Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Okay- real quick, before moderators start coming in here again. PLEASE remember to post at least 3 lines of on-topic discussion.

ec4evr, thanks for posting the Canadian promo.

The US promo didn't show Eric at all. And.. the Canadian promo at Eric in it for a second. Just standing with the other team members in what, I'm assuming, is Calleighs hospital room. All he said was something along the lines of 'This is worse than I thought'.

To be honest, I'm sort of getting the idea, that if this is suppose to be the episode where a decision is going to be made about Eric and Calleigh's relationship..it's not something that's being seen as a huge deal. But, that is just my speculation. Promos are always extremely misleading and things, great things, have happened in episodes between EC that we'd never expected. So we'll see.

I still haven't figured out my thoughts on everything just yet. With Jake coming back for an episode (is it just one?), I start to think that if EC aren't going to be a thing by the time Jake makes an appearance.. why would the writers even bring him back? Because they seem to love stirring up trouble between Eric and Calleigh. Life-threatening situations and Jake seem to be the only way they know how to make things a little interesting.
    What do y'all think?

2. Divot

Divot Victim

I am so confused on the three line rule at this point, sorry all!

As for rumor of Jake's return, that is sort of a 'yawn' at this point, you folks have nailed that one. Cal bid him adieu and her character is a southern steel magnolia with tons of backbone, so you folks are right to point out that it is hardly a deal breaker. Somewhere along the the season, it seems that the fire has gone out on this ship, doesn't it? Look back to last summer, it was hotter than a three dollar bill in here, and now it seems rather pedantic. Just my two cents to go with that hot three dollar bill perhaps?

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

That's what happens when half of the hotness is only in 10 episodes all season. Although, I do beleive that could have been handled better. A phone call, text message, anything would have been better than what we were given this year. TPTB must think that if a character isn't in an epi. that the fans forget about them. I mean come on, Eric worked at the lab for how long, and they don't even mention him after he leaves. Give me a break!

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

yeah, I AGREE WITH YOU ALL!!The couple is hot, but first we get something like 'we may still be together but we may not' kind of thing from the writers(for many,many episodes)or we get nothing at all. Then we all of a sudden get a nice bed scene of our favourite couple, but we are also warned that they 'shouldn't let that happen anymore'.What the hell?
    we still don't know if they are together or not(well,let's wait until 8.20)...
    I'm hoping for some extended promo soon...and some pics from 8.21.

5. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Ha, I don't think they are together. Not in the official relationship type way, anyway. They were, we know that. That fell through with the season 7 finale. But then they were still 'messing around', for lack of a better term. They'd said they shouldn't keep doing that anymore. At this point we don't know if they stopped or kept going along with it. I think it will be revealed soon though.

Writers like to confuse us!

6. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

This thread used to be alive & kicking a week or two before a BIG HIPHUGGER episode! Wake up hiphuggerland- it's 4 days more to go for the "defining moment" we all are anticipating for.*
    Anyway here's some good news- in the latest issue of TV Guide mag there is a feature about Emily & a lot of cute pics (some she took herself). There is a pic of her and Adam on the set of Backfire, with a caption saying how thrilled she is with Adam's return. She said ,"It's not the same show without him.He's really happy to be back.He missed me. I know he did. I can tell.":lol:

7. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I've been away for so long that I had to think twice about my password :lol:!
    I haven't been posting because of my very busy schedule of late, but I do visit this thread and read your posts regularly.
    I personally can't wait for next Monday's episode :adore: ! I just hope that the writers don't disappoint us after so much hype from the show's part and anticipation from ours.
    Btw, does anyone know when the finale will air?

8. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I'm afraid of a big let down with Backfire. Remember how they built up the epi. that Rob Zombie directed(LA), as far as I'm concerned, there was nothing special about that epi. I just don't want the big defining moment to be wasted. I really want it to be a BIG moment for them with tears, hugs and kisses.

9. <3Csi.Miami<3

<3Csi.Miami<3 Victim

where did u hear jake is coming back??

10. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

D&D- Nice to hear from you. The season finale will be on May 24. I posted some info about it in the Spoiler thread.

I was wondering if that is Eric pushing back the dead body back into the refrigerated unit in the morgue? It's very quick right after the scene of Calleigh looking into the dead boy's body in the morgue. If it's him then that is really sweet!

Please check the Spoiler thread- it's all there.:)

11. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I really count on you guys to post something on YT after 8.20!!!All their moments...because I would have to wait another year to see it on the UK tv...
    I wonder why there is no pics from 8.21 with Jake and Calleigh, it's not that long until the episode airs...

12. electra

electra Pathologist

I honestly do not have interest in Miami if Eric is not with Calleigh but I am looking forward for next week.This season has been really bad in terms in terms of E/C.And If they continue with this "will they or will not " I am not sure I can keep up .I want then to work on a more stable relationship without drama.

13. <3Csi.Miami<3

<3Csi.Miami<3 Victim

i think its cuz the episode airs 2 weeks after 8.20

14. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I know right? Around this time last year when I used to lurk on this forum occasionally, I remember this thread being like a live wire before and after any E/C episode. But I guess it's understandable that things have cooled down in here a bit since Season 8 began. Adam has only been appearing part-time on the show ... and then there was that frustratingly-ambiguous ending to the "Bad Seed" episode.[​IMG] And since then, the writers have been blowing hot-and-cold with the E/C romance. I mean, we got that delicious bed scene at the beginning of "In the Wind," but then that episode ended by throwing Eric and Calleigh's relationship status back in limbo with her saying that they're not going to let "it" happen any more.:confused:

Honestly, I can't blame E/C-shippers for not wanting to get their hopes up too much about #8.20, just in case we end up being let down yet again.:rolleyes: I, for one, am trying to remain cautiously optimistic about "Backfire."
    Based on the spoilers and photos I've seen, it seems like Eric will be front and center in the episode, and in several scenes with Calleigh. If this turns out to be the case in the actual episode, then it would make sense for the promised "defining moment" for the E/C romance to happen during "Backfire." Hopefully, the emotional declarations that we've been anticipating for so long.:adore: I'm just going to keep holding out hope that the outcome will be positive (and romantic!) for our Hiphuggers.

It's going to be super-hard for me to concentrate on anything else until Monday's episode. I feel like I've been looking forward to it forever!:lol:

EDIT: Btw, I posted a scan of Emily's TV Guide interview in the Calleigh/Emily thread in the CSI: Miami section of the forum. Here's the link to that page:
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=60321&page=5

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  15. <3Csi.Miami<3

<3Csi.Miami<3 Victim

maybe wen calleigh said 'it' shouldnt have happened, she meant 'it' and not their entire relationship. like, maybe they're trying to slow down after the whole russian mob thing but they couldnt keep their hands off each other. im probably just being optimistic though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.