Vartann&Willows #1Vartllows:b/c This Guy..'Can Hit the Bowl'

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by FallenforGrissom, Jul 31, 2006.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Vartann&Willows #1Vartllows:b/c This Guy..'Can Hit the Bowl'

See that's why I like them too. He would treat her like a lady and I think he is a true gentleman.

Look at the episode Better Off Dead when he took her hand to help her down the ledge. Normally I wouldn't think she would need help, but because it was him, she took his hand.

I also loved Bang Bang when they went into the travel agency together he before her. Somehow I think although we all know Catherine can take care of herself, he went in first to some how protect her??? Possibly??? ;)

I want to see them kiss. Or have a good quiet moment together. I mentioned that I wanted to see them close and him comforting her similar to Gris and Sara in Empty Eyes. Perhaps that's what this kiss is about. He kissing her and/or comforting her after she has a hard time with the case. Those are my thoughts anyway about the episode they are in together.

Another thought is that they are in *achem* bed??? I don't know about that but it could be possible since they are in a hotel room together. ;)

2. electra

electra Pathologist

I do not want exactly Vartan to mellow her becouse I like Catherine as her strong independent self but to see her interact in a relationship where she can count on her other half.Like he may have children and can give advice with Lindsay.

3. ladyhunter

I don't think Tony would mellow her out or keep her from being who she is. I have to say though, she has mellowed considerably since becoming a supervisor. She seems more relaxed and sure of herself lately. Perhaps that is a side-effect, if you will, of dating Tony. ;)

He is so mellow, calm, cool and collected. She is driven and at sometimes a bit high strung. They complement each other, that's another reason why I like them together.

They are also in the crime-solving business so they understand the demands of each other's job. I can see them not having to talk at all about a case because the other would completely understand.

I'm interested, yet skeptical, on where they are going to take this. I've wanted them together for a long time, and now that it looks like it's going to happen, well it's unnerving. I hope Catherine and Tony have a good solid relationship and that it's he is a man she can count on.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

We've been saying that this is a guy she can count on and as long as I can remember he's always been a nice guy....so...I hope that the writers don't feel the need for the sake of drama and complication to create a storyline were he ends up doing something which becomes some kind of betrayal towards Catherine. Some writers, especially in the CSI franchise, simply love to throw drama towards couples way. And don't get me wrong, I don't mind a little tension here and there, but they sometimes create something so huge just to cause trouble that it's just blatantly obvious that it's for drama's sake and it makes me :rolleyes:. So I really hope that's not the case with them.

5. ladyhunter

I agree 100% with this. I hope they don't put them together just to have it end baldly. Why would they do that? Yea, a little tension is good now and again. We are all human and people are going to argue and disagree, but again I hope this isn't a huge disappointment for Catherine, giving her heart to someone she thinks she can trust, who can penetrate her teflon exterior just to have it end badly.

As you said hiphugger17, I hope it's not devastating for Catherine in the end.
    I hope he's not Dr. Jekyll or anything stupid like that. I really hope not. Yea, CSI writers tend to throw stuff at couples to create tension. That's not bad, but I hope that they don't turn Vartann into a serial killer. Or more realistically, I hope they don't expire their relationship in one episode. Meaning; I hope they don't have Catherine and Tony in an established relationship only to show them arguing and breaking up all in that episode. I hope I'm wrong but we'll have to see.

6. ladyhunter

There is a new press release from CBS about Catherine and Vartann. It says that they 'get closer' while working a case. I'm sort of excited about this. I wonder how much closer they get? :evil: And what does the 'kiss' imply? I wonder if we get to see Alex without his shirt on. LOL Just kidding.
    Catherine said she does like a man with a hairy chest... and well she might just get to see Vartann's. ;)

Link to spoilers from CBS.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

So if them being together in that hotel room is part of the network release it must be pretty important for the episode and for the characters :thumbsup:. That makes me happy ;). So they are supposed to be staking out this drug ring and somewhere in there they find time to share a kiss? :lol: Not very concentrated on work now are we?? :lol::lol: This is going to be awesome!

Thank you for the link ladyhunter :thumbsup:

8. ladyhunter

Hehehehe no kidding. Makes me wonder, what exactly they are going to be doing for 24 hours, and what they talk about. How do they get closer as the promo said???

I've been watching some episodes from Season 9. Catherine doesn't seem to be in many of the one's I've seen. I'm wondering if she was off making out with Tony?? :) :lol:

9. ladyhunter

So, the 'kiss' is now a reality and OH BOY! This video, courtsey of blagflag in the Vegas spoiler thread
    CBS promos

Boy, they weren't kidding about the kiss between them It's very hot.

It looks like they have a good working relationship. It makes me happy to see them work together and then to make out as well. Hopefully we'll see more of Vartann in the rest of the season and possibly into the next.

10. xcupcakefreakkx

xcupcakefreakkx Dead on Arrival

Ugh...

OMG OMG omg!!! Ah! Finally! I can't believe were getting a kiss..and something more? She was totally wearing his shirt. Can't wait for these scenes...when does that epi air btw?

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The episode airs April 1st. :D

That kiss looked totally hot! I knew their kiss scene would be hot, but seriously... I think that made my toes curl. :lol: She was wearing his shirt? How in the world did you catch that? Your eyes must be faster than mine. :lol: I totally missed that. :lol: And is it just me or does Vartann look hotter than ever in those clips?

12. ladyhunter

That kiss looked totally hot. And for a minute it does look like she's wearing his shirt. ;) Wouldn't that be awesome? Then we would know they are a cannon couple. :luvlove: But I think it's her coat. Catherine does look hot in leather, perhaps Vartann thinks so to so he has to pull her close .... :evil:

I'm wondering though, if she gets attacked (like we saw in the promo) before or after the kiss??? Perhaps the kiss is "Thank Goodness, you are okay" sort of thing?

And does anyone have any thoughts on when exactly they started seeing each other? Or how he asked her out (perhaps she asked him out :eek: )
    There is some speculation that is was between last season and this season.
    Anyone else?

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think it was after Sara returned and started talking about her relationship with Grissom. I think Cath realized she'd like to have that kind of relationship with someone. She probably went somewhere, bumped into Vartann and things just went from there. :) Do you think Cath will ever call him by his first name?

14. xcupcakefreakkx

xcupcakefreakkx Dead on Arrival

She better be wearing his shirt! I'm just assuming she is, at the beginning were they're at the hotel you can see he's wearing a white shirt and then Cath gets attacked and she's wearing a big white shirt. :drool: .

Have I gone crazy?:wtf: Idk..I guess I'm just too over excited.

EDIT
    Ok maybe it ISN'T his shirt...it's actually gray. :shifty: BUt a girl can dream :drool:

15. electra

electra Pathologist

And to think that I have to work that day!!! :( But I will be waiting for your comments.

I think they started dating this season.The relationship is new and that is why she was reluctant to tell Sara about it.She is more relaxed now,more at ease being the boss .Way different then when she snapped at Greg and Riley complained about her.I like to think Vartan is helping her a little with all that.