Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Hey Dears!!!!!!!! :D (where is my NUT???)
    I tried to watch the episode but the streaming didn't work and i couldn't watch any scene complete :/ (I am not kidding , the video jumped) so i could't enjoy those Mac/Stella moments but i *do* know they can talk about nuclear Physics and they will still be deeply connected :D

Be back later

Debbs :D

ps: I found a good place to watch the episode YAY! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  2. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Dears and hey, beloved LAMM :), just have eventually managed to watch "Uncertainty Rules", great story and great to see La Boss Stella in command :lol:.

Thank you Perl for the link; Melina being hot and awesome as ever :bolian:. And thank you my dearest LAMM for all the superb pics and, of course, the pics of the much anticipated 6.18 :thumbsup:. Stella will rock the pool and show the bad guy who´s the real Rambo :lol:.
    Just a pity that we´ll have to wait for so long :scream::(.

Yes, I want it right now, too, why couldn´t they just show this epi before the long break?:devil:
    I think there´s no way that Stella´s emotional side could ever be overrated, because like you said her strongest moments were when she took a case personal, if this happens there´s nothing that can stop her from persuading anyone and anything, until the case is solved. So I can already imagine Stella´s determination and dedication in 6.18 to let justice win and find those answers that poor Marina could never find. Also Stella might think she owes it to the woman to find the answers, because obviously for years she was her only hope, she called Stella regularly, maybe not only to ask for help, but maybe simply because she needed someone to talk.
    And for those who might have a problem with Stella´s emotional cases: it´s not that she´s constantly just a bunch of emotions, she can be tough as nails and is very often, but I like it that she combines the right balance: sensitive Stella and Rambo-Stella :bolian:.

I know we´ve talked about this before, LAMM, but there´s just sooooo much room for speculation, like you say: a world is open for her story ;). Your theory might be true, and I like the idea that Stella´s Dad might be a Mafia-guy, because imagine the possibilities for good stories about this :D. Stella just innocently looking for her Dad and finding out that he´s a bad guy, it could bring her into the same dilemma like the story with her foster sister, though I´m not sure if she´d feel as much for her Dad as for her. Because she never knew him, she has no mutual past she could share with him and maybe subconsciously she might blame him for all that happened. Really I think she´s missing her Mom more than she ever missed having a Dad.

Have a great weekend, love and hugs to you and all Stellarinas :)

3. MelinaStellaFan

MelinaStellaFan Hit and Run

Loving the pics of melina she such a role modal to everyone;)

4. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Yep, I agree and that´s why she also gets a lot of praise from her collegues like the lady who will guest star in 6.18, who called Melina "a very generous actress".

5. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Hello dears and hello NUT, beloved NUT! :D

great story indeed:drool::drool: and having her like "La boss" in many scenes of several episodes so far is what is keeping me thinking she has been promoted, NUT!:p

i don't remember who mentioned there is an amazing scene in the pool. Enough reason to have that epsiode now:drool: and waiting until April....? (11 or 8 ?) doesn't make me a happy fan:scream:

you have said it so well, NUT. That's why you are my fav NUT. No, wait! maybe because you are the only NUT i know:lol:

I think Marina's phone calls to Stell worked as those files Mac had on his desk from unsolved cases (they were mentioned again back in 6.01. I remember because i liked the reference to them:thumbsup:) They were (phone calls) a constant reminder someone trusted Stella could find right answers to Marina's blank spaces or at least that's the way i think it will happen in 6.18:thumbsup:Now Stella will fight to find the truth not only for Marina and her brother but because for the friend i think Marina became after years of calling Stell

ummm this afternoon my friend Annie and I talked about this. She liked one of my ideas on Stella's dad being an Italian soldier (since Italians invaded Greece or they almost invaded it during IIWW) but i insisted with the maffia connection:p
    I think she wouldn't be thrilled if she found out her Dad is not in the right side of Law. She would be very p*ssed off. But i disagree she would feel nothing for her dad. She grew up as an orphan and i don't think there is an orphan who doesn't want to know their parents and having a lovely family. And Stella (when she revealed she was half Italian, Half Greek) was very proud of being them both. Only probably she feels more her Greek side because of her mother (and there is always a deep connection between a motehr and a daughter. At least in many many cases it happens that) or because she was raised at St Basil, and we do know that place contains many kids from the Greek Orthodox Church (I wish someday the cast could film there:bolian:) so her "greek connection" was stronger for Stella than to ehr Italian side. However it would be nice to see how she develops a link towards her Italian side:drool:
    i never had a doubt:thumbsup:

Liz -->
    she definitely IS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

my love to All

Debbie :D

Proud of being Greek

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hiya Stellarinas, and HIIII, beloved LAMM :D,

Yes, though it was never officially confirmed that she´s been promoted. But Stella seemed more in command than before and she does indeed have now an office of her own. Well, that´s what she deserves :bolian:.

It´s in the spoiler thread and the pics of 6.18 also suggest that Stella will fight in the pool and finally Melina mentioned it herself in this short interview clip in youtube. These scenes will rock, I´m sure and I suppose as a former synchrone swimmer, Melina will feel like the water is her second home- no surprise that the bad guy won´t stand a chance in the end :D.

Awwww, thank you so much :alienblush: :lol: and may I return the compliment that you are the sweetest LAMM and definitely the only speaking and writing LAMM I know :lol:.

I agree with you and I think we will see flashbacks of how Stella received the phone calls in regular intervals for years, so that we understand the link between Marina and Stella and why Stella is shattered when she finds out about Marina´s death and that she doubts very much that Marina committed suicide.
    Yes, that´s what I also think, that over these years and many phone calls Stella became the only person and perhaps friend whom Marina fully trusted on this and Stella probably also offered the shoulder to cry on and confide in for Marina.

Well, I really think it would depend on who and what her Dad was or is, whether or not Stella would develop deep emotions for him without being bitter with him. If he´d been a mafia man and that was the reason why her Mum left him or had to leave him and moved over to the States, then maybe Stella would indirectly blame him for the course of her Mum´s and hence her own fate: Her Mum wouldn´t have died if she hadn´t had to leave Greece. Stella might forgive him this after some time, but I don´t think she´d ever have such an emotionally deep link to him than she would have had to her Mum. Though GfD suggested that her Mum came for this restoration thing to the USA and not because she had to escape from her evil husband or something like this :D. Yes, I remember Stella used to mention with pride her half Greek and half Italian origins, but since GfD there´s no doubt that she´s mostly proud of her Greek side, since she found out that she was actually born in Greece.

Well, who would ever have with such a compassionate person? :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pics; the one with the Halloween hat is pretty funny :lol:.

Have a great day all, love and hugs :)

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Good afternoon Dears and Nut, beloved and tender NUT! :D

of course she does NUT! :D But i am curious when she was promoted:drool: (you know i hate no knowing:lol:) Also i wonder if we will have some flashback to the moment. I mean, i don't know if there is some ceremony or if they receive a notification and nothing else:eek:

Besides it was obvious this change in early days of S6 because i had that feeling since 6.02 (when she asked what was going on meanwile cameras were being installed in the lab) and later it was confirmed because yesterday i had teh chance of watching 6.07:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: how excellent episode! In many ways i felt it was so shocking like 5.14. I didn't feel this episode because the body and the accident (the scene at the beginning was SUPERLATIVE!). I felt this episode in the way it affected to the whole team , Langston included! I remember Stella's face at the beginning in the accident place and then later Mac's expression when Adam told him there were many fingerprints he found
    And i just found amazing the scene when Sheldon yelled to the doctor inside the interrogation room:drool:

Really it was amazing!!:drool:

(well, my point is Stella was with Mac when they talked to Langston. Yes, she is his best friend but she acted as she HAD THE RIGHT to be there:drool:

and probably it won't be that poetic but having Melina in teh water it will be like watching Sabrina again but with a more satisfied ending than "Into the fire"

i was kidding NUT!:lol: in a world full of NUTS, you still would be the sweetest NUT:thumbsup:

it's like what has happened in 6.07 when Langston said he didn't want to talk to teh girl's mother because it's too much stress. And Mac answered said he looked already under a lot of stress already (or something liek that). Stella knows how is to eb without answers and even without receiving those phone calls i think she was very commited to solve this case

I dunno NUT! do you really think Stella mou would save bad feelings for her father? No, i don't think so. Specially because her mom went to NYC just as part of an exposition. Nobody said she moved to there

And i know she is proud of being Greek and i am so happy she is happy for it:lol: but still a complex story regarding Stella and her father would be priceless

[​IMG]

8. starrybluemoon

starrybluemoon Dead on Arrival

Hey Guys:)

Im So excited for the Upcoming Episode!!!!!!! GO Rambo Stella:) The bad guy does not stand a chance!:lol:

I was once again roaming youtube and I found this vid
    Melina Kanakaredes - Maybe This Time (live!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8xBzgOf2VM

You guys might have already watched this, maybe:confused:?, but it was posted recently, so anyways... I thought you guys might wanna see it...
    This vid is SO COOL because Iv never seen her sing before so, yeah....she's so talented

Anyways, See you guys!

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Starry!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh Geezz!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I have heard before in GL and Providence but never "live":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Helloooooooooooooooooooo Melina portrays Stella and singing could be one of those"unusual" things producers have talked about:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Thank you for the vid:thumbsup: and yeap, we are all waiting for Stella episode. It's gonna be beyond incredible

One of those amazing, strong, emotional moments for Stella mas!:bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian:
    :drool:

thank you again:thumbsup:

10. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

´ello, Stellarinas and Buenos Dias, my dearest LAMM :D,

I´m curious, too, :D, because although it´s obvious that Stella was promoted and there may have been signs of it even in the beginning of S6, I´d love to have it confirmed officially, though I doubt they will show a flashback with the official procedure :(.
    Actually her promotion at that time comes a bit of a surprise to me, because after her Greek adventure I thought she´d rather get reported by Sinclair than promoted :lol:. Though she went off to Greece as a private person and without her badge, still it was surely without any official approval that she ran away to Greece without saying a word. But I guess Mac helped her a little and had perhaps a good word with Sinclair ;).
    Yeah, 6.07 had great moments, though it´s not my favourite episode of S6, and I really loved to see Sheldon as interrogator, he was brilliant :).

Ja ja, Stella had the right to be there, because she is Boss No. 2 of the team, adding to the fact that she´s Mac´s best friend :D.

Well, unlike Sabrina, Stella will survive, otherwise fighting for her life in the water will rather be Rambo-like than poetic, I think :lol:.

I know, I know :lol:, but thank you again :D :thumbsup:.

I think, I better put any conversations concerning 6.18 in spoiler tags, as there were complaints in other threads ;). Anyway, I agree, Stella is a dedicated detective anyway and always determined to solve any case and to take care that justice is done. But the fact that Marina called her for years regularly, will make this case personal and emotional for her and therefore she will put 110% energy into it rather than the usual 100% ;).

As I said, I think it would depend; if Stella would find out that her Dad was an utterly bad guy, not only for her Mum, but also for others, e.g. if he killed people as a Mafiosi, I´m sure she would have a lot of trouble to acknowledge him as her Dad and develop loving feelings for him.
    But like you said, there are no indications that her Mum had emmigrated to the USA for whatever reason, but instead she was just on a visit there for her job. So maybe Stella´s Dad wasn´t a bad guy at all, maybe her Mum´s family didn´t like and accept him, so he went away without a trace.

Thanks for the piccie ;) and thanks Starry for the link; I´ve heard it before, but it´s always so lovely to listen to Melina´s singing :).

Have a nice day all, love and hugs :)

11. Chaos79

Chaos79 Police Officer

hi, Debbie! so you're a sheep now? cool! :rommie:

i was a bit disappointed by her part in Percy Jackson's The Lightning Thief. Few lines...and the awful accent. Got my heart broken there. Sorry. :scream:

oh, and how's everybody?

12. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hi Chaos, now didn´t you know, Debbs is a LAMM (lamb) :D, so this is just a portrait of her- LAMM, you´re really looking sweet :lol: :p.

So back to you, Chaos ;): Thanks, I´m fine, and how are you?
    About the movie: in the end I couldn´t be bothered to watch it at the cinema, it will do for me to get in on DVD, considering Melina´s small scene. I hope the sequels will have more scenes for her.

Have a great day all, love and hugs :)

13. Chaos79

Chaos79 Police Officer

Oh, yeah. of course, LAMM(B)... well, her choice of it is pretty cute :guffaw:.
    And just so happens that i bear the sign of the sheep (Aries) and was born in the year of the goat (relative). Could it be Debbie's my distant relative? ooooh...

I'm hanging on to life and work, as usual (forced laughter).

I suggest to wait for the DVD. I was hoping for a conversation between Athena and her daughter there. Oh, well, hopefully it will be a saga.

14. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

I was born in the year of the goat, too, so maybe we´re all distant relatives, who knows :lol:.

Well, as Athena obviously has a bigger part in the other books, she should appear more often in the film sequels and then also talk to her daughter.
    Don´t know if the first movie was a big box office success, I hope so, otherwise there might not be a sequel.

Have a good week, don´t work too hard ;), love and hugs to all :)

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Heya Stellarinas and Guten Morgen, beloved and tender NUT!:lol:

I am glad to know your Spanish is as good as your German NUT!:D That's why you are my fav NUT:thumbsup:

see? that would have been a great opportunity, NUT! Because i don't know how the procedure is so it had been something interesting to watch:drool: well, it doesn't matter. In my mind she was promoted anyway and it makes me very happy:drool::thumbsup:
    Yeah! Sheldon is definitely one of my fav:bolian: i liked it because the doctor violated the oath he took when he became into doctor. Yeap, the excuse was he didn't know where those organs came from but he should have known or guessed the origin

So Sheldon was outraged because not only he committed a criminal act but because he violated that sacred oath he took too

:lol::lol: very funny NUT! still those scenes with Sabrina in the water were splendid so i think 6.18 scenes will be:thumbsup:

true. I think she gives the best of her in anysingle case but specially in this one. It's much more like a compromise she got receiving those phone calls every Monday. Like those files on Mac's desk, these phone call will be a constant reminder justice must be made:thumbsup:

or probably he really was a Maffia guy (I am obsessed. I read this Sunday more about Berlusconi and this situation in Italy :D ) and he had to leave because he was sent to another safe place. Specially if he was some capomaffia's son. In that scenario Stella's mom and Stella's dad never had a chance, even if they wanted to stay together. Because a vendetta would have reached Baby Stella and probably they tried to protect their unborn child. I know Stella mou wouldn't estimate her dad if he were mean but some how i doubt he is mean. yeah, probably he became the leader of the gang but maybe he tried to change things a little and maybe he didn't find out his daughter was an orphan after the accident

Kay-->
    so am I related to my beloved NUT and Kay??????????GOOD!:lol::thumbsup: Yeah, I knwo it's a sheep but i don't like self portraits that much:lol:

take care you all

The LAMM:lol: