"Field Mice" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Apr 11, 2010.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

It might get a mention but I bet they don't get into it until the next Dr. Jekyll episode which at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't until the finale.

Extended promo from CBS. After the promo that we've seen there a scene with Catherine & Langston and then another with Hodges, Wendy, and a couple of the CSI wannabee's. :lol:

(I took it from the CSI_CBS twitter page and it's only been up for about an hour so it isn't on youtube yet. :()

Susan

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Liz and Wallace actually did the teleplay. Naren and Jennifer worked on the story.

3. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

I think I just died of laughter watching that extended preview. HILARIOUS. And then that was rather heartfelt of Hodges to help Wendy put herself in the field. :)

4. andsoareyou

andsoareyou Dead on Arrival

After watching the extended preview, I'm even more excited. That was hilarious, I loved that scene in the door...it made me think of their "What are we, 12?!" scene in Lab Rats. Or was that "You Kill Me"? Whatever, I'm happy. :)

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

That was in Lab Rats. Trust me on this. :D

6. andsoareyou

andsoareyou Dead on Arrival

HA! You guys are great...thanks for clearing that up. Anyway, the way the two of them are standing squared up to each other totally reminds me of the "Lab Rats" scene. I also love that he thinks about her dreams of going out in the field.

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~ I accidentally hit the channel button instead of the volume button, and when I went back the screen was black. There was brief panic.
    ~ Hee. Hodges is like “uh……… sure.”
    ~ “I tell it better than you.” Of course she does. She’s Wendy and she’s awesome.
    ~ “That’s what you’re doing? You’re lying… to children.” And then he pushes the only button that will get her to go along with his wacked-out ideas, and she’s in.
    ~ I still think that during Lab Rats they should’ve remade the opening credits with only the lab rats in them.
    ~ Oh, Henry. And I’m not talking about the writer.
    ~ Did Nick get a haircut?
    ~ David is just as into this game as Wendy and Hodges are. Hee.
    ~ “I was about to say that.” “Too bad I said it first.”
    ~ Hee! Henry’s going to be busy for a while.
    ~ Wait, did Wendy just make Hodges cooler than he actually is?
    ~ “You always get something from Trace.” Ah, Hodges. Although I should point out that according to the way this episode is being run, you’re giving Langston all of the glory. I’m surprised you didn’t realize this.
    ~ Union of Concerned Scientists. Hee.
    ~ Field trip! How come I don’t get to go on field trips with Wendy and Hodges?
    ~ “Maybe you should stay out of parking garages. Bad things seem to happen to you there.”
    ~ “Have you pissed off any third graders?” “*mutters* Hodges!” No, no, no. He’s twelve.
    ~ MANDY!
    ~ Lucas Grabeel has you figured out, Wendy.
    ~ The CSIs didn’t find that? Fail.
    ~ “Would it help if I said I was really really sorry?” No, probably not.
    ~ Seriously, Henry. You have to be kidding, or I’ll kill you.
    ~ When CSI goes high school. Hilariously.
    ~ Watch, it won’t even have been Hodges. Oh look, it wasn’t.
    ~ “So basically I did the mature thing and played practical jokes on the guy.” Wendy, I love you.
    ~ Aw.
    ~ *fist pump* AWESOME!

8. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

*screams*
    First one to post after the episode! HAHAHA!
    </8-year-old rant>
    [EDIT: dang. Tciddaisc beat me to it. Well. SECOND!]

OH MY GOSH. That kiss. I thought I was going to scream until the whole state could hear me [although my state is actually pretty small...]. How could I not overreact to the beginning of possible canon for my favorite ship?!

And this is by far, my favorite episode. It was absolutely ridiculous. I mean it, it was so corny in some parts that I just wanted to shriek of horror, but it was so hilarious. The practical jokes were awesome. Poor Henry! Having your face stuck to your locker door is never very nice. Hodges was my first suspect, and then I saw something in Wendy's face that totally gave it away. :lol: LOLSOME!

And yes, honestly, the episode was so pathetic. I give it total points just for the humor. :D

9. hotmama

hotmama Victim

what a show - the writing and acting was brilliant! Love the humor, tenderness, and use of "kids" to train as CSIs. Especially loved the dynamics between Wendy and Hodges - do it again - they are great together.

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Wrong! *evil teenaged laughter*

Well, I'm sure you could already guess that I was happy about that. The only reason I didn't squee loudly was because my parents already think I'm partially insane. I don't need to confirm it some more. :lol:

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Really?? 'Cause I'm gonna have to say weak. Very weak. It was too confusing at first...all the back and forth with Wendy and Hodges at the scene when they really weren't at the scene, and the whole "drunk Brass" thing was weird.

I always love the lab rats tho, so kudos to them! :) And I loved Ray's imitation of Hodges in the lab! :lol: And I loved Doc looking at the cat website and then taking credit for Super Dave's work! :lol:

The little "Cath falls on Warrick" bit was cute...I guess.

But overall, just jumbled up and not very good. In my opinion, of course. ;)

12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::lol::lol::wtf::wtf::eek::eek::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

That about sums up my feelings on this episode.

Absolutely hilarious. I loved everything about this episode. Nobody is better at making fun of CSI then...well, CSI. Everything they did here was a tongue-in-cheek stab at itself.

I could go on forever about what I liked about this episode, so I'll just pick out the stand outs.

Loved how Hodges and Wendy basically swapped roles with Ray and Cath. Ray in trace 'playing' Hodges - brilliant! Would have liked Cath in DNA but Wendy taking on Catherine's hairstyle was just as good.

Loved how Hodges portrayed Brass. He really carries some strange theories about detectives.

SuperDave's version of Doc Robbins was beyond brilliant!:guffaw:

Archie's cameo was great. And Mandy is still the kick-ass tech. Love her!

Poor poor Henry. Never saw anything between him and Wendy, so that was a surprise. And Wendy is evil. Me likey :devil:

I enjoyed the B case as well. Metcalf has got to be the worst officer on the force. Every episode he's in only digs his hole deeper. Two favorite Greg moments occurred here as well: Being puked on and confronting the bad guy. Great moments (kinda) for Greggo.

I liked everything. All the characters got a moments to shine. I even liked Ray here. It looked like the whole cast had fun with this one.

The only stuff I didn't like was the Wedges stuff. Was never big on that ship and it made me squirm. Hodges, even when funny, still irritates me.

A+ Possibly my new favorite of the season. It was corny and absolutely ridiculous, but the humor was really great.

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Smokey: I'm not saying that the episode itself was fantastic. Just the last, like, minute of it. :lol:

I loved Doc taking the credit for the work.

I do agree that it was a bit jumbled. I was confused at first, because I kept forgetting what was going on, and it just got worse when they actually did go to the scene. But I kinda forgave it for that because Lab Rat eps are usually pretty jumbled.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

It was pretty weak....the case Nick worked on was very boring.

It was good to see Mandy, but I'd like to see more of her.

The last part was probably the best part of the episode! The kiss was cute.

15. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Oh, come one now guys. It's supposed to be weird and zany. It was a lab rat episode written by Wally and Liz after all. What did you expect? Surely I'm not the only one who really liked it.