places you want to see

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Nick3167, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

I was a senior in h.s. and went to Europe for spring break cause I was part of the foreign language clubs. I went to Paris and Nice ,France loved it all. and then to Zurich Switzerland and lastly London When we had to leave to come home I didn't want to leave I would love to go back to London again .

I would also love to go to Russia, Germany,Ireland ,Italy, Greece and Spain

2. allmaple

allmaple Judge

a lot of the places i want to visit centre around my new found hobby of diving:
    australia, great barrier reef
    fiji
    ecaudor/galapagos
    turks and caicos or nassua
    possibly south africa if i could get up the courage for cage diving

non diving related places:
    vancouver
    calgary for either stampede or show jumping at spruce meadows
    california (any part really)
    italy
    greece
    spain
    france (been before, but would like to go again)
    england
    maybe kenya/uganda whichever has better safari opportunities

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

So many places, but no money.

Hawaii
    Bahamas
    Australia (if I knew how to dive, The Great Barrier Reef)
    Coober Pedy, Australia - Opal capital of the world. I love how these people have dug their homes underground and live there. I want to stay in one of the underground hotels.
    San Diego
    San Fransisco
    Canada
    Cape Cod

Want to go back to London and UK

4. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

hmmm...
    Holland - it's where my dad is from

The Florida Keys

I want to go back to Miami with someone who has been there more than once and is more familiar with the roads...we went last spring but it went by sooo fast

California

Hawaii

Alaska

Galapagos Islands

5. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Well, I've been very few places outside my lovely city in Canada. The farthest I've been was NYC and it was amazing. I've been twice but I'd love to go again. I've been to Montreal for a day for my Grade 8 grad trip. That was fun. I'd go again.

Places I want to go:

Hawaii (Always have. It just seems like a really interesting place)
    Los Angeles (It would be fun. Plus random celebrity sightings would be a bonus :lol:)
    Florida (Especially Miami and Orlando)
    Las Vegas (When I'm old enough to gamble...otherwise it's no fun)
    Ukraine (I'm part Ukrainian, so I'd like to go there)
    Egypt (Pyramids = Awesome)
    Australia (Again, I think it would be a cool trip)
    London (Yep, just another cool place)
    Tokyo (I love Japanese culture)

And I'd love to see some more places in my country like Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton. Also, I was born in Toronto, but I don't remember living there, so I'd like to go visit there. Oh, and I want to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain or really any Six Flags park :D and Canada's Wonderland. And Disneyworld/Disneyland.

6. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

I will give you an idea about Vegas I have been there 8 times since I was 18 I just turned 34 and I find since I was legal to gamble it is not so much fun I had more fun the 3 times I went BEFORE I was 21
    but that is just my opinion I am not a real big gambler

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i've only been to vegas once, it was great fun gambling and not gambling! i left about £200 up, so clearly something went right :D it was like being on another planet, but i loved it :D

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I lived there for 3-1/2 years I had a good job, but it does make you nervous and strange, and it is a different planet for sure. Too much tempting stuff that lures you into a different world that's not natural. I got out, but some of my fondest memories ever happened there:cool:I did look for the CSI team but their sneaky snaky and post news that's not accurate so they throw you off track on ever finding where they are, believe me I looked:(

9. shiningsobright

shiningsobright Victim

Let me see, I want to see:
    Paris
    London
    New York City
    Santorini
    Athens
    Sydney
    Hollywood
    Miami
    Las Vegas
    Ireland

Gosh, so many places. I'm gonna need to learn two different languages in order to go. French and Greek. Wow.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

haha, good sleuthing work!!

i can imagine that living there would be too tempting for me, i'd want to gamble and drink all the time (not that i don't anyway but in london there's less opportunity for at least one of those!) - although i loved it i doubt i could be there too long, it would do my head in!

french isn't too difficult (although i'm doing a degree in it and at this level it gets a lot more complicated! who knew we needed a future anterior subjunctive!?) - at least the letters are the same in both look and approximate pronunciation.

greek is more tricky as the alphabet's different - i don't speak greek (well, a few words, i've been there lots of times so i've picked up a little), but i have an advantage in that i learnt russian and the alphabet in greek, although not quite the same, is *very* similar to russian.

11. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

I love traveling, but like speedystokesgirl said, no money:( so I have not traveled recently...
    I have been very blessed, growing up we went on summer vacation every year.
    We have been to some inspiringly beautiful places on our Earth, such as:
    Ireland (I am 3/4 Irish, 1/4 English, and 100% American:))
    England
    Turkey
    Greece
    Switzerland
    Canada
    Italy
    France
    Austria

As a native New Yorker, it is wonderful to see that so many people would like to visit us here! Just this past weekend, I went into the City to see a play, and I was struck by how much there is to do and see here. Even though I have lived here my whole life, I still get tingley (is that a real word?) when I see the lights of Broadway, still get the chills when I see The Statue of Liberty, and my heart still breaks and I am moved to tears when we drive by the former site of The Twin Towers.

:):(:)

Places I want to see:
    Egypt
    Spain
    Australia
    New Zealand (especially since I saw The Lord of the Rings)

Even with all of the traveling I have been fortunate enough to do growing up, my favorite place of all time? Walt Disney World! It is heaven on Earth to me! And, due to much saving of money and going without certain luxuries...we are going back to Disney in August! I am so excited, I cannot wait! I have not traveled since 2007, and I have missed it. Yay:)!

12. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

You've been in Sweden and Norway but not Finland? You really should :D
    And esp see countryside. North and then thru Osthrobotnia, what is flat like a pancake ;)

I've only visited
    Norway (well Oslo), Sweden, Denmark, Belgium (and hit 'n run in Netherlands), Estonia, UK and USA as in New York City. Going to Spain (Barcelona) next summer, also Latvia and hopefully Germany in November!

I really would like to visit Canada, Czech Rep and Slovakia and Slovenia and Austria and Switzerland... not so sure about France :p

13. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

another thing that annoys me sometimes is asked todo three things at once and be expected to have all of them done perfectly and on time. i just realized i pu this in the wrong spot. sorry aabout that all.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  14. lil_janie

lil_janie Hit and Run

I would love to visit Blue Lagoon on Island. And I'm trying to make it happen (saving money). Can you imagine - night sky above you filled with Auroras, snow all around, and you're sweaming through steaming water that looks like slightly blue milk.

15. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

First off I'll start with the places I've been too

Canada-all 10 provinces and 2 out of the 3 territories.
    United States-all 50 states. We've driven to 49/50 States. We're waiting for the bridge to be built between the mainland and Hawaii so we can add that one to the list of States we've driven too :D
    France
    Belgium
    The Netherlands
    Germany
    Switzerland
    Communist Russia
    Taiwan
    Hong Kong
    England
    Scotland
    Wales

Places I would like to go to