"The Panty Sniffer" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Mar 26, 2010.

1. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Alright, let me rephrase that first one. Guys without extremely odd tastes in... well... anything.

I stand by the second one. :lol::D

(though I fear I have said too much :shifty:)

2. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Well, technically, Cath wasn't the one attacked, she jumped the guy. It just didn't work out the way she hoped. :lol:

3. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I really like this episode. I loved Nick, he was great. That scene with the cheerleader, so funny. I also really like Ray and Nick working together.

And Catherine and Vartann, they look great together. And Vartanns name probably is Lou, I remember Greg calling him that in the episode "Gone Death Train" in season 9. I don't remember anyone calling him Tony. But actually it's not that important.

There was a great chemistry in this episode, between Nick and Wendy and off course between Catherine and Vartann. But I always keep saying, the romance department shouldn't get the overhand on "CSI", because it's still a crime show and not a soap opera.

Season 10 hasn't dissappointed me yet, I love it so far!

4. lil_janie

lil_janie Hit and Run

I liked the epp. It had some holes, but nothing too much. It was fun to watch, especially how all the guy and girls worked together. I love them, they were great.
    And Nick blushing... Priceless :lol: I didn't think he can do that anymore. I didn't thing it could be 'acted'. And yet, George proved me wrong ;)
    Greg was way too tense. He smelled 'out of the place' miles away. Those guys giving away the stuff must be really stupid. Or just didn't care.
    Brass on the party, in a suite :guffaw: I don't have the words to describe how much I like him.
    Anyway, it was a nice way to say a bit more about the characters themselves withoug turning it, as someone said, into a soap opera. Cath and Vartann (whatever his first name might be) are so good together. She saved her man, and he saved her. He hasitated bacause there was so much at stake, and I don't hold it against him.
    I even liked Ray in this one. Though he did look a bit overly entusiastic about the whole panty thing, at least his expression did (gross, but than again - different people, different tastes). And no, I don't think that was vulgar. It was... Okay with me. Even us old ones learn something new from time to time - never knew that kind of fetish exested.

Overall, this season is very good, at least for me. I enjoy it so much - almost as much as the fifth season. Can't wait to see how it'll end.

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Since when do the CSI's go undercover? It was an ok episode but that's about it.

And as much as I adore Greg, I agree he seemed out of place in that club. It was just too funny to take seriously. :(

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  6. lil_janie

lil_janie Hit and Run

I thought the same about CSIs, Wojo, and that was that 'hole' I mentioned. it could be said that they needed them, because Cath waited for those guys to leave the room and than go and take a look. What Greg and Archi were doing there in the beginning is beyond me - did Greg went along with him to keep him company as Archi set up the cams? I can understand why he was needed, but not Greg.
    And sending Greg to the party - maybe he was the only one that didn't screem 'cop', but then again as he was so tense, he could have ended up in a pickle. I'm happy that lady luck was on his side, as well as Brass and a couple of uniforms.

7. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

Someone mentioned why Archie knew the girl didn't have panties on, and I thought it was obviously because he fell down and saw down her skirt from his vantage point on the floor.

Also Greg did look extremely tense. Maybe he's just not used to undercover work :p But I loved it anyways, cause it added more tension to the situation.

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I didn't really think twice about CSIs doing stakeouts or going undercover. It's happened so often in all three shows that I just figured that in the CSI world it's part of their job. Just like interrogating, raiding, arresting, etc.

I've been trying to figure out why Vartann paused. I suppose that it makes sense that either A) he didn't want to hit Catherine or B) the guy was close to his son's age. It just seemed like the camera was trying to make us think something else, something more dramatic or suspicious or something.

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well, I am still not sure, myself, on whether or not I enjoyed the episode. Sure it had it's moments, but it also didn't. I did enjoy Cath and Vartann's case more so then Nick and Rays, but that really isn't surprising given the case.

I had a feeling that the kiss shared between Cath and Vartann was just a cover up. As much as I would have liked to see it be more personal between the two, I never had that gut feeling when I first saw the promo video, and for once, unfortunately, my gut was right. And like the rest, I too have to question Vartanns slight hesitation in firing his weapon. I just hope it was solely due to the fact that the struggle between Cath and the suspect didn't give him a clear shot until he took it. But I was wondering, why didn't Cath just point her gun and yell; "Freeze" at dude, or something like that, instead of attempting to tackle him to the floor.

LOL, even though Hodges wasn't in this episode, Archies comment to Greg when they reached the security area made me laugh. Something along the lines of Greg getting to stay where all the action was, and he was being sent back to the lab with Hodges.

10. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

I agree Tciddaisc. I really don't get why people are so up in arms about it all! It's already been established since Season 1 that CSIs do undercover work and a whole lot of strange and unrealistic things in CSI land.

I think the writers want us to think he paused because the kid reminded him of his son. Which may cause some drama/rift between Cath and Vartann which will then bring them closer together later...dunno. Personally it seemed more to me like a hesitation about killing the suspect in the case. Because then they don't really have leverage to roll the two guys against each other for information.

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm also going with the idea that he didn't have a clean shot. He was waiting to make sure he didn't hit Catherine. The relieved look on his face afterward said it all to me. The hesitation also could be that he never killed anyone or watched someone he cared about struggle with someone right before his eyes.

I'm guessing they didn't have them run into each others to build that tension. It's sort of more believable with these two than to have them rush up to each other, embrace and kiss, etc.. I actually liked the better the way they had it.

See this is another reason why CSI needs to be on at 9. So I can sort all these things out. ;)

The unrealistic part of it, is that why didn't he hear her tussling with this guy? That's the part that made me go..HMMM why did they 'dumb' him down???
    And why didn't Catherine yell for Tony?? :confused: (I'm sticking with Tony rather than Lou. Lou is our daughter's nickname, I can't call Vartann that! :shifty: )

Okay, the Greg going undercover part. Yea, I thought it was humorous just based on what he wore. Greg has got to be in his 30's why would he try to act/look younger??? Don't people in their 30's go to Raves?
    CSI's do go undercover. Didn't the FBI ask Sara to go undercover to catch the Strip Strangler in Season 1? It's not that unrealistic if you ask me.

12. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

I think Vartan hesitated because it wasn't clean shot too. Any bullet fired at that close of range could have gone right through the dealer and into Catherine, right?

Greg's outfit made me laugh. No one else looked like that. He looked like an extra from a Vanilla Ice video.

I love Nick. I think I need cheerleader's outfit....

Tobin

13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

That started in season 1 actually: remember Sara trying to catch the Strip Strangler in the grocery store?

Or, remember Greg undercover to buy those rare coins (or whatever that was).

Actually, there have been a number of instances like that through the years.

In this one, I understood the need for Catherine (or a trained CSI) to be watching the monitors. She knew what clues to look for during the process of the guys making the E, and how long, etc. Plus, knowing how to clean up the aftermath, and preserve the evidence.

Also, Greg & Archie planting the cameras. There were a number of cameras to install in a short time. We know Greg has extensive knowledge of electronics, so it was logical for him to help Archie.

14. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

The FBI wanted to use Sara as bait. Remember that this made Grissom so furious that he got suspended. He thought that the uncover job was just to dangerous. :scream:
    This was before TPTB decided that GSR had been going on forever. ;)
    LaSquisita

15. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

I have to say that I loved this episode (though the whole 'sniffer' part of the show was.........icky). I loved the the opening, the tension, the suspence at the end and in the club.
    Personally, when I change my underwear, they go in the WASH, not in a vaccum sealed bag for my "fans" :wtf:...(I think that line by the event planner in the flashback was what disturbed me most about that storyline).
    I loved Nick's face as the light dawned "Oh...oh.....OH!"
    ladyhunter-great point about a missed opportunity with no Hodges! I did not even think of that until I read your post.
    kaylyne-I was pretty offended by Vartann's comments back in season 5. It was the reason I was not too thrilled with this pairing at first, but as long as he is good to Catherine, and makes her happy, that is really all that matters.

I love Greg. I wonder if this may be the start of the 'new job' for him. He seemed to enjoy the rush and the having to think fast and act faster. Greg was still not in this episode nearly enough for me (that is three episodes in a row). I sincerely hope he will be featured more in upcoming episodes, and oh boy, would I love to see at least one episode that focused on him.