Mac Taylor's Love Life *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 7, 2010.

?

Who do you want to see Mac Taylor with?

1. Aubrey Hunter

18 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. Peyton Driscoll

9 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Stella Bonasera

66 vote(s)
    55.9%
  4. No one--Mac should stay single

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Mac can schtupp a couch for all I care

13 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

When she said that and I saw it for the first time, for the moment, I was SO CERTAIN that she was talking about her heart! :guffaw:

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

agree 100%

also agree100%

i'm assuming they've gone for the latin option here "redemptio" is (i assume in my limited memory of latin) the first person singular of the verb "to redeem" so i'm assuming it's more about someone redeeming someone (else), as opposed to the action of redemption.
    yeah, i agree with this too. damn, i have to stop being so agreeable.:lol::rolleyes:

3. CSI.Jade

CSI.Jade Victim

Well at least have Mac end up with a person and not a piece of furniture. Besides, I don't think Mac's office chair would like it very much if his couch started getting more attention than it. :lol:

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ and thus would start a whole new triangle, or square if the desk got in on it as well.

5. stella_44

stella_44 Civilian

Team stella all the way:bolian:

Mac and Stella just belong together, simple. No one else would fit together with mac like stella.

Plus Melina and Gary have amazing chemistry.

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Ummm, Aubrey. Because they are surprisingly cute even while together (as opposed to Mac/Peyton, which was kind of annoying, and Mac/Stella, which I'm sure will be annoying, if they ever take that route). Aubrey's managed to be fun and endearing to me even in her firmly-limited role as an LI, so I'm impressed. I can actually picture it working in the long run.

7. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

I'm going for Aubry. Somehow they seem to 'click'. And I would like to see how this relationship develops. We've all seen Mac and Stella. And after all these season's I don't think they'll become anything more than best friends. Peyton wasn't my choice and I'm glad that storyline ended. It's about time that we got something refreshing. With Mac and Stella together I think it would do harm to the show. But that's my opinion.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I don't really think Stella is even an option. Veasey mentioned Stella because she was directly asked about it, and her response seemed (to me at least) to be a diplomatic way of saying 'It probably won't happen, but hey, you never know.' All of the 'Triangle' drama is referring to Peyton or Aubrey. Melina herself has said before that the show would probably not put Mac and Stella together unless it was perhaps the final season.

So while the ship has attracted a lot of fans, as any ship between the lead male and female characters is wont to do, I really don't see her as a viable option - especially not when Aubrey is a potential love interest and Peyton has history with Mac. Why overcomplicate things further with another relationship between series regs when you've already got a married couple on the team? I guess I just don't see why Stella is even part of the discussion. *shrug*

Getting back to whether Bella Taylor should choose Peyton Black or Aubrey Cullen (which sounds like it could be an actual name from the book :lol:)...

I think it will depend on how Peyton is re-introduced. The 'Dear John' letter was a crap way of getting rid of the character before, but since Peyton isn't a real person, I can forgive that as a bad choice on the writers' part without assuming the character herself is irredeemable. I mean, who knows how the writers will explain her return to NYC or how she and Mac will interact now that time has passed?

I like Aubrey, and I think she and Mac are a good match. There was something of a rift between Mac and Peyton's needs (or desires) when it came to their relationship, but Aubrey seems like someone who already understands Mac's POV on that situation. They're both career-oriented people, they have military service in their backgrounds - and they're just darn cute together if you ask me. ;)

So for now, I'm leaning toward Aubrey, but I'm not ruling Peyton out. I think it will ultimately depend on who can come back next season moreso than anything the fans say online this summer (because don't Claire and Mädchen both have possible scheduling conflicts for the fall?), but I'm sure the writers will find a way to make it work.

One thing I do not want to see (almost as much as I don't want to see Mac and Stella become DL 2.0 *shudder*) is Aubrey and Peyton fighting over Mac - I honestly don't expect to see it, though, so I hope I'm right. They are both intelligent women - Aubrey would understand that Mac and Peyton have history, just as I'm sure Peyton would understand that she broke up with Mac and he has a right to move on with his life. Hopefully whatever TPTB choose to do will reflect positively on everybody involved. :)

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Amen. But with the way this show treats women at times (I'm remembering Quinn who was a very intelligent, strong woman but she had to be shown as still carrying a torch for Mac even though they were never together in their past) I'm afraid they'll go the "chick fight" route. Especially because it creates teh dramaz!!1!

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

faylinn, i agree completely.

11. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

Now I'm really leaning towards Aubrey, simply because Mac and Stella isn't going to happen, and that's life. :rolleyes: Aubrey... appeals to me. A lot.

What I like about her that would be good for Mac is that she has this energy and fascination about her, especially the cheer that she seems to do her best to carry with her just about everywhere. Not only that, she can make the great Mac Taylor jealous!! :guffaw: I couldn't help but watch over and over the way Mac's mouth was hanging open in pure, sweet jealousy when Aubrey mentioned she was in Afghanistan. :lol: Besides, I think she's a lot better looking than Peyton. [From a... guy... point of view... :lol:]

Uh, just wondering, is there a name for the ship of Mac and Aubrey? :guffaw: I need to put that in my signature!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  12. Lime Sweet Pea

Lime Sweet Pea Dead on Arrival

^ I'd have to say I agree with you. I mean, as much as I would love Mac and Stella to become an item, it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.

When it comes to Peyton and Aubrey, I lean a little towards Aubrey. I never had any problem with Peyton, in fact I acutally liked her in season three but I think bringing her back and then her Mac picking things up where they left off seems a little farfethced.

Plus, I'm curious to see the relationship between Aubrey and Mac grow. We never got to see that with Peyton.

13. gemarrrr

gemarrrr Victim

I know a lot of people are saying Smacked is never going to happen so Team Aubrey, if anyone, but you know what, Smacked could happen at the end of the shows run and I would rather wait for them for however many more seasons than have the planned cheesy soap opera/twilightesque storyline. Leave Mac's loves life alone until the end if need be until the end of the show but puthim and Stella together!
    I'm a patient Smacked fan, I've waited this long, I can wait a bit longer. :) :p

14. Lime Sweet Pea

Lime Sweet Pea Dead on Arrival

^I'm sure it could in the end of the series. But with hope that the show doesn't end anytime soon, I think Aubrey would be good for Mac. I don't see them getting married and having kids next season or anything, but she seems to make him happy I guess.

I think putting Stella and Mac together would be a sweet way to end the series. But again, that time doesn't seem anywhere near.

With Peyton, I am just curious to see how Mac reacts with her after all this time. I mean, he seemed sad about the letter initially but after that, we don't know what he really thought.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

If people want (or expect) Mac to end up with Stella when all is said and done and the show is going off the air, more power to them - but in the meantime, Mac is supposed to stay single? Dating someone would be horrible...why? It's not an insult to something that might happen at some point down the line. Mac dating Peyton or Aubrey or Random Woman #4 is not an insult to any future relationship he may have with Stella - I mean seriously, his marriage to Claire is not an insult to said future relationship, so how would him dating another woman in the meantime cheapen what might happen with Stella in the future? People don't always end up with one person and stay with that person their entire life.

I just don't get it. And the idea of Mac and Stella hooking up sounds far more like a 'soap opera' to me than Mac seeing an old flame when he's contemplating a relationship with a new woman he has met. People don't live their lives in a vacuum. Sometimes the old and the new collide, especially when you're talking about people on an island that takes up less than 23 square miles. Yes, the Twilight comparison is silly, and we've all gotten a laugh about it - but to be completely honest, this 'love triangle' is far from the most ridiculous thing to ever happen on this show. (I could make a list, but it would be long and off-topic in this thread.)

So yeah. Rambling Fay is rambling. Suffice it to say that I stand by my opinion that Stella isn't relevant to the discussion of this upcoming love triangle with Peyton and Aubrey, and even if people like the idea of Mac and Stella together, that doesn't mean Mac (or Stella) should sit around leading a single, celibate life until they get with each other.