Mac <3 Stella #19 - I won't give up if you dont give up.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Ghawazee, Jan 23, 2010.

?

Smackie NAME needed!

Poll closed Jan 26, 2010.
  1. Mac <3 Stella #19: Proving love can really conquer all.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Mac <3 Stella #19:"I won't give up if you dont give up."

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  3. Mac <3 Stella #19: "'Coz it all comes down to Christmas".

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mac <3 Stella #19: "I need a sign to let me know you're here"

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Mac <3 Stella #19: "Because i will be right here waiting for you"

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Yea I just read it too, I cant believe the writers really went down that road. I mean seriously, after the way she stomped on him. I've taken a few moments to think about the idea of Peyton's return, and the way I hope it turns out is that Mac isn't that much in doubt about how he is going to handle it, but needs a nodge away from her, which Stella provides by somehow reminding him how Peyton treated him. I dunno, I think it could make for an interesting scene if Stella, first of all was really chocked by her return, but then just let Mac have it for even considering her.

In others, I was just rewatching Veritas last night, and it struck me, all of a sudden, that Mac calls Stella when he escapes what's his name? not that it surprises me, I just came to think, that wouldn't he ordinarily have called Don or something like it, I mean, Don was in charge of most of the contact during the hostage situation. But he calls Stella, probably needed to hear her voice for reassurance or something like it. Couldn't stop smiling after I thought of it. And the look on her face when she realizes he is the one calling ^^ aww :3

2. Emilie

Emilie Victim

Well Mac and Stella will have a date, alone, in his appartement. That seams a real good news for us! I mean, what Aubrey will think about that?

And for the rest, if it was a way for make us doubt? We all think that Mac will have to choose between Mac and Aubrey, with Peyton's return we're not so sur

We don't have to be worry. She doesn't even say to Mac that she's come back to NY. That mean that's really over for her. She don't want to take him back. But this could pretty good if she say something like "I have always think that you will finish with Stella"

I'm totally agree with you Englebarn, in fact i think it's the same thing in "Turbulence" when she's the first person that he call. Mac always calls Stella before anyone else. And the fact that he uses someone else's cell phone to call Stella indicating he knows her number by heart.

I just love her smile when she heard his voice!

3. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

I just wonder Payton returns as positive character or as negative one?:confused:
    Is 6.22 - last episode on the season?

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thanks Steph for opening us back up!:thumbsup:

Not at all:) RelaxChiquita!:lol:

And Stella was well aware of that In that tender scene when she asked "Mac why havent you taken off your ring yet?" and he replied "I dont know because I dont want too". And Stella simply smiled and said O.K. and moved on. I loved them both from that moment on, and that was when I think Mac in his most vulnerable state knew what a friend he had in Stella. How hard to share such an intimate pain for a guy like Mac, but he took the risk with her by trusting her and that is why I feel it will be the two of them in the end because he will know she is worth the risk and the wait!:thumbsup:.... Not sure how long I can wait though!:lol:

There are 23 episodes I think so 22 is not the last one.

5. Sarcastic Queen

Sarcastic Queen Civilian

Realizing that "Pot o' Gold" would be Aubrey's debut, I was a bit reluctant to watch the episode. But after girding my loins and finally sitting down to it, I have to admit that I don't feel as threatened by this new-found love interest as I thought I would be. If anything, I see it as a good thing. Here's why.

I absolutely agree with Carolyn333 regarding Mac's relationship with Peyton, in that he always had one foot out the door. Whether he realized it or not, his heart just wasn't completely in it. When he was finally did something about it and took off to London at the end of Season 4, the whole thing backfired and Peyton left him. Just like Stella, once bitten, twice shy. That rejection from Peyton, like the men in Stella's life, taught him the dangers of letting someone else in.

But after "Grounds for Deception", I think we all noticed something noticeably changed in Mac and Stella's relationship. Are they ready to call it love? Perhaps not...yet. But I believe something tangible had formed. A strong bond had developed. They had grown closer. As I mentioned in my first post, when the Professor died, Stella lost a vital link to her past. Just like Mac, she lost someone very, very dear to her; someone whom she loved unconditionally. Perhaps that is the tangible aspect we all observed in "GFD": Mac's soul finally recognized a kindred spirit in Stella.

And with that recognition, he became much more open, more expressive towards her because now they both realized that they can be each other's support system, the system they thought they had lost. I think Mac now feels free to open up his heart to love again. I know most of us are bitterly disappointed that it's not Stella, but I think this new love interest may in fact be a good thing. Now that he feels that he has a safety net with Stella, he can dare almost anything. He's like a child discovering how to walk and the world is his oyster. But like all children, he may toddle away on a newfound discovery, but he will always find his way back to the safe arms of his loved ones. Besides, how else would he know that Stella's truly "the one" unless he experiences all those who are not? Mac's readiness to love again bodes good things for him...and for us.

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Heya Family!

Sarcastic Queen, i don't remember if i said Welcome but never it's too late if i didn't ! :D

mmm i never thought his heart was involved at all:p Virus was pushy and she made him feelt gilty as hell because he wasn't ready to give her more. Actually i'd say he would NEVER be ready to give her anything else:p
    Will Dailey's song was SO perfect to describe his state of mind that i still find it amazing. He TRIED to be the man she wanted him to be:rolleyes: (i have a déjà vù to another couple:shifty:)
    Do you remember his words back in Silent Night????

He is "commited" . It sounds like a synonym of being forced if you ask me:p

When he finally accepted to go to London i could see he was quite reluctant to accept it at first.He didn't jump of joy:lol: Me thinks a destroyed lab and the lack of rest made him take that decition;)
    Of course, we don't know what has happened in London but when he was back he looked like someone who had an epiphany:p
    We do know he didn't spend all his nights with her. And i wonder why since they did sleep together back in NYC;) Also he had a lipstick mark on HIS CHEEK. Was she so stiff she didn't want to kiss him in public when he was LEAVING THE COUNTRY????:rolleyes:

And regarding his feelings being hurt, i am sure the only feeling it was hurt was his pride:thumbsup:

Beautiful thought!:bolian: i guess from the moment he went to Greece it was a symbol he didn't want to loose her. Probably he didn't know why in that minute (i remember their faces when they met at the museum:drool:) but i am pretty sure he did feel she was more important to him than he could admit it in that moment:thumbsup:

Silverkat-->
    yes, it is..in my world at least:lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

UMM hey guys, I know there has been a lot going on in this thread lately with it being closed and reopened and closed again..

^^ This can't happen anymore!!!!

This is about Mac and Stella. NO more name calling, please!!!!
    If you don't like a character, so be it, but calling them names is never okay. Same with a pairing or ship, if you don't like them, don't go in the thread. There is always the debate thread if you really must speak your peace why you don't like a couple.

Please, once again, let's keep this thread moving in the right direction discussing Mac and Stella and their relationship.

8. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Uppssssss sorry Heather:alienblush:

I was typing so fast and i called her in the same way i always do in Facebook:thumbsup:

Sorry, i promise to behave:angel:

But i do think we can talk about Peyton here these days. She is pertinent as Mac's former gf and she knew Stella and Mac's dynamic which could have been an influence on her decition of staying in London. Her presence in NYC is a K factor for all characters involved and specially for Mac and Stella given the knowledge she has of their relationship previously and if Mac finds her, a posteriori. So i claim the right to talk about Peyton and her influence over Mac and Stella's current relationship

With this being said i retire me and my tongue to my cave(god knows i do like this storyline!)

Debbs:bolian:

9. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

Speaking of Mac and Stella's relationship, I do not find Aubrey as a threat to the relationship, especially after some arguments I've read in earlier posts in this thread.
    I'm just hoping that Peyton isn't going to be some big boulder between Mac and Stella, if I'm understanding correctly, when she returns.

10. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Piano

I agree, i feel she is interesting, NOT as a love interest for Mac but the role she plays in these last episodes of Season 6:bolian:

i doubt she is gonan be a big bug. Even if Mac gets lost again and he starts seeing Peyton again i doubt it will last too long, so no reason to run like a crazy chicken just because V...erm..I mean Peyton is around:guffaw:

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

As long as she's included in discussions with Mac and Stella it's okay to talk about her but IF the conversation turns to Peyton only, it will be stopped.

This will NOT be tolerated, you were told to STOP with the childish name calling. Just because it's hidden behind the spoiler cut doesn't mean it's okay. Would you like the thread closed again because that's what is going to happen if this behavior continues.

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Sorry Kinka

I don't think there is any chance this becomes into Peyton's thread ATL ALL;)

and regarding the V, as you say is childish but i was joking..if that is still allowed here:p

I am gonna say something on Mac and Stella, i have watched 6.07 and the impression they are equals at the office was stronger. All it started back in 6.02 when Stell asked what the heck was happening with those cameras in the lab. Back in 6.07 Mac AND Stella talked to Langston together. Knowing how professionals they are i doubt they did that just because they are the best friends. I think Stella was there just because IT WAS HER DUTY to be there. It was the same when she talked to Sinclair some few episodes before this one. She was capable of doing that and SHE HAD THE RIGHT to do that. Of course, nothing was confirmed yet but it's great how nothing affected Stella and Mac's relationship. Mac didn't resent that, on the contrary he seems very relaxed trusting and sharing his responsability along with Stella:drool:

I don't know what the heck happened between 6.15 and 6.17 and why Mac felt "open" to date again but i think we will discover it soon:p

And The best of teh best: Stella's reaction to all this when:

1) she finds out he is dating Aubrey
    2) she finds out Driscoll is back

have a good night kiddos;)

Debbs

13. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Girls. I'm so going to cry. I saw the news on Facebook and almost screamed out "NOOOO!!!!"

I was so optimistic for the chances of Mac and Stella possibly coming together, but now, my hopes are dashed. Broken into a million pieces. My faith in the writers is gone...

There were so many moments. The look at the end of Epilogue, the end of Second Chances with the hug, the race at the end of The Formula. It was all there...

I saw Grounds For Deception the other day and it just made me realize the relationship between them is so strong. It changed that episode. They became something more than just partners. It was a great starting point and again and again, the writers didn't act on it. I've been optimistic for awhile, but I'm not sure if I can make it through this...

14. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

Don't worry, this shouldn't last very long. I mean, I doubt a lot of people even remember Rose [but if that name rings a bell then I'm pretty shocked :lol:].

15. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

AXEL!!! My Friend it will be O.K.! :)
    Before you even finished your post you were reassuring yourself:thumbsup:
    SEE?:)
    Mac and Stella have been building into more of a friendship for quite awhile now and the fact that you read what I think you read on facebook(would put it in spoiler tags but can never get them to work and dont want to get into trouble!:lol:)is only going to make them stronger. Mac needs to have this opportunity to put that part of his past to rest. Stella has been growing closer and closer to him and yes in GFD they realized (or Stella at least) that Mac is all the family she has now. With that new level of closeness it is giving them quiet moments to think about how they feel. When you have a good time with someone and you go home for the day like Mac and Stella had for example racing, do you think they just dismiss it and go on? I think in there quiet down time they reflect on the times they share. Just like when Mac asked Stella if she was ready for the answer to the aids test and she said whatever the outcome she will live life to the fullest. He watched her walk away and then spun his chair around to look out into the dark of night and ponder. Although we dont know what he was thinking we know it had to do with the conversation he had just shared, so I think with all of these moments he has been sharing with Stella lately he is not going to dismiss them because he dated Peyton if he was so crazy over her they would have been in contact dont you think? and also he never did "Go after her" as was indicated with his conversation with Flack. So although we may not get full SMACK right away it is coming and if I am not mistaken (but I could be) the episode in which Mac makes his choice with Aubrey comes before that other one you are worried about. So how can she be the choice if he doesnt even know she is back yet? I still think Stella in danger is going to play a part in all of this decision making coming up! So keep the faith my friend our Mac and Stella are still closely intact!:thumbsup:......Yikes I've gone on abit!:lol:

I DO! Please pass the oatmeal!:lol:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010