Gil & Sofia #2-Let's have dinner. Shall we?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by KiraGrissom, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Sofia_Willows

Sofia_Willows Hit and Run

That's perfect, LadySaraButterfly

I can imagine her looking at his collection and wanting to help him add to it. And the angel would be especially poignant for them.

That was a really trying case, and I'm sure that the moment he saw her, it was a nice sense of relief. So the pet names just sort of slipped out without him realizing it.

2. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

This might sound lovey dovey, but I have always found scent is something that binds you with someone. Scent retrieves memories for me anyways.

To me a sweet gift could be her bringing him a lunch to work and leaving it sit on his desk when he is away. When he goes to eat his food, he would find a simple note from her with a tad of her perfume. Or a sort of love coupon if you will. For example, one night out at the movies together, or a bubble bath for two, or dinner and dancing.

Sorry fell into a big pile of mushiness. :lol:

3. Sofia_Willows

lol - it's not mushy, that's really cute LSB

In truth, I see Gil as being the kind of man who has great intentions with a gift, but they end up being a little strange. So perhaps they go shopping together, he sees something catch her eye and buys it for her - like her diamond necklaces.

Because I see Gil as more of the "insect in amber" kind of guy. lol.

But I also think that he would prefer spending time with a woman and being with her, rather than simply showering her with gifts. If anything, I agree with Tazzer that the necklaces may be more a sign of "We're dating" than it is "I'm trying to 'buy' Sofia". I can't see him wanting some kind of twisted control over a woman he really loves.

And that's not to suggest presents mean that, but it is a stereotype for men who maybe have to work too much, which is why I imagine, like Tazzer has said in the past, that he'd probably try to text or call her at crime scenes, just to check up on her - like how she visits him at his office or comes to give him messages, just so they can spend a little more time together, without going overboard, needing to hang off of each other constantly.

4. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Now this made me think of Sofia buying Gil one of those tequila suckers with the suspended worm. :lol:

I agree, Gil would never try and buy Sofia's love. They would merely be tokens of his appreciation for everything she does for him. Plus, he would love to see her have beautiful things. I mean we know how much he adored that red formal dress in "Formalities".

So, I could imagine him buying her another formal dress maybe after they have been together for a year. Set up a whole special night to celebrate their union as a couple.

5. Sofia_Willows

lol - well he'd still be somewhat romantic.

I imagine she'd be the type to try and return them as well, but he'd just be insistant :D

That would be really sweet, and also something they'd have to do together. I love my husband, but I don't trust him to pick out clothes for me - lol.

6. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Hey I've been way to busy to hang out on the computer, but wanted to say that I see Sofia doing things for Gil that has nothing to do with spending money. Like any good woman she would know a home cooked meal made with TLC from the freshest ingredients and made from scratch would be greatly appreciated. Plus he’s pretty handy in the kitchen so preparing meals together is very sexy.

I just don't see her pulling out the carry out menus and phoning in or stopping at the drive through, that is so impersonal and yells 'you aren't worth the effort.'

Also see her cruising the book stores for topics that he might not pick up himself, but would read because she took the time to expose him to new ideas.

And then last, a nice massage is always welcomed to relieve all the stress he is under and just cause it feels good

No, Gil would not ever try to buy her love, he don’t have to, but he would also be very inspired to give Sofia little treasures that would show how he feels about her, since he might not be used to being so open on how to express them in words. Again, he grew up in a home where speaking was not the main way to communicate, and she would cut him slack in this department cause she would understand. Anyway, we know she can make up for his lack of talking, ha.

[​IMG]

7. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Glad you got to drop in and post. Things would not be the same in here and you would be missed. Life sure does get crazy at times.

Already thinking of some books he might be interested in reading since the episode "Spellbound". Now this would be a case I could see him going home and discussing with her. Then knowing he is interested she would go and pick him up some books on physic's, maybe get him some Taro cards, a crystal ball.

He likes to experiment fully with anything that fascinates him. Why do you think he couldn't resist Sofia? She knew exactly how to appease to him. She is mysterious and beautiful. She didn't need fancy words or clothes. Showing you want to know a person completely is more attractive than anything else someone could offer.

Also, like the fact she keeps him chasing her. Men like a challenge and boy does she present one for him. :lol:

8. umbrello

umbrello Rookie

I think it would be real sweet if Gil were to teach Sofia sign language. Insted of going out to some noisey resteraunt the 2 of them could spend a cozy evening at Gil's townhouse. I can picture them sitting together on his couch as he guides her hands personally through any words she has problems with. I could also imagine Sofia being a very quick, and very eager learner.

Besides, she needs to be able to comunicate with her future mother-in-law!

9. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Excellent thinking!

You gotta figure Gil's mom would be so proud of him for finding such and intelligent, strong, independent woman. This would be so sweet going to visit his mother. I think Gil would be more nervous about the situation than Sofia. Imagine his mom bringing out the photo album, Sofia and her sitting side by side looking at all his childhood photos. Just makes me go AWWWWWW....... :p.

10. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Good Morning everyone! It's such a bright and sunny day.

I am so excited about last night's episode, I had to come in and share my take on Poppin' Tags. Let me lay down the events in order for you.

Gil is the master of making people wonder about how weird he is (hmmmmm....) plus about ways he can find to see Sofia.

Number one: He makes sure we know when walking in the hallway talking to his co-worker, he is a master of mouth to mouth.

Number two: He gladly accepts the job of fixing the photo's for use in questioning.

Number three: Why did he chose to work with the photos? Well he knew it was a perfect way to get to see Sofia. The man is a genious when it comes to surprising the woman he loves.
    [​IMG]

Number four: The plot thickens. Gil decides to hand deliver
    the pictures to Sofia. Since she paid him the visit in "Up in Smoke" he decides to take action this time.
    [​IMG]

'Not without a kiss from you first.' How could the woman resist this offer. So of course he dangles the pictures before her, luring her into his arms for a sweet kiss only lovers can share. Course being sneaky, his train of thought shot when their lips meet, she obtains the pictures with a grin.

However she does compliment him before she leaves to go finish her job. Notice the bright yellow shirt.

'Glad to see you are wearing the new shirt we bought. Looks yummy on you, I could eat you up like a marshmellow Peeps candy. Sugar is my weakness.'

11. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Warning: Those who CAN’T stand for other people to have FUN as we discuss a ship we like which involves a couple (fictional no less) that we find attractive and charming together, then turn back now before you burst a blood vessel.

This ship of Gil & Sofia is no different then a slash or threesome ship, yet we and especially me, is bashed at other message boards behind our backs by members of THIS board because they have so much hate inside of them that they want to world to know about it.

Yes don’t you feel so much better about yourself when you put me down in public, behind my back yet again, instead of doing it here for everyone at this board to see. Wow that takes guts.

* Gofia Talk Below *

Hey LSB very good observation about Gil wanting to do something Archie should have been doing, fixing those pics, so he can hand deliver to his sweetheart Sofia. And his little mouth to mouth announcement, yep he is no Dummy, he loves to be lip locked with a beautiful woman named Sofia.

And I see that there little shopping trip that snagged him a lovely light yellow shirt for spring, cause spring is for lovers, also got Sofia a new piece of jewelry too – a small gold puff heart pendent. Awww Gil is such a sweetheart too, but we knew that.

[​IMG]

Viva Gofia Baby! and Happy Easter too

[​IMG]

12. Sofia_Willows

I can't believe I didn't notice that Sofia had the pictures - great eye, LSB .

And I must say that it's very nice to have a place to come and talk about this, Tazzer - I'm sorry that people were so rude to you.

I imagine Sofia stopped by the office to come pick them up like she usually does. Though perhaps they were going to arrange something after work as well. Neither of them were in that much of the episode ;)

13. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

i cant believe there are people who actually bash you for no reasons :( *gives a hug to tazzer*

Anyway i have not caught poppin tags yet..will be watching it later. I presume there were no visible grissom-sofia scenes again?*sigh*

I bet he was hinting to his fellow worker that he wanted to lip lock with sofia right at that moment :lol:

14. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Popping in for a second before I head back out to run errands.

Tazzer, again you speak great words of truth and wisdom. To put a person down to their face is one thing, but to do so behind ones back is cowardly. It's frustrating that others must put down people to make themselves feel bigger. When in all actuality they are very small people. I am sorry you were put through this ordeal. Your a wonderful person and you deserve better.

Now back to Gofia FUN! Life is too short, why waste it being negative.

Easter coming up got me to thinking. Just because you are an adult doesn't mean you can't have some fun. Being a kid at heart makes us all feel young.

So, can see them buying some egg dye and have some fun making easter eggs. Then they can hide them around his townhouse. Can be perks to this game. Whoever finds the special egg, gets a very special prize. :devil:

15. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I'm sorry that you have found yourself targeted on another board. However, I fail to see why such hostility needed to be brought onto TalkCSI. Hostility breeds hostility, and lament and I have been trying to keep the hostility, which is totally unnecessary, off of this forum as much as humanly possible.

I know you feel slighted, but it would be more appropriate to address the matter on the board in which the bashing took place, rather than here. As lament stated in the guidelines for Shipper Central:

In other words, if it didn't happen here, leave it at the door.