Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Well, I don't like spoilers. So I did avoid your spoiler about the 100th episode. I just don't like spoilers at all. I hope it's something good though.

But I actually did watch the Ghostfacers preview. Not today, but I have seen it earlier. So I didn't need to re-watch it. It just makes me even more jealous. You don't know how lucky you are :(

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Or he could say yes to Michael. But if it is Lucifer then, My guess is they might still plan to have Ben actually be Dean's son and Dean threatened that way... "if you don't say yes, Michael will take over your son". Yeah, I'm still on that kick about Ben being Dean's son... I still can't believe that Lisa was telling the truth. It doesn't wash with me. :lol: Lucifer said Sam is the only one strong enough to sustain him without falling apart like Nick is. And the reason Sam is strong enough is because of the demon blood Azazel poisoned him with. Adam doesn't have the demon blood and so he wouldn't be strong enough to sustain Lucifer any longer than Nick has. But if Lucifer did take on Adam's form, it would be a little easier for Dean to have to kill Lucifer looking like Adam than Lucifer looking Sam because Dean doesn't even know Adam.

Well, when asked if the death was Cas or Bobby, that one spoiler person said that the death wasn't major... if it were Cas, it would be the most major death after either of the brothers (considering that Misha was added as a full cast member along with Jensen and Jared), so I doubt very seriously that Cas will die. Plus people have said that they've seen pics of Cas in an ep or eps after the 100th ep, so again, probably isn't Cas. And others have said they've seen the filming of eps past ep 100 and that Cas is there. And sacrifice doesn't necessarily mean life. My guess is that Cas will sacrifice the rest of his dwindling grace and that he'll become fully human. Unless they're just being overdramatic and hyping it up too much and the sacrifice is just him taking a chance on reasoning with Gabriel. :) The huge sacrifice could just be Cas having to kill another brother (Zach). He does still have that angel killing blade. But what if the sacrifice to give Dean the chance to say no is Cas somehow transferring the rest of his grace to Dean so that Dean will be able to kill Lucifer without having to house Michael?

Dark Side Of The Moon:

Woah! I just noticed in the re-cap clip of little Sam and Dean that little Sammy referred to Bobby as "Uncle Bobby". How did I miss that the first time?

"When I come back I'm gonna be pissed." -I bet so, Dean. Although after the way that ep ended I'm guessing he's pissed for another reason. But I'm pissed that the hunters got away with what they did. Maybe somewhere down the line Gabriel will smite the crap out of them. :lol:

What song is that playing on the radio of the Impala? Dean turned it off before I could figure it out. :lol:

Dean sees little Sammy. "Weird dream". Man that kid is growing like a weed. Pretty soon they'll have to get another kid to play little Sammy. :lol:

Dean's face as he remembers. 1996. Aw brotherly hug. :)

Dean to Cas: You've got to stop poking around in my dreams. I need some me time.

Dean: I'm dead.
    Cas: Condolences. :lol: That struck me funny for some reason.

Dean: How did I get to Heaven? :lol:

Sam: How are we in Heaven?
    Dean: All that clean living I guess. :lol:

Cas is in the TV.

Cas: Don't go into the light.
    Dean: Okay, thanks, Carol Anne. :lol:

Cas: You think maybe just maybe we should find out just what the HELL God has been saying? :jawdrop: Cas cursed! :)
    Dean: Geez. Touchy. :lol:

Sam: You think the road is in a closet? :lol:
    Dean: We're in Heaven, Sam, okay? Our memories are coming true, Cas is on TV. Finding a road in a closet would be the most normal thing to happen to us today. :lol:

Sam: Apparently you wuv hugs.
    Dean: Shut up. :guffaw:

Dean: It's okay, Mom. Dad still loves you. I love you too. (hugs) :adore:
    Mary: You are my little angel. How 'bout some pie?

Sam: I never realized just how long you've been cleaning up Dad's messes. :(

Aww cute doggy!

Chase scene. hehe.

:lol: Ash's wrestling mask.

Ash: Welcome to my blue heaven. :lol:

Einstein can mix a white russian. :lol: And Ash found the guy who wrote the karma sutra. :lol:

Dean: Spending eternity trapped in your own universe while angels run the show, that's lonely. That's not Nirvana, that's The Matrix. :lol:

Sam hugs Pamela, she tells him to watch his ass. hehe. Dean goes to hug her and she kisses him. She says it was just how she imagined. He seemed a little weirded out by the kiss. :lol: He sure didn't seem very into it.

Okay now Zach's messing with Dean's head making him think Mary didn't love him? That's low!

Eww Zach kisses Mary's neck and called her a MILF. :wtf:

Dean: You can gloat all you want. You're still bald. :lol: Go, Dean!

Zach admits he's petty. Well, at least he's honest about it. :lol:

Dean: It's nice-ish, I guess. (about the garden)

God gets lonely? He doesn't think the Apocalypse is his problem? :wtf:

God brought Cas back for Dean? :D Probably cause he knew Dean needed someone to give him more faith cause he surely didn't have any before. Cas had enough for all three of them. Only he won't anymore. :(

What's with that weird bluesy music in a depressing moment? That is totally out of place.

Woah! Cas called his father a SOB? :eek: He really has been influenced by the boys. Dean looks so sad for his friend. :(

This is a test isn't it? This is one of those gotta let them stand on their own feet and quit bailing them out of trouble things isn't it? Like on Buffy when Giles went back to England because he felt Buffy couldn't reach her true potential with him there cause she always got him to step in when something went wrong... and he couldn't deny her cause he loved her like his own daughter... My guess is Cas will come to this conclusion on his own sooner rather than later and he'll explain it to the boys. Maybe.

I have to say that I'm surprised that Sam's happiest moments didn't include Jess.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I think he was just "Uncle Bobby" in the way that your folks friends are aunts and uncles symbolically when you're a kid. I don't think he's a blood relative... but I still love him. :lol:

4. GregNickRyanFan

I didn't think it was in terms of blood relative either. I just never knew they called him that. I thought it was cute. My dad's friend's kids called him uncle. :) I couldn't call my dad's friend uncle cause I already had an actual uncle on the other side with the same first name. :lol:

5. GregNickRyanFan

Remember last season when someone said that Dean would get angelic powers? Maybe Castiel's big sacrifice is to give his grace to Dean so Dean could kill Lucifer (since it takes an angel to kill an angel supposedly) more easily (without Michael). With Cas' grace, Dean should have some angelic powers. Even though mostly all Cas can do is teleport, but maybe it'll work differently with Dean. Maybe with the grace being in Dean, the abilities will mix with Dean's personality and give him an appropriate power for him. :) Sammy's been given the chance to have powers, so it only makes sense that Dean should be given powers temporarily as well. :) Of course after Dean kills Lucifer or sends him back to his prison, whatever he does, then he'll have to probably find a way to give the grace back to Cas... maybe Gabriel will help with that unless God does... possibly Michael, who may be grateful that Cas helped Dean find a way to kill Lucifer so Michael wouldn't have to kill his brother. :)

I'm thinking that with Adam being back to life, Lucifer will take him and Dean will have to kill the brother he never got the chance to know in order to kill Lucifer. Cause when I think about it (although the angel could threaten to use Adam, or Ben if Ben is truly Dean's son like I can't help but think he might be lol - in order to get Dean to agree to house Michael), the prophecy says Dean has to stop the apocalypse... and if Adam or Ben do it, then it wouldn't work cause it wouldn't be Dean.

Another thought about the prophecy. since the prophecy says that Dean has to stop the apocalypse, would it really work if Michael took over Dean's body? would it still be Dean if Michael took him over? Wouldn't that be Michael, not Dean? Just because it's Dean's body, it wouldn't be him, right? So, if Cas' plan is to give Dean his grace so Dean could kill Lucifer, that would work best cause it would still be Dean, just with a little angel mojo. but if Michael inhabited Dean, it would be Michael, not Dean. :lol: So I am having a hard time thinking that would do it. Maybe the angels are misinterpreting the prophecy. Maybe this is why God is "finished". Maybe he wants the angels to realize their mistake on their own. :lol:

6. GregNickRyanFan

I'm gonna watch tonight's episode later (got it taping), but I was on imdb and saw some things that I thought was interesting. Ep titles and guest cast included. :) Putting them behind spoiler bars:

It seems they've fixed their site. They did have it listed before that Cas was in the zombie ep, but they seem to have taken that off of Misha's credits now. They do have Misha/Cas listed for 4 more eps after the 100th ep (point of no return).

Here are the titles for the eps after "Point Of No Return": (sorry if this has been posted already, I'm forgetful lol):

Hammer Of The Gods - and guess who is listed for this one: GABRIEL! :D Although the site has him listed as Trickster instead of Gabriel. :lol: I like the title of this episode. But wonder why God is plural. I did see a character named Mercury listed... that was a messenger in mythology. Hmm... And Thor was the god of thunder who used a hammer, so I'm wondering if gods from mythology will be in this ep and if maybe that's why God is plural in the title. :shrugs:

Let The Games Begin- interestingly enough, this was also a title of an episode of Gilmore Girls. Not sure if Jared was in that ep of GG or not. Anyway, Crowley is listed for this supernatural episode. :)

Two Minutes to Midnight

Swan Song - Chuck is listed for this episode. :)

I don't see mention of Adam anywhere, so I'm not sure what episode he's supposed to be back in.

7. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I just started watchung the reruns on TNT & fell in love with the show....I don't get CW so miss the weekly show....

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:D Yes! I love the Trickster/Gabriel, wondering if it's going to be another "Trickster" episode, either way it's going to be awesome ;)

:lol: Actually yes, Jared was in that episode. I wonder if the writers do that on purpose ;) I'm still waiting for a Days of Our Lives reference :p

I so want to see Cas, Chuck and Gabriel in the same episode :lol: that would be awesome! :thumbsup:

And about Jake, you never know ... they kind of were able to sneak Ash into the episode from last week without much coming out. We knew he was going to be on an episode, just didn't know when :)

Let's learn some ghost Martial Arts!

Tonight's episode! Holy Cow from the preview I didn't think I would be that good, I was impressed I'll have a review once I watch it again :D

Edit

Ah Lisa and Dean :O Seriously the only woman I liked with Dean besides Jo ;)

"Yeah I'm amazing," :lol: I don't know why I found that funny.

"Peachy"

"Melitia" :lol:

"I hate to tell you but those were Demons and this is the Apocalypse, so buckle up," :lol:

So many of these people are familar ;)

Brett Dier "Dylan" Was on an episode of Smallville called "Apocalypse" :lol:

Michael Shanks "Rob" Wasn't that Hawkman on Smallville? I didn't watch that episode only saw clips/promo pictures.

"Wedding, seriously?"

"Is that a 12 year old packing salt rounds?"

Yeah ... don't trust the "cute" girls Dean.

"you are the cutest, I mean that with total respect of course" :lol:

"You have reached the voice mail of..."
    "I don't understand why do you want me to say my name" :lol: The dialing :lol:

I giggled everytime Dean said "Padre" :lol:

"having backup" :lol:

"you saved my ass twice already, once more time you can drive" :lol:

Poor Dylan :( Dean does get sad when he's not able to save someone/protect them.

"No drinking, no gambling, no premarital sex. That just outlawed 90% of your personality."
    "Yeah whatever, When In Rome" :lol:

"Where have you been,"
    "Had a drink,"
    "Rebel," :lol:
    "I would have had more but it was curfew" :lol:

"Since Angels got the only lifeboats on the Titantic" :lol:

"It's pass curfew" :lol:

:guffaw: Drunk Cas!

"I got your message ... long message and I find the sound of your voice grating,"
    "What's wrong with you? Are you drunk?"
    "No ... Yes,"
    "What the hell happened to you?"
    "I found a liquor store,"
    "and?"
    "And I drank it," :guffaw:
    "Don't ask stupid questions" :lol:

"Where have you been?"
    "on a bender,"
    "did he just say on a bender?"
    "yeah he's still pretty smashed,"
    "It is not of import," :lol: "we need to talk about what's happening here,"

"what is she exactly?"
    "the whore,"
    "wow cas tell us what you really think," :lol:

"you breed with the mouth of a goat ... it's funnier in Inokian," :lol:

"poor example of one" Cas...

"You should probably just down the whole bottle"

"don't be so sure whore"

:wtf: So Dean's thinking of saying yes, I'm thinking that's why he was able to kill her.

Oh ... the whole part with Lisa and Dean Wow ... I'm sure something is going to happen to her and Ben, which will cause Dean want to say Yes even more. Then watch it come out that Ben is actually his :(

100th Episode Next Week:

Here's 3 SpoilerClips **Click At Your Own Risk**

Video1 Video2
    Video3 O_O
    Question: The recent synopsis posted about Supernatural’s 100th episode has me curious. Do you know who the familiar face is and what the angels’ new plan consists of?
    Ausiello: At the risk of someone sending the angels after me, the person is someone you definitely thought was dead and gone forever. And I can tell you how one trench coat-wearing angel plans to stop the apocalypse: beat Dean to a pulp.

Well while something in me wants it to be John ... maybe Mary (the real one) not one controlled by Zachariah. Maybe this is when they'll fit in Adam.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Oh man, great episode. Highlights include Cas' voicemail message and Michael Shanks! :D Yay, I loves me some Shanks. All Stargate SG1 nerds present and accounted for! :lol:

And at the end, I was of course yelling at the TV, "NO DEAN!!! DON'T DO IT!!!" :eek:
    Finally, they're getting into it. I think we should have some kickass episodes coming up, for sure. It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine. :cool:

10. GregNickRyanFan

Wait... Lisa's in tonight's episode? Are they trying to sell those two as in love? There hasn't been any build up at all and she hasn't been seen in years (since before Dean went to Hell), so I don't think I can suddenly buy that he's in love with her... so I hope they're not trying to say that. It's just confusing. After all this time she's suddenly on his brain's radar again? Huh? :lol: :confused:

In restrospect, at least its Lisa, at least the two of them mesh and at least she has chemistry with him. At least it's not a certain love interest from an ep that even Carver Edlund/chuck admits was horrible. :lol: And maybe just maybe this means that Ben is Dean's son which would make me very happy. :D

Yeah, I don't doubt that something is going to happen to Lisa. If Dean actually does love her then they'll need to kill her so that Dean will feel the pain that his dad and bro felt when they lost the women they loved. I think Ben will be safe though. I can't really see the writers killing the kid off especially if he's Dean's.

Clip one: At first I thought maybe this would be right before Cas beats the sense back into Dean... but after seeing the actual clip of the sense knocking, I don't think it is Cas. It could be Adam, but I don't know how Sam would know about that before hand or why Adam's presence would make Dean have sense again. :lol: So I'm guessing Mom or Dad... but then again how would Sam get access to them? No one is listed in the guest cast that is any help as far as clues go. :lol:

Clip two: Dean is so totally out of character here, I'm sorry. Under NO circumstances would Dean speak to Bobby that way. EVER. The whole "you're not my father" thing... that's just arseholorific and that is NOT Dean. Having him say he was giving up is one thing... but having him speak to Bobby in that manner is too much. That's way too low. He's starting to resemble that virtually heartless Dean from 2012 or whatever year that was that Zach sent him to. Surely Dean must realize that.

Clip three: Okay, I gotta say after how Dean spoke to Bobby in the other clip, he totally deserved this. :lol: Apparently a beat down is the only way to get through to him. :lol: This is so Buffy/Willow. :lol: I think after Tara died and Willow went all dark magicky, Buffy tried to beat some sense into her to bring back to her normal self. I guess this was Cas' "royally pissed off" scene. :lol: But surely beating sense into Dean is not also his "huge sacrifice to give Dean the chance to say no". Well, I guess Dean is basically Cas' best friend (or only friend besides Sam and Bobby) and beating sense into your friend like that can't be easy... so I guess that could be the huge sacrifice. I dunno. I'm confused. :lol: Nothing new there though. :lol:

11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I don't think that they're saying they're in love, I just saw it as more of Dean saying that everytime he did see a woman in his future, he saw Lisa. But to me, the only thing holding Lisa's memory to Dean is Ben, if it wasn't for him, Dean could care less. She was just that hot yoga instructor that he had a fling with years ago, who in Dean's eyes was only good for the sex :rolleyes: Cause Dean's said it himself, he's never truly been in love ;)

You have me wondering which love interest is horrible? The only person I can think of is Cassie ... cause yeah she was :p

12. GregNickRyanFan

See, that's what I thought. He didn't seem to be interested until he saw Ben. I have a feeling Dean still thinks Ben might be his, but he's keeping mum cause the angels might try to use Ben to get him to say yes. And even if Dean is giving up, he wouldn't want Ben to have to go through that. I still can't buy that Lisa has a type... okay I can buy that much of it... but I honestly think Dean's pretty unique... that kid is just way too much like him. :lol:

I'm not opposed to Dean/Lisa at all (they had pretty decent chemistry after all) In fact she's probably the only woman I could see Dean with lol ... I just don't want them to act like they're magically in love (if I had a dollar for how many shows I've seen do that "magically in love" thing I'd be richer than Trump LOL). I just like a little bit of a build up and there hasn't been one here. I think he's more in love with the idea of being in love. :lol: Or in love with the idea of having a family... a normal life. :lol: Maybe even in love with the idea of being a father. :)

So Lisa wasn't actually in the ep then just spoken about? Cause I was confused since she wasn't on the cast list. I'll probably watch the ep tomorrow night since I have nothing else to watch since Numbers is gone. :lol: And honestly I've stayed up way past my bed time as it is. It's 4am almost. I have to get up around 8 or 9... but after watching those clips for next week, I was just kind of too buzzed by the them to sleep. :lol:

yeah, that's who I meant. :lol: But that episode in general was basically one of their worst episodes. :lol: the plot idea was just weird. About as weird as the panty sniffing thing on CSI... only the spn thing can't actually happen. :lol:

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:lol: Yeah, I can't believe I even watched that episode of CSI to be honest :eek: yeah I put that episode of Supernatural way up on the bad writing/bad episode list of the show.

I didn't like:

# Bugs :wtf:
    # Red Sky at Morning :rolleyes: do I need to explain ...
    # No Exit (I like Jo/Dean parts, but didn't really care for the story all that much)
    # Hookman (I enjoyed the urban legend, but the episode didn't do anything for me)
    # Route 666 (Boo Cassie ... stupid story)
    # Road Kill (Boring)
    # Heart (Yes the episode was sad at the end and we got to see Sam in a hot way, but the episode just was blah)

14. GregNickRyanFan

Haha the only ones of those I remember the plots for are Bugs, Route 666 and Hookman. The other ones I can't remember at all. :lol:

What if the person coming back that we never thought we'd see again is Ellen? If anyone can knock sense into him it'd be her. And he better not even think of telling her "you're not my mother" cause she would definitely knock him clear across the room. :lol: Heck Bobby probably would have smacked him if he hadn't been in that wheelchair.

A thought about last week's episode:

It must have nearly killed Dean to know that his little brother's happiest memories are all the times he was away from Dean. I would love for the writers to put in a talk between the brothers where Sam tells Dean, "It wasn't you I was running away from. Never you. It was Dad. I would have taken you with me, but you were too loyal to him and you wouldn't have followed me." Cause I really do think it was John that Sam was trying to get away from, not Dean. And I hope that Sam tells Dean that. If he does maybe that'll give Dean some hope back... cause I think that just broke him... well that along with the God thing.

15. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

@GregNickRyanFan: Oh yep would love some touchy feely talk between the poor boys.

But on the other hand what I loved about last weeks epi were exactly their memory scenes.
    The scenes weren't that "bad" on an objective level but were full of the boys issues, really liked that.
    Sam never had the luck to expirience the whole happy family feeling, so he was probably a bit awed as a kid when he was with that family.
    And his love for independence, well he was with a dad and a big bro all the time, a whole list of "do and don'ts" (salt the doors, never go out alone) and for the first few years without knowing why ...so just being a kid and playing around with a dog , yeah happy time.
    Dean only sees it all as a rejection ,poor guy *hugs*.

And Deans mom scene: for Dean it was basking in his moms attention probably a bit more than normal 'cause dad wasn't around. (loved that as a kid ;)).
    For Sam who only knows his mom from some told snippets and some glimpses (ghost..) has her nearly glorified. So he doesn't see it as just a marriage fight and a kid hugging his mom to make her happy but as Dean having to clean up his dad messes.
    And we've only seen a few memories.
    Of course Dean was his Dad's little soldier in some way (but not as a 4 year old) and Sam wanted to get away from his family, but it's just so heartbreaking how it seems so much more wrecking for them both by only seeing the worst in each other memories.

Omg I'm still babbling,def. need sleep, don't know if it's even understandable ^^°

Ok I'll keep it short just have to add that Cas is totally smashing my heart by being so broken this week.
    And Dean oh Dean :(

But: yay Michael Shanks :D maybe he could debate with Cas a bit about the origin of Inokian and possible similarities to Ancient*tries to lure him back to SG1* :shifty: ;)