Season 7?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by FlackFan01, Mar 17, 2010.

1. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I haven't been on here much lately. I am trying to get back on here at least once a week. Anyway...

Does anyone know if the show was renewed for another season? I don't see it anywhere online, but I have high hopes. If a decision hasn't been made yet, when will we know? It's already the middle of March!

Thanks!

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

as far as i know at least some of the actors have 7 season contracts (specifically gary) so i would imagine it will, but you never know.

3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I believe AJ is contracted for a while longer too.:)

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It would be pretty shocking if CSI: NY didn't come back for a seventh season, but it hasn't been officially renewed yet, I don't believe. Neither have the other CSI shows, though. I imagine all three will be coming back.

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I certainly hope so! I loves me CSIs. Even Horatio and the Miami crew!

6. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I dunno if there've been any offical confirmations yet, save for a few early renewals, but several sites indicate they are expecting to hear about a few shows soon. Renewals perhaps, but doubtful of official cancellations before May. I'm of course keeping my suspicious fingers crossed even though I think it's pretty safe to say the show will be back :p.

In the mean time, there's a site like tvbythenumbers with early forecasts. It currently suggests all CSI shows will be renewed. (I've no notion about contracts for performers). I believe this site is updated weekly, unless there's a scoop or other press release.

tvbythhenumbers cancel/renew index

It does seem likely that NY will be renewed, but at this point, and with the kind of reinvigorated, wider development season now underway (especially in light of NBC's ...interesting primetime experiment this past season), I might not be surprised to see the show shifted from it's current Wednesday night 10pm slot.

Not much but it's all I got :lol:.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'm so sure we'll get season 7. If they are planning it to be the last (I hope not, I watch TV because of CSI: NY and LV.), it's fine with me as long as they are going to make that season the best on TV.

These last few episodes of season 6 will be critical and help me guess where we are going next season. If there's a big Mac/Stella development, well, as Melina said in one of her interviews...

8. dairiz_101

dairiz_101 Victim

Geeno do you know what interview dat was in? or anybody else know?

9. hammer227

hammer227 Rookie

IMO there is gonna be a season 7....ok since i don't knnow who want spoilers of this season and who doesn't i'll put the possible explanation inside the spoiler button...

so, i read that this season will end with a big cliffhanger...now it would be an educated guess say that TPTB wont end the entire show with a cliffy, i mean it has to have a proper end, something definitive, althought it wouldn't be the first time i see such a thing -like Angel for instance- but this desn't seem the case ;)

if there's gonna be a season 8 i really have no idea, i surely hope it will, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it right?

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Ooops, sorry dairiz_101. She said in one of her interviews that usually the two lead characters of a show are tied together at the end of the show. She didn't refer to CSI: NY, though. That is just a generalization.

hammer227, I'm so tempted to open your spoiler but I won't. :) I'm not spoiled at all but I'm very excited for the finale. CSI: NY finales are so great!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  11. hammer227

hammer227 Rookie

that they are, i agree!!! best fenales ever along with NCIS imo :) anyway there's nothing big in my spoiler button, you already know what i wrote in it cos it's pretty much what you wrote in your post ;)

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

personally i think that's likely regardless of mac/stella action; not necessarily the entire show but i think if it doesn't finish there may well be changes.

but y'know, it's merely a hunch, i don't have some kind of crystal ball or anything :lol:

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Me too! I hope everything that happens will be for the best! :)

14. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I am glad to hear that things are looking up for CSI:NY! I can't wait for the rest of this season.

Thanks for the link, Elwood. I'll have to check it from time to time!

15. ASCHATRIA

ASCHATRIA Witness

I'M DOWN WITH THIS,
    PRETTY MUCH KNOW WHEN THE SHOW HITS 7
    THAT'S IT..
    LOOK SOME OLD RUNS AND Y'LL SEE