Episode 8x18 - "Dishonor" **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Mar 19, 2010.

1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

(Futon Critic)

Promo - Thanks for posting bgnogan

Promo viewable outside US - Thanks hiphugger17

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Monday, March 22, 2010
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#818) "Dishonor"

WHEN HORATIO'S SON KYLE RETURNS FROM WAR, HE SEEKS HIS FATHER'S HELP TO SOLVE A MURDER, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, MARCH 22

"Dishonor" - When Horatio's son Kyle returns from war, he seeks his father's help to solve a murder, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, March 22 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
    Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez
    Jesse Cardoza............................ Eddie Cibrian
    Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
    Walter Simmons............................ Omar Miller

RECURRING CAST:
    Kyle Harmon............................. Evan Ellingson
    Tom Loman...................... Christian Clemenson

GUEST CAST:
    Brian Nassir................................... Ethan Rains
    Maya Farooq................................... Inbar Lavi
    Salumeh Farooq....................... Necar Zadegan
    Rahim Farooq........................ Navid Negahban
    Ahmad Salib................................ Assaf Cohen
    Glenn Harper.................................. Jeff Kober

WRITTEN BY: Marc Dube

DIRECTED BY: Sam Hill
    RATING: To Be Announced

2. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:cool:It's good to see Evan Ellingson back. First time this season, isn't it? I'm looking forward to this episode, hoping for some great dad/son moments.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, he appeared at the end of another episode and was doing a video conference with Horatio. But its his first ep where he's featured in a bigger capacity.

4. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

yeah waiting on Monday night here as well-Kyle has been MIA for too long now and we are looking forward to see the "deeper" side of Horatio that appears when ever Kyle needs him most...good modern s/l as well-the honor killings have been in the news with the more Muslims that live in the states bringing their customs good/bad with them could be at odds with American laws,etc...interesting to see how Horatio handles all that stuff..

5. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

If that's the case, I might take a pass with this episode and a shame too as I was looking forward to seeing Kyle again.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Looking forward to seeing Kyle/Horatio drama -- promo looks really good. Kyle looks so pitiful in that scene...the good kind of pitiful mind you. ;)

7. GregNickRyanFan

I kept thinking the name Ethan Rains sounds familiar, but I couldn't figure out why until just a second ago. I think it's because there was a character on BTVS named Ethan Rayne. :lol:

anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Kyle again.

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just watched a half hour of the episode, here are my thoughts...

Maybe I'm not giving it a fair chance, but it was so whiny and boring that I'm not watching the rest of it at this time.

The plot just wasn't gelling for me, the characters are unnecessarily overdramatic and because of the style of directing, I can barely see anything with clarity -- it's just frustrating to watch, to be completely honest. I know, it's CSI:Miami but for a show 8 years in, it seems to be showing its age.

I liked Kyle before this episode, now he just reminds me of Wesley Crusher from TNG. Meh, not a fan. I don't know how many more times I could have heard "He didn't do it!" before I started answering the television and questioning my own sanity. :p

This is probably the first new episode in which I've decided not to watch in its entirety. F from me so far. Maybe I'll change my mind if I decide to watch the rest of it later tonight and hopefully generate a better opinion of the episode.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

This episode was not bad, sadly this does happen in real life. Honestly, I don't blame the person who killed Maya's father. Not that I condone what was done but I understand their point of view.

It was great seeing Kyle again, I hope we see more of him in the future.

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

So far I am loving this episode. It's nice to see Kyle again as well. It shows continunity!

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Kyle knows Farsi? That's interesting and unexpected.
    Mr. Farooq (needs to chill out. The dude wasn't that pissed about the fact that the marriage was off.
    Of coarse it was the wife

I think burning alive is probably one of the most painful ways to go.

12. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

I'm not sure how much I liked the plot line, but overall I still thought it was a pretty good episode.

I have to say this, David C. has never been one of my favorite actors, and the often cheesy writing doesn't help, but I think this may be one of the strongest performances he has given on this series. This sort of thing is often over-acted (not necessarily his fault...I acknowledge that it's part of the Horatio character), but I thought he played the emotional side of this episode perfectly. I usually have one to two "oh brother" moments in episodes that involve Horatio plotlines, but I genuinely enjoyed his acting in this ep.

Still not a huge fan of the rest of the story, but I'll give it a solid B+ for good acting, Natalia having some lines, and nothing overly cheesy from our main cast. :)

13. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: at Kyle checking out the waitress. Loved Horatio going, "subtle". :guffaw: And Kyle saying "I think she likes me". Horatio: It's probably the uniform. :) Kyle: More like the man wearing it. :guffaw: Very cute scene.

The comfort hug= Awww. :adore:

Nat's shirt is pretty. :) So is Jesse's tie. :D

Horatio in labcoat! :D

I'm glad Kyle didn't keep the conversation with Brian from Horatio.

Ryan's blue shirt is pretty and that color suits him really well. :drool:

Kyle knows Farsi? Woah! Never saw that coming.

I knew it was the wife. You don't mess with a mother's child. Somehow I don't think she'll do a lot of time. I think a jury would probably sympathize with her.

The scene where the daughter was crying as they took the mother away made me tear up.

Love the end scene with H/Kyle. And that hug, Horatio holding the back of Kyle's head. The "I love yous". Just a nice scene. :adore:

My only complaint is that Kyle didn't get a scene with Ryan. I loved their brother-like moments in the past. Would have liked to have seen more of them. Oh well.

They sure like to have Ryan using the z-nose thing don't they? :lol:

14. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:guffaw::lol::guffaw:Excellent episode. Feasible story, believable emotions, good acting.
    Kyle's grown so much, as a soldier would after time in war zone. Wish we could see more of him. Horatio's much more in touch with his emotions. Opening scene was typical father/grown son banter; Walter thumping on Kyle spot on for Walter. There will be a lot of complaints of not enough screen time for other cast members, but this wasn't the episode for that display; should be saved for another time.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  15. calleighfan06

calleighfan06 Dead on Arrival

Loved the Horatio and Kyle scenes, they where very touching.
    I knew the mother was the murderer once I saw the heel hole in the dirt! But I do understand her thoughts on the matter

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010