**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

While I understand the irritation at Ryan being seen as the bad guy, I can see the dramatic potential. I can see it, but that doesn't mean I see it as good. Ryan has always been a good guy. He's been an awkward guy when asking Natalia out, a sweet and sensitive guy when dealing with Calleigh and her father, even extending to the internet harrassment from Cooper, he's tried to be a friend to Eric, who sometimes was receptive and sometimes not. Ryan is just not a bad guy. He's a guy that maybe makes the wrong decisiopn where people he cares about are concerned. He tries to protect, but goes about it the wrong way and it colors him in a bad light. Ryan is a good guy and I wish the writers would stop.

In another light, something I would love to see more of is Walther and Calleigh interacting. There is already a heavy layer of underlying humor where the two are concerned. It's a visual humor and I'd love to see it fliourish where appropriate. He's huge, she's tiny. There's funny in there. He's 6 foot 6 and she's only a tiny and very petite 5 foot 3. There's so much potential for physical humor there. I hope they go the funny route every now and again. The show could use a little lightening up.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  2. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

The fact that they already leaked that Ryan is in trouble indicates to me that he is not the one who is guilty and getting fired. Why would they release their ace in the hole this soon. They have to be holding something back in order to get people to watch. I am not concerned about Ryan.

3. lausi_GM

lausi_GM Dead on Arrival

It's definitely NOT just you, hun! I love Ryan Wolfe to bits, but I cannot bear to watch anymore what they have done to this character. This (awful) team has NEVER supported him or trusted him fully and I'm fed up with it as well. I just don't see them turning Ryan into a good guy or a hero for ONCE. They (evil writers) just won't do it. They keep trying to make him into a bad guy which he NEVER was in my book and NEVER will be.

It's all just utterly frustrating and it has been particularly bad THIS season. I mean seriously, they have degraded Ryan to be a tag-along of the new guys. In most eps he appeard clueless as to how to do his job and needed "WALTER guy" to explain things to him... Ryan the village idiot? I mean, c'mon, this guy has been a CSI for nearly six years and he's still not competent enough to crack a case on his own. No... we have Walter guy now to be the smart kid *head desk* :brickwall:

Gosh, I could rant on in length about this.

It's driving me mad! Ryan is/was such a great character and they (evil writers) have no clue what to make of him aside from turning him into the fall guy over and over again. I don't know if you people have listened to the interviews on the extras of the season 7 DVD box, where the producer said "everything good he (Ryan) does is turned against him" and Togo mentioned "I'd be surprised if I'm not the Heather Locklear of CSI Miami". And even Emily mentioned he's the scapegoat. WHY??? Seriously, WHY THE HELL are they doing this? WHO wants to see that?

And when they mentioned "the big betrayal Horatio faces and where he questions the loyalty of his team and the future of at least one CSI is threatened" recently... Me too, I thought INSTANTLY that's going to be Ryan!

I really don't want to watch that anymore! I don't want to sit and watch them destroy a great character, so I totally understand where you're coming from when you say you'd rather see Ryan leave than staying on and being the bad guy all the time.

Of course I'll be sad if Ryan has to go, but it's really downright painful for me - as a fan of the character - to see him treated so badly without ANY support from this "sorry excuse of a team". And why the hell can't they make him the good guy, just once? He's never getting a break.

I'm not really that concerned that this might be the end of Ryan Wolfe, since this seems a set-up from the way the spoilers read, still... I'll be watching closely if FOR ONCE the team will stick up for him or if this will turn sour for Ryan again.

And I really can't see Togo willingly leave the show . He seems happy where he is. On the other hand, I would never have thought they (CBS) would get rid of Adam over negotiations either. So maybe now someone else has to go for Adam to return. Who knows?!?!

Sorry, for the long rant. It's just that I really, really LOVE the character of Ryan Wolfe (and who he used to be) and I cannot bear another episode where he'll be looked upon in a bad light again. :brickwall:

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I, too, am very sick of Ryan being made to look like an idiot. Come on people, he's a CSI and do you really think he would be dumb enough to keep evidence in his home if he took it. This screams set up. And it would be nice, for a change, to see him be the hero instead of the screw up. Ryan would NEVER betray Horatio because he has always stood by him when others have doubted him.

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Don't be sorry; I agree with you completely. Wonderful posting:beer::thumbsup:

These are a couple of the reasons why I think the whole thing is contrived, and why (in theory anyway) he should be supported by at least Horatio if not the whole team and Ryan should be cleared. I have to keep reminding myself that Walter and Jake are under suspicion too.

Here is a thought: maybe it was Jake who set Ryan up. Unless Jake is going to be a reoccuring character (like Tom Loman), and we won't really see him again after this eppie, I could see them having Jake playing both sides of the fence, worried about getting caught and framing Ryan to throw suspicion off of himself. Who knows?:confused:

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I would like it if in this episode we get confirmation that Cal and Eric were told what lead to the events in WISC (it'd be nice if we knew that they knew that Ryan did all of that because he was trying to save an innocent little boy's life) ... cause after that episode everything seemed hunky-dorry again. :lol: So it would be nice in this ep to hear someone say (bonus points for the writers if it's Eric), "Wolfe has his faults, but he would never do this".

But when this news about a lab investigation first came up, it was reported that Rebecca would tell Eric that Natalia was suspicious. And there's barely a mention of her in the spoilers, only a mention of her finding some piece of evidence in an investigation. So did they ix-nay the Natalia angle? Cause the girl really needs a storyline for a change. :lol: That little thing with her hearing wasn't enough. It was gone before the viewers really had a chance to think about it too much. :lol:

No, I don't want that. :lol: They gave Jake a decent send off last season. It'd be pointless to me to bring him back just to make him a bad guy. I'm still going with the theory that either Saris, Bruce or Sully (possibly Tara, I dunno) are involved... maybe all of them. :lol: or at least Saris and Bruce working together. They'd make the ultimate bad guy tag team. :lol:

But seriously, these writers have got to stop with the "these groups of bad guys come after our team members or try to get them to do bad things or frame them for things they didn't do" storylines. It's getting really, really, really, really old (yeah, that old lol). Why can't they just be CSIs/cops who solve cases? :lol: You don't see Vegas doing this whole "a team member is set up/suspicious" thing all of the damn time. They did it once with Nick and once with Warrick (well maybe twice if you count the gambling thing)... and they did it sort of with Greg when he had to hit that guy with the car to save Stanley Tanner. But they don't constantly do it season after season after season. These Miami writers seriously need to get off this schtick. Let's just have a normal CSI show with the investigators solving crimes and ix-nay all the "someone on the team is suspicious" crap. I'm sick of it. The same kind of stuff every season is boring to me. It's not exciting at all.

7. lausi_GM

lausi_GM Dead on Arrival

Amen! I'm so with you on that! If only they returned to what made this show so great once. I always thought they are at their best when they deal with "normal cases" instead of the constant conspiracy, gang-related, Russian-Mob and whatnot stuff!

It's a procedural show and it's much more interesting to watch them figuring out a murder case than going "against each other." It's just ridiculous.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

You couldn't have expressed my thought in a better way, thank you :thumbsup:

I swear that watching the last episode I thought "well next time, make him greet some people and he's done!!". Except for the heel scene (which, thank god, cracked the case), all he had to do in the episode was telling people to turn around or smile while taking pics of them :brickwall:. That is too ridiculous for a character who has a degree in chemistry and studied a lot of stuff on genetics as well. But then again they made him look everything but humble with that disgusting comments on farmers, so they can also make him stupid and arrogant :rolleyes:

I swear Lady I and I kept saying that it's going to be Ryan even before they mentioned the "big" betrayal. How big could it be, if it were Walter, Jesse or even Jake? In these last 3 cases, it would mean NOTHING to me :rolleyes:

I'd also rather see a talented actor like Jonathan Togo leave instead of watching him treated like that. I said the same thing when they misused Jake long time ago and you can't even imagine how happy I was when he left last year. Too bad they brought him back for what I'm sure is gonna be another ridiculous storyline for the guy and Ryan is gonna be yet another time the black sheep of the lab.
    I don't even wanna imagine Calleigh and Delko's long evil stares/glances at Ryan once they find out Ryan might be involve in all this mess. I can already picture Eric with that typical face he has like "I knew you were the bad guy!!!" and Calleigh who will only be able to support her lover :rolleyes:. Nope I really want Togo to leave the show instead of keep seeing him treated like this!

They keep saying no one will leave the show despite the new choice of bringing back Adam full time. In all honesty, I find it almost impossible to believe it. While I can still hope it will be Jesse or Walter, I haven't heard anything about Eddie Cibrian's contract and since I'm quite aware that the guy can't take a break ffrom paparazzi or journalists, I don't see how he will be the one to leave. Also because Jesse's position was cleared quite a long time ago.
    As for Walter,I don't think his departure would be enough to let Adam come back. I'm sure someone more important will be the the sacrificial lamb.

Well they already hinted Jake is a bad UC cop (like Ray Caine used to be)long time ago, they already hinted he might be an alcoholic (or at least he's a damn liar) long time ago. They also hinted he will die sooner or late because of his actions...long time ago. What next? He set up Ryan? They certianly kno how to create ridiculous storyline for everyone :rolleyes:. It would be way too moroninc even for a character like Jake who has always been pictured as the most moron of the world!!! :rolleyes:

I swear I really hope Johnny Whitworth won't be available for the episode 'cause I'm tire of seeing him treated like this. Boy, I feel bad both for Johnny and Jonathan.

9. lausi_GM

lausi_GM Dead on Arrival

There really is no shred of sense in ANY of this and for the life of me I can't figure out what's going through their (evil writers') head! That they turned Ryan into a side-kick and made him the tag along of Jesse and Walter is beyond words. Really. I was watching the first couple of eps of this season and was like "Who the hell IS that? For THIS is certainly NOT the Ryan Wolfe we have known for years." He has no ambition anymore, obviously needs other people (including annoying Walter) to tell him how to do his job and does hardly ANY lab work at all. Like you pointed out, he's an expert in Trace, but NO ONE consults him about anything. He's made out to be a genius in one Ep (like him planting false evidence in WISC) or him reciting the most complicated mathematical formular in one ep and then the next he's too stupid to figure out the most basic things?!?!

That is my main problem I have with the writers. That they have no direction when it comes to Ryan Wolfe. It all comes down to the fact, I think, that they really don't CARE about the character. I'm not so sure Togo does either?!? In a way, I don't blame him, since he's probably only doing a job as an actor. But surely he cannot be satisfied with what they gave him this season. He's such a gifted and talented actor, and it's a talent totally WASTED on this show IMHO.

I'd love to see him in other stuff, even though I'd MISS seeing him on a regular basis if he left the show, so part of me still hopes they (PTB) will get it right in the end (ever-lasting optimist, that's me ;)). But the way this season has gone, they (PTB) make it damn hard to keep hoping.

Back to Ryan, what really drives me up the wall is the fact that no one on this team seems to give rat's a.. about Ryan and again - for the life of me - I don't get WHY? Whereas they readily embrace all the new guys (just Horatio calling Jesse and Walter by his first name from day one is enough to make my blood boil... but that's another rant :lol:) they are equally ready to condem Ryan for each and every mistake he made. Always ready to think the worst... and I'll be really, really surprised if in this Ep it'll be different. Go on PTB surprise me and let them NOT suspect Ryan, make Horatio say with the SAME CONVICTION as he defended Jesse in the other Ep "We're trying to clear a good man". Let them stand up for Ryan and I MIGHT be convinced all's NOT lost with that show. (I'm an optimist, like I said, so I keep on hoping).

I also agree about Jake. Even though I never cared much for this character it would just be too lame and stupid to bring him back just to have him turn against one of Horatio's team.

Again, sorry for me still ranting in length here (I soooo promised myself I wouldn't vent my frustration anymore, but when it comes to Ryan, it hits a nerve EACH time they (evil writers) go out of their way to make his life (and mine) hell!!! :scream:

LOL... don't get me started on Eric/Calleigh. Seriously, with friends like them you need no enemies. If I had ANY doubts about that, they were gone once I watched WISC. The whole Ep surely was an eye-opener about these two. Ryan goes missing for half a day, no one cares. He literally has a "breakdown" in the middle of the day in the hallway of the lab - No one cares! (BTW... what kind of people WORK there?!?!) He gets tortured, is CLEARLY in trouble (didn't take a CSI to see THAT) - These two don't notice, don't care, NEVER ask... and by no means EVER apologize to Ryan afterwards... *shakes head at the insantiy of it all* Eric is jumping to conclusions, and Calleigh is ripping into him, listing all his faults and failures at a time when he needed a real friend (Kill Switch). I could go on and on...

Okay, I better stop now and instead try gathering my remaining positive OMMMMM and will cling to the last straw of my hope that I will live to see the day when Ryan Wolfe comes out a HERO! *huggles Ryan*:adore:

10. GregNickRyanFan

I really do get the feeling that it'll be different this time around and I hope I'm right. Given the nature of the way they find the evidence, they have to know it's a set-up. The cops may not know that, but hopefully H's team... Ryan's co-workers will know and will stick by him. :crosses fingers:

Having said that, I don't understand why the writers have to constantly make Ryan the one that is in possible trouble season after season. Don't they realize that people get tired of that kind of thing? :lol: I mean especially with all of these new people on the team... Jesse, Walter and to a lesser degree, Tom. And they still go after Ryan? :wtf: just :wtf:

On another unrelated note, I really hope that Valera will be back doing DNA before the season is over. One episode for a whole season is not enough for me as she is one of my favorites. :)

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Wow, you guys are on a roll! :lol: I love it, & I agree with many posts here -- too many for me to qoute & reply.
    On one hand I do like that there will be something for Ryan/Jon near the finale -- the 'supsicious' act is very old, I agree, but I will very much enjoy seeing Jonathon rip into character & show his stuff. While I think there are SOOOOO many other ways to show Jon's talents, we always see that he delivers incredibly well with these types of scenes.

On the flip side, it's the team (some of them) & how they treat him during the 'suspicion' that really tends to grate -- honestly that is my biggest complaint with this type of story. TPTB feel that they have to manipulate the other characters in order to make the audience think that person (usually Ryan) is guilty -- they do not HAVE to do that -- stacked evidence against 'said suspicious teammember' is enough to provide the viewers with wonder. It's the fact that in nearly every possible occasion, they have the team turn their backs to try & generate some kind of 'oooh yeah he did it' effect. Like we really buy into that crap. It doesn't work on me, as I'm sure it doesn't work on many others.

What would be ever so helpful is if TPTB would allow these people to freakin' aplogize! I swear, there are a number of times I can count where an apology was so very necessary, & not just with Ryan. If they could just throw in "I'm sorry I doubted you" it would make a big difference...but no, they just let it go & then try & make us believe that all is fine and dandy later. :wtf:

GNRF, I hope you are right, honey!! I'd love for this to take a much different spin. If it's true that Ryan is set up, or taking part in some kind of UC operation, than he's just a victim & shouldn't be treated as a criminal from his teammates. I want them to stand by him for once, & then all pull together to clear his name.....that's what a true & solid team would do.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, like Catherine did for Nick in "Boom" when it looked like there was a lot of evidence to make it seem like Nick killed Kristy. Grissom didn't really stick up for Nick, he didn't believe Nick was guilty, but he basically told him he should have known better than to get involved with a hooker... but Cath stuck her neck out for Nick in a big way, pleading with Ecklie to give her 24 or 48 hrs to prove Nick's innocent before ruining his career. If just one person in that lab stuck up for Ryan like that, I would be happy. I'd much rather it be someone who hasn't stuck up for him before like Cal or Eric, but I'd be okay if it were H or Natalia too.

13. lausi_GM

lausi_GM Dead on Arrival

APOLOGIZE! That is the keyword, hun! You are soooo right. I could totally deal with them being jerks to Ryan if they actually apologized to him and there were MANY occasions when an appology was called for! Them treating him like this and then go back to act as if nothing happened is so annoying. I really think, Ryan must be a saint for NOT holding all this against them. Either that or he's a masochist for coming back for more each time ;)

One thing can be said about Ryan Wolfe, he does NOT hold a grudge :lol:
    Otherwise he couldn't be on speaking terms with any of them.

I so hope that this time it'll be different and they WILL stand up for Ryan. I will be the first to cheer if that happens (in fact, I might die from the sheer excitment of it :lol:)

(There's just a constant battle inside me between being completely disillusioned and still hoping for the miracle of them finally realizing what a great guy Ryan is).

Well, as long as WE - his fans - know, my world is still a happy place :)

For the record: Ryan Wolfe you rock! :thumbsup:

14. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

For the record, Natalya did stick up for him when Horatio got shot and Eric was suspicious of Ryan's actions

However, I echo everyone's sentiments that they need to stop making Wolfe look like the black sheep of the Miami team. The only way that work time after time is if Ryan had some sort of James Dean personality but even then it would get old..

15. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yes she did. Natalia has always stuck up for everyone on the team - but especially for Ryan. I think we need to remember that Alexx and especially Horatio have stood by Ryan as well.

It was Horatio that threw jobs his way after he was fired. Horatio went to bat for him that got him is job back. Horatio tried to get Ryan to let him help before the gambling issue came down on his head and Ryan turned him down.

I really don't think that Horatio calling Ryan, "Mr. Wolfe" is meant in a derogatory manner. I almost find it endearing at this point. I feel the same way when I hear him call Natalia, "Miss Boa Vista." I think Horatio respects and trusts Ryan. After Going Ballistic and Resurrection I almost think he respects and trusts Ryan more than any other member of the team.

Agreed! Stop dumping on Ryan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.