maybe have someone catch him where he's not supposed to be, and he gets them. CSI #2 comes in, and he ambushes them too. They could either have Jekyll escape after injuring the two CSIs, or maybe he takes one (Catherine more than likely since M's contract is up) after hurting the other.

Don't mind me, I'm trying to get my head around this and it's early and I've had maybe 5 hours of sleep. :lol:

I'm just not sure who the other CSI will be...out of the main cast, Doc and Super Dave are out, cause they are coroners. Wendy, Hodges, and the lab techs are out cause, well, they are lab techs (unless Wendy becomes a CSI I in the next 5 episodes). Brass (and Vartann/Vega/etc.) is out, since they are cops. So that leaves Catherine (who I've determined is a def), Nick, Greg, Ray, Sara, and Ecklie too, I suppose. Sara I'd say is out since she was the MK's victim, Nick is more than likely out since the events of GD. Besides, if Cath is out of commission, I'd hope that they would be smart and have Nick stay safe so he can be in charge. But anyways, like I said before, I hope it's not Ray, so that really leaves Greg and Cath (or Ecklie, but he's really a long shot since I haven't heard anything about Marc Vann coming back). I know Greg had the beating in Fannysmackin', but he's never been kidnapped, so.....yeah.

Wow, I've thought this out way too much.

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well it did not say someone was going to be kidnapped. It simply said two CSI's will be in peril and blood will be shed. Now Catherine for sure is probably involved. As for the second CSI, I still think it will be Ray but it could be Nick. I mean it has been 5 years since GD. He has not been in peril for sometime. :lol: It might be his due again.

9. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I wonder how they could play it to get Ray in charge as a supervisor? Catherine....definitely would die. Nick possibly severely injured too. So for a short time Ray would be in charge with a promotion to CSI 3 after catching the Dr Jekyll person If Greg is somehow involved or something he does causes the supervisors to get injured...Ray and Sara could run the joint for a couple of shows with the lab rats helping out in the field. Or Maybe Greg goofs up somehow and he gets placed on probation and Ray takes the lead, we all know he has to get ahead of Greg to take a supervisor position...Right????? So something would have to happen to Greg...Sara would bow out I would think due to her commitment to her husband...too much responsibility. But I have a bad feeling at the end that Ray will pick up a leadership role if he is renewing his contract.

10. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think Ray will surpass Greg/Sara in the CSI ranks. If he does, there will be too many pissed off fans. And the actors won't be happy either. George even said he's glad that they didn't have Ray come in and be boss because it wouldn't have worked and he wouldn't have liked it.

11. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Your theory seems to revolve around the notion that the true obstacle to Ray's rise to glory is Greg. I don't think I like this theory. :lol:

I do sense that there is going to be some kind of shake-up in the finale. I think we can safely narrow the two CSIs down to Cath and Ray - it is his arc after all. But there could be other casualties as well, just not involving bloodshed. It was said the Greg will get a new job or position or something. Without actually leaving the Lab, perhaps he gets a new job other than CSI?

Or... Marg has basically said that she will stay through season 11. But she doesn't say in what capacity. Catherine could be injured and she would have to step back from her duties. Nick could be made acting supervisor and Greg assistant.

I don't see Sara sticking around too much later on. And maybe, just maybe, Ray doesn't survive. And as for new CSIs, there's always Wendy. But that's next season. Which I don't even know if it's been confirmed yet.

12. lil_janie

lil_janie Hit and Run

You know, I don't think I like what I found in here today. I don't care about Ray, never did, so he would be problem only if he would become boss or something like that, which is not likely (luckily). In that I agree with the rest of you.
    Nick being seriously hurt - I just can't watch it. Cath dying - NO. Hurt, and maybe out of the picture because of Marg's contract - OK, but not dead. Any other of the main cast going away, or something realy, realy bad hapenning to them, and I don't think I would continue to watch the show. And I already left the other two CSI shows. Now, I know I'm not all that important (I mean, really), but I know that there are a lot of other watchers just like me. So writers/producers better be careful about that clifhanger (and I hate that too).

I like this season so far, but somehow I have a feeling that its end is going to leave a sour taste and that few of the fans will like it. It's more likely that there will be throngs of very, very annoyed fans.

13. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I was doing a little bit of research and our Ray has a movie coming up and he has possibly a lead role which would interfere with his current commitments to CSI....

New Contagion Details, Laurence Fishburne in Talks
    Marion Cotillard . His part is described as a “major role” but his involvement with the film is heavily based on his current schedule. The Oscar nominated actor is a television regular, and the movie could conflict with his current commitments. Contagion’s story will center on the "outbreak of a deadly virus," and have the majority of the cast members playing doctors and scientists. The latest plot details reveal that an international team of medical professionals will be...

Could Ray be critically injured or perhaps killed off???? This movie would be his first major movie in a couple of years and a chance to bring him back into the theaters again. Makes you wonder.

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I really don't think Laurence Fishburne will be back next season. He's still a movie star, after all. :lol:

That said, if he is killed off or leaves some other way, would they try to find ANOTHER big name lead, go with the veteran actors who have been there all along, or just end the show?

15. GregNickRyanFan

If LF did decide not to renew, I'd go with the second choice. Or at least try it for half a season first. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.