Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #15

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah I did not think Greg was supposed to be passing for a minor, just a raver. They mostly wanted to catch the guys for dealing to minors, who were at the club and well dealing drugs in general. And well the guys were busy dealing out the drugs when Greg came in so they really did not see him looking suspicious. Once he actually approached them he changed his attitude and looked more like he was just another party goer.

I uploaded that video to YouTube for those who might have had trouble viewing it before.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  2. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

Right, so my 2 cents worth: I don't think Greg was meant to be the minor. He was just there to get the drugs as evidence to prove that the suspects were indeed dealing real ecstasy. Later in court they can then say without a doubt that these two were indeed responsible for dealing drugs at a rave filled with minors.

Why Greg undercover? Felt odd, too, but I was just so psyched up about Greg doing something other than Archie's job that I can let it pass. But maybe it's because Brass didn't have time to find a suitable undercover cop and Greg was picked out of convenience (and besides, he knew how things at raves work).

*shrugs*

But Greg going all hero. *claps*

3. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

Yes about the hero thing! I loved Greg's quick thinking when the guy was about to get away and he couldn't get a signal! I almost squeaked. I did a little mental squeak at how cute he was. /cough. It was very good.

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Probably the reason Greg was "recruited" by Brass was because he was familiar with the rave scene. They needed somebody quick and Greg was the easiest pick for someone who wouldn't be too awkward in that kind of crowd. And if you look at the ravers, most where in their twenties. Only a few were minors. Greg can still pass as a twenty-something.

5. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

Hell if you put some of his younger 'hair' on him now, he could pass for whatever age he was when he started CSI :p That man aged WE-EELLLLL.

Something else I was thinking about which sort of doesn't make sense. Well I guess it can make sense in TV world where canon is about as solid as water and time means nothing.

Greg said he raved at that specific club "a long time ago". Now, depending on what "a long time ago" means to him, he was in Vegas and in the rave scene for quite some time. How could he have lived in California, lived in New York, gone to Stanford, and still have been at the lab long enough to be around before Season 1? Unless he was going to the raves while he was working at the lab...which could make sense since it's been 10 years. But it feels like the writers just forgot what they'd previously written about this character.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  6. PraetorCorvinus

Well, Greg has worked at the Lab for at least ten years. He's probably been there longer. We really have no idea how long he worked there prior to the first episode. New York may have been a brief stint during his teenage years. Again, he never said how old he was when he lived there.

I'm going with a Greg timeline that goes like this: Born in Cali. Moved with parents to New York briefly during teen years. Went back to Cali to attend Stanford and interned at the Crime Lab there. After getting his degree he moved to Vegas.

Also, he may have been going to raves while he worked at the lab in his early years. Just because he was clean and drug free while on the job doesn't mean he didn't partake in any recreational stuff when he had time off.

7. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

Plus, didn't he matriculate/graduate early? Something of a genius he was.

8. LasVegasCSI

LasVegasCSI Witness

a genius?? Oohh I do love an intelligent man! Einstein! Move Over!! Sanders is here!!!

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I did think the whole Greg going undercover as a younger person seemed very 21 Jump Street-ish. :lol: But, I agree that Greg was the best choice they had at the moment.

As for his moving from city to city, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say maybe his dad was in the military and that's why all the moving around?

10. PraetorCorvinus

Is there a military base around New York City? I honestly don't know. :confused:

Do we know if his parents live in California? Perhaps the move to New York was permanent (maybe job related) and the only reason Greg went back west was because he got accepted at Stanford.

11. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

12. PraetorCorvinus

Thanks! I've never been to NYC. I appreciate the link. :thumbsup:

13. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

You are very welcome! I was born and raised here in Brooklyn, New York, and have driven past the Fort many, many times. I never thought about reading up on it though, until you asked that question, so thank YOU! :)

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think your theory is probably as close to one as it will get. Plus when he lived in NY, we do not know a lot of details. He could have been living with some relatives at the time, maybe during the summers or something like that. There is a lot about Greg we still do not know.

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I was thinking the same exact thing! I loved 21 JumpStreet (not to mention Johnny Depp).;)

I don't think it was because of the military, maybe Greg was just traveling, seeing a new city before he went to work? Maybe someday we will know, doubt it though because that would mean the writers would focus on Greg.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.