George/Nick: Texan Charm #11

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

"Nick Strokes"!!! :guffaw: And just FYI, that's not a typo by Speedy, that's what the article actually says! :guffaw:

Absolutely no further comment from me on that one. :p

Yes, it's really cool that they took time out to do that. :) Looks like a cousin of one of the teachers there has had recurring parts on the show as well as CSI: Miami.

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

:guffaw: OMG, I didn't even notice that. :lol: Oh yeah, I just copied and pasted it. Someone didn't do any proofing. :shifty: :lol:

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I missed that but what I found interesting was the age that George said he got the job on CSI. It says he was 28. That would make him only 38 today :eek: I think it should have said he was 28 when he went to LA but age he was about 32 when he got the part.

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, he could have been thinking of Nick at that moment. :lol: The ages would be correct.

5. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I love when we get news stories/interviews like these. When I read them, I get the impression that he really enjoys working on CSI and that he knows how lucky he is to be a working actor.

6. Jacquie

I was watching and capping One To Go the other day and I got thinking on the scene between Nick and Grissom in Grissom's office. The line that got me thinking was Grissom's comment to Nick about being 'his best student'. I was wondering how much Billy Petersen had a say in what Grissom said to everyone. How much was Billy really saying to George here that you were 'my best student'. We know that George really looked up to Billy and I'm sure that George learned a lot and used what he learned as well.

Anyways just some food for thought :)

7. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

As i recall the line was changed to make it what it became onscreen so I don't know if it was Billy or George but one of them asked for it to be changed

8. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

I remember reading in a TV Guide article that Billy was originally scripted to say "You did a good job, Nick," but when they were shooting the scene, Billy said "You were the best student I've ever had."

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yeah, George said the original line was "You did a good job, Nick" which with the way Grissom was with Nick would have been typical Grissom treating Nick worse than he did everyone else.

It was Billy that changed the line, when they were filming, to "You were the best student I've ever had, Nick" and I think that was really Billy talking to George. However, Nick was Grissom's BEST student even if Grissom never realized it.

However, I'm glad Billy changed the line, I think it gave us a little insight to the friendship between Billy and George and how much Billy was a mentor to George. It was very fitting. :)

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I was checking margamania.net to see if they had the latest stills yet and I came across this video on filming the opening scenes of Family Affair. (I keep thinking of the old TV show! :alienblush:) Watch it all the way through - George is in it several times.

Behind the scenes of Family Affair

Sounds like he had fun filming it. :lol:

Susan

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:lol: Looks like he and Wallace were in the middle of filming "Appendicitement" when they were interviewed.

12. Jacquie

thanks for that blackflag :) and it does sound like they had fun. It's not the first time someone has called George a 'cowboy' :lol: Gary Dourdan called George that on the audio from 'Ellie' :lol: I loved the dirty look on George :lol: we know what episode they were filming when they did that :)

Thanks also to speedy and queenlynx for the answers about the lines in One to Go.

13. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

It actually makes a lot more sense to me if it was Billy talking to George, instead of something Grissom would say Nick.
    I don't know if anybody else feels this way, but I've always thought that Grissom and Nick have this father-son-relationship, whereas Greg was (and is) more of a student to Grissom. It actually felt little undestatement to me for Grissom to call Nick his student. But that's just my two cents. *goes back to lurking*

14. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

I can see where you're coming from LionsHeart, but I personally think that in addition to the father-son relationship, Nick was still a student of Grissom's. I thought that line fit their relationship perfectly and no other line could have replaced it in that moment. And considering Nick had said "I'll never forget the things you taught me," I'm sure Billy thought that the "best student" line would fit better than what was scripted.

15. Jacquie

With the Grissom's student line and Nick's line about 'I'll never forget the things you taught me', it comes across as a personal goodbye between George and Billy which when you watch the scene makes perfect sense. George was getting ready to be teary eyed again if the scene had gone on much longer.

When you think back to season 4 when Nick started to stand up for himself, 11 Angry Jurors, that's when Grissom stopped seeing Nick as 'the son'. Nick stood up to Grissom and continued to learn from Grissom but as equals rather than student/teacher. I think that probably went both ways with George/Nick and Billy/Grissom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.