Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. riddick

riddick Rookie

I opened up this page this morning at work and immediately went to see the photo -what you could call a really iron will..

My first take was, she finally made the first step. But I want to stay cool...I don't want to get all thrilled and then be totally disappointed, and not for the first time, I don't trust tv writers anymore lol...

But it looks like she's got a bit....emotional? upset? focused on Hodges? Plus, if you enlarge the picture, you can see there's something on Hodges' upper chest...is it her hand? Is she driving him away or bracing herself in order to kiss him?
    May I say I don't fully appreciate Cath and Vartan's kiss? It looks a bit too "theatrical" to me...

Maybe I'm just worried that one establishe couple could rule Wedges out...Oh no, not again!!!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I still think that the scene is just as they are parting from a kiss, but you can never really tell with clips like this. And it sure looks like Wendy's hand is on his chest. Hmmm, they are awfully close to one another. I think the expression on her face is more of a surprised at what they had just done...well more so then upset with or pushing him away.

Maybe he helped in clearing the way for her to become a CSI and like I said a while back, she goes to thank him and it ends up in a kiss. Perhaps he finally decided to risk it, for once putting the lab second and maybe he is the one that makes the move.

I don't think we would have to worry to much about that. Now obviously, I don't speak the CSI Gospel :lol:, but it's a gut feeling I have this time around.

The thing is, is that Vartann seems to be a character you only see once in a while. And while its him and Catherine, we probably won't be bombarded like other ships from the past. Again, this is only a feeling, but the advantage Hodges and Wendy have over this pairing is that both Liz and Wally are credited as main characters now....both in the opening credits, whereas Alex Carter (I believe that is the actors name who plays Vartann) is only a guest star. Personally, I think tptb's first priority is to focus on the main cast.

Don't get me wrong, Marg is the lead female, and is more then entitled to her character having a romance, but I still get this little feeling that there won't be to much to worry about.

Mind you, I'll say this now and it'll come back to bite me in the butt later :lol:.

3. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

Why Hodges don't moving?:guffaw:He seems froze to the spot...:lol:

4. riddick

riddick Rookie

Silverkat, I honestly think he is :lol:

Oh, BTW, what the heck must have happened to drive Wendy to break every possible rule in the lab? That intimacy where anyone passes by?? A previous fight maybe?

5. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

She probably amazed herself too by doing something like that in the lab...:p
    I just hope she doesn't read his freeze station wrong...
    Hodges probably doesn't believed that something like that actually happened.

6. DJRideout

I was thinking the same thing Riddick. But for some reason, to me, Wendy doesn't seem as particular over the rules as Hodges seems to be. But then, they both could have it in their minds: "Grissom and Sara managed to do it for several years, why couldn't they?"

So if this is indeed a kiss, what could have honestly happened between the pair to warrant it? Like Riddick mentioned, could it have stemmed from a previous fight? Could she have actually said something that really hurt Hodges and came to apologize? Or said something humiliating about him in front or someone else?? And perhaps it could just be her thanking him for something he said or did....for her.

With them, it could be anything :lol: But like the rest of you, I am trying not to get my hopes up to high cause I don't want to be disappointed in the end...but how can you not be a little excited? As they say, a picture says a thousand words and this one is screaming a lot of possibilities.

7. cat99

cat99 Hit and Run

Look Spoiler TV website.
    There is the title Csi: Las Vegas - 8 Episodes Left Promo
    Look video! :hugegrin:
    Surprise for Wedges!:adore::adore:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  8. riddick

riddick Rookie

As for Cath and "Tony" -whose name was barely known until he was seen locking lips with The Queen lol- I think this may be a device to provide Marg with a way of the show...I'm still firm on the opinion that if Jorjia hadn't been about leaving the show within a year, TPTB would have waited longer before giving a turn to her rapport with Grissom. Romances involving lead actors have few chances of developing for a long time

Back to our main interest: the more I watch the glimpse of the scene that we've been gracefully given to grind our minds on-oh, TPTB, you definitely know your job!- the more I'm convinced she's got something to be forgiven, or at least something to demonstrate..Maybe it's just that she's fed up with, how many?, four years of waiting? More probably, as DJ says, she mortified him once again and pulled it too far...The proverbial last straw...She's ambitious, and very aware of the respect and the appreciation of her superiors...Could she take the risk of seeing her efforts of making CSI vanishing if it wasn't for a very important reason? Like, say, seriously fearing of losing him?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  9. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

If it will be kiss, even if it will be only kiss in the cheek, I hope it will be "positive" kiss, not something out of guilt...:)

10. riddick

riddick Rookie

One of the photos from "Field Mice" shows Hodges and Wendy looking at each other with strange expressions....Maybe they're having an argue and the "kiss" comes after...I don't mind a bit of a tension between the two, I mean, 'though they act like kids -especially he- they are adults in their something more/something less forties and they do an extremely serious job...Conflict is quite normal, and it makes us see more of what their real feelings are -see You Kill Me and Space Oddity for example...

11. DJRideout

Yeah, I don't mind a little tension between Hodges and Wendy because its what makes the pair stand out from the rest...unique. As they've both commented on in past commentaries, and I believe especially the "Space Oddity" one, that the relationship kinda reminds them of a high school like relationship. All sorts of fun and tension...lol! But they better get a little more serious about it soon.

That promo pic made me curious as well as to why they are looking at each other the way they are. Perhaps he was getting a little carried away with whatever, in front of that group of students, and she kindly gave him a reality check. Cause we all know that she has no problem going toe to toe with him. Or it could be something worse which COULD...like I said and Riddick suggested, warrant the kiss in the end.

But I had a horrible little fear last night when talking to a friend. The thought suddenly crossed my mind as we were talking about how it seems everyone has some sort of relationship, on some level, except for Greg. She said that even Hodges has one, even if it's a massive crush. I simply replied something along the lines of Wendy being his fantasy girl...then it hit me. What if this little scene is just another little fantasy of his? LOL, I think I'd cry. Okay, not really cry, but I'd be disappointed!

I certainly hope that if there is going to be a showing of affection between them, that it is real and not something played out in one or the others mind.

12. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

I'll be begging that that scene was indeed right after a kiss and it wasn't some figment of the imagination, even if it is most likely from Hodges. :lol: Cause I see the expression, Wendy is all "oh, my, gosh" and even if you can't see Hodges' face, he is most definitely frozen there out of shock.

13. riddick

riddick Rookie

I honestly think it's real, for two reasons:
    1. the daydream fantasy leit motive has already been exploited; of course they may have kept fantasizing about each other in the last year, but as a plot device, that card has already been played

2. if it was one of Hodges' fantasies, I think he would be the one who makes the first step, in a very brave and cool way: he wants to be the commander of the ship, don't forget it! lol

14. DJRideout

You make a couple of really good points Riddick. I never thought about it like that before.

Now it wouldn't be the first time that tptb decided to use a certain scenario a second time, but with the same two characters in as many seasons? Probably not. So this scene in the upcoming promo is probably real (well tv land real...lol) as suppose to another fantasy sequence with Hodges.

And you're probably right. If this was indeed another fantasy of Hodges, he probably would consider himself more aggressive about making the first move on Wendy, given his overall demeanor. But on the other hand, he could have that thought of Wendy falling all over him...etc. Though that would probably be less likely then the first. :lol:

The worst is I hope it doesn't get over shadowed by cath and vartann's supposed kiss. I know that there is a smaller following for H&W, but still. Let them have their moment if it's gonna happen. I'm also wondering if the scene will be in the "Field Mice" episode or a later one. I'm guessing the labrat centric episode seeing it's focus will be the labrats....Hodges and Wendy mostly. And if that is the case, I wonder how Liz and Wally felt about the scene when writing it...:p

Another note...lol. This kiss! If it indeed happens, I will be glad that tptb didn't drag out the supposed relationship any longer then it has been already.

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Or the infamous : I have made CSI. We have to break-up - kiss. ;) Or ....we can never be together. It is too complicated kiss.:shifty:
    I know, we talked of the ship happing off screen. But if this is all we get I am not a happy shipper....:lol: