Eva/Natalia #3: More of the Beautiful Compassionate Bionic Woman!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

Greetings Eva fans! It's been some time since I have made a post as well.
    It was refreshing to see Natalia in a stronger role this last epi. I do hope this is the start of a trend, not to say I haven't had that hope before. I also like the fact that her character was out in the field doing the crimescene survey itself AND NOT JUST THE DNA STUFF IN THE LAB! Let's hope this is a trend.

A few of you have asked if Eva likes to dance. She certainly does! I do remember that her mother was actually a dance instructor. In a younger day that was Eva's ambition to be professional dancer but found it extremely hard to make a living. If I remember correctly she actually attended a school for performing arts, a well known one as well. Fate interceded and she decided to pursue and acting career. She has said in interviews that EP and herseld would absolutely love to do "Dancing With the Stars" but probably won't be able to because that show is on another network and they have to maintain contract obligations. What a bummer!!

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Thanks for the update Michya. I hadn't been over to that board in awhile....good to see our Eva back -- I love her avi of her & Joe too, that's so cute. :)

Interesting what she said about the show ....I'll put it in a spoiler box just in case --

"looks like one of the team could get fired by season finale" ....hmmm.
    Well, it isn't as if we hadn't been wondering this all along, but is this for real, or is Eva just stirring the ol' pot?
    Quite funny that she said 'hope it isn't me' :lol:

Also ...she said they had 3 more episodes to shoot before hiatus -- is that 3 more after episode 20? 'Cause I thought the show was doing 24 episodes this season. :confused:

Good to see you back Doublehelix. I miss ya. :D

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I sure wished I hadn't read that spoiler about Eva's post mjszud.
    Thanks for that info doublehelix. I could picture Eva doing DWTS.

4. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

^^^^^Ditto. I wish I had never read that post! Now I'm praying it's not her!!! I would hope not. Her story line is just beginning. Enless it has to do with personal issues like her marriage and just life in general. But if it is her, I will seriously not watch the show anymore!!! It won't be the same without her. I hope it will be Walter or someone. Now that Adam is coming back the producers don't know what to do cause they have to many people. And now they're gonna let one of their most talented actresses go. If that's the case. If it is the case, I think theyre gonna dig a hole and not be able to get out of it. Please don't leave Eva! The show needs you!!!! :) I like reading her blog though! Gotta love her! :)

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Calm, people! It doesn't mean that someone will indeed get fired....she said 'COULD', not 'IS' or 'WILL'.
    Eva is well aware of her own contract status, she would be the one to know if her character was getting the axe -- considering the way she talked about it, & joked about hoping it wasn't her, I'd say it's likely that the 'someone' is not going to be Natalia. It never fails when Eva talks about the finale it winds up having nothing to do with her character at all ...in this case, that's a good thing. :p

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Of course,I'm worried about another character too.So now,I'm only half as worried.

7. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Thanks to doublehelix for the info about Eva and welcome back to the thread. :)

Hmm...either they completed another episode or she will be MIA for another episode like we have predicted, so she has 3 while the rest has 4. Pretty gutted if it is the latter. :(

I was too happy to see that Eva posted to really put emphasis on what she said about that. Imo, Eva doesn't know everything that goes on and she can't be sure either. It is all up to TPTB & CBS to have the final say. It could be also that someone is fired from the team - not the show. Yep and, usually when Eva talks about the finale, it is about the story and everyone else, hardly ever about her own character. I am just glad she is happy to be on the show, as always! (TPTP & CBS need to clean up the mess they've created too). I can't help but be a little bit worried though but that's just me.

8. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

First, I don't mean to double post, I can't edit. This is my view on the spoilers:

Seeing the spoilers for the rest of the season, it is really, really looking the worst for Natalia - meaning that there is nothing....NOTHING going on for Natalia. No more, not even the slightest. Her story has been flushed right down the drain, when it is barely even half done or just the beginning as someone said before. (Our hope for at least one more is gone, we can stop dreaming too.) At this point of time, I am this close to giving up watching the show. Like many fans before, it is extremely hard to keep up with the show when Natalia only comes on for one scene or a few scenes that last barely 30 seconds. And this season was worse, she competely went MIA. Even the few episodes where she had a bit more to do, doesn't make up for her going MIA at all. Almost every single character gets at least one centric episode each season, not for Natalia, not last season, not this season.

With certain character coming back, there is always an obligation to give them the huge chunck and emphasis of storylines/arcs (also remember about wanting Jake back - here he is how quick :rolleyes:), never mind if they all have been repeated countless times.

I've never like the idea of the investigation of the lab. And now this whole idea seems to be taking up the rest of the season with a rather huge emphasis, even with Rebecca dying and someone trying to make Ryan a scapegoat (of course he is innocent, really what's new?). Also instead of Rebecca saying things about Natalia like we had before, it now goes to Walter, again no more hope of her story being address ever again!

I am definitely not looking forward to ANY of the episodes, and perhaps the season has ended for me already and the show too. It is not just not being able to see Natalia or her storyarc, the push factors are just much greater than the pull factors at this moment.

Well...sorry for the vent there guys...what a way to start off the week ahead.

I still wish the best for Eva/Natalia.

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I honestly wasn't expecting much before the season ends anyway, I'm still hoping it lingers into next season -- I'm not giving up yet.

There are a few ways tptb can throw some hints that her storyline is still in play. Yes, according to spoilers Eric digs into Walter's business, but what is posted in spoilers is not everything that happens in the episode. He could stumble on something about Nat to give us a hint on the direction of her hearing loss.
    It's said that he digs into the team's bank records (& Nat is part of that team)....this part next is purely speculation >> maybe Natalia is shelling out money for her medical expences. If she doesn't want everyone to know about her issues or what she's having to do medically (like possible surgery), she might pay out of pocket opposed to using her insurance. I could see this as a good way to make her look suspicious with all the investigation/trust hoopla.
    Guess we'll see. ;)

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

You could be right, MJ. Also, I seem to recall that Natalia lives in a rather upscale part of town - it caused Ryan to raise an eyebrow! ;)

They never did explain how she is able to do that. Maybe THAT will cause her a problem or at the very least be explained.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yeah, but I wonder at the time if tptb just threw that in there because it was the kick-off clue to her once being married -- the "not my first crime scene" was clue to the abuse. So, the upscale neighborhood could be long forgotten by now.

But, I had another thought -- it's kinda "out there", but not really new for this show. Maybe Nick is not dead & he's involved in the diamond theft ordeal?
    1.) He was a jewelry thief (see season 5 Internal Affairs)
    2.) It could explain why TPTB have resurfaced her past/abuse after all this time.

12. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I must be a fool to actually had a hope. Oh well.

Good that you not giving up hope yet MJ. Nice idea about Natalia using her own money to pay for her medical bills. However, I find it ridiculous how they can just dig into the personal bank records? Isn't that totally wrong or illegal, seems they are being treated as criminals and I seriously don't see any purpose or reasons for it. This whole plot just leaves a bad taste in me. Is this the only way they can think to bring the 'team' together?

As for Natalia living in an upscale town, I seem to remember that she once mentioned she had to keep her job to pay for rent? Anyone can confirm this?

Lol, Nick returning? I don't see why not by now, they can do whatever they like, no matter how 'off' it will be or how many times they have done it before.

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

There are days when MJ is the only thing that keeps me hanging in there with this show! :thumbsup:

I understand what you're saying about the bank records, Michya. But if Eric is truly investigating what they think is criminal activity by one or more members of the team, the state's attorney could get a warrant to break into the team's bank records in a heartbeat!

I don't remember the "keep her job to pay the rent," comment. But I'm getting old and my memory is swiss cheese. I'm sure someone will be able to come up with the exact quote and episode. ;)

I have no clue how they would do it, but Nick coming back would be extremely interesting. I'm telling you though, to get me to buy it they would have to do a doggone good job of explaining why everyone believed he was dead to prevent a "Dallas - Bobby in the shower" flashback!

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yep, you are correct Michya - at the end of 'Looks could Kill' Natalia & Nick had come to an agreement to settle the restraining order, Eric asked if she was sure that's what she wanted to do, she said no but that she needed to pay rent. It confused me some too, only because with it being such a large upscale house it's unlikely she'd be renting.
    But like I said before, knowing TPTB they have long forgotten that Natalia has a big fancy house. She probably lives in a one-bedroom shack now. :shifty:

On the Nick thing -- well, this is the power of television ya know. :p I always thought that there could've been a body-swap somewhere, like when Alexx told Ryan that she was about to cut open Nick for autopsy but then stopped & left 'cause she had found more evidence. Sure it would raise questions, but we never really got the answer on Raymond's fake death either (or did I miss something). Anyway, I'm not exactly convinced it is the case, it was just a thought to chew on. ;)

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Nick returning and not being dead would be shocking and possibly interesting. Maybe he has a twin or like that one dude did, paid someone to get surgery to look like him. :lol: Maybe Nick was involved in the Russian Mob or the Crypt Kings (remember them?) or some kind of criminal group and they had ties to get his death faked. Maybe Nat's big secret is she thinks she's losing her mind because she keeps seeing Nick everywhere when she knows he's supposedly dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.