CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

Gee I thought we were talking about the picture in the upcoming episode?:confused:

2. FlacksAngell

FlacksAngell Victim

OMG!:shifty: You too? That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read it. Aswell as Oh-GOD-NOOOO! WTF Why? Why must they go those routes in these shows? Don't they know it got boring after the tenth time a show did it?

Personally I would find a little Rikki showing up scene to stir the waters or even better a Rikki with a little Danny-the-second showing up to stir the waters :devil: that would just make life and the show a little more interesting for all involved.

I'm not a DL hater (Just a DL married hater :confused:), but I would find that more interesting than a kidnapping/sick-baby-hospital storyline.

3. Hanbee

Hanbee Victim

If a kidnapping is what happens in the finale this season, I'm gonna lose interest. A kidnapping has happened most of the seasons now :rolleyes: and if it's gonna involve shane casey, let there be something really inventive. I'd like to know why shane targets Danny and why he has set his focus on him.
    The last thing I want to see in the finale is a poor little baby in hospital.:(

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  4. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks Perlnoir for the links and pics. :)

I dunno, kids. That could be a large take out bag from the deli, buuuuut, it's also similar in size and shape to ones they also use for Evidence...:lol:. Well. Ok. So it's lacking that stripey red tape and labelling. And so they look rather easy going and relaxed and happy, and not all official and chain-of-custody-esque. I mighta otherwise said mebbe Aubrey was bringing something from the ER to the labs. Like a weapon extracted during an emergency procedure or something. :lol:. Right. so, probably lunch it is...

Given how few episodes remain in the season and the hints we've at the kind of choice Mac will be presented with, I get the feeling they will move things along pretty swiftly between them too.

I suppose it's all about the amount of time they can afford to devote to it, and what the endgame of the arc is, ie. how to set it up. The rest of the season already sounds like it will be pretty packed, with an inevitable push toward Casey. Still. While I'm also not necessarily looking forward to the whole Triangle confrontation, the small scenes between them interim could be fun. Will all be interesting anyways, to see how they manage.

What a stilted season of broadcasting. How many episodes were ordered this year? 22? 24? An odd, odd season for flow.

Well, as I said, anything related to DL or DLL will seeeeeriously not. retain my interest over the course of an entire summer to await it's resolution. Not even if it's a "will they/won't they stay together" thing. That's soap opera, and criminally related only for a waste of time. Said my piece already on kidnappings, abductions, hostage takings, and all assorted related sundry. There's been little about either character that's been terribly compelling this season, unfortunately (IMO of course). And if DL is the best they do for material for both... What hope for either of the characters in S7. Assuming renewed etc.

Uh, hmmm. ...Any word on AB's contract for next year...? Um. Not that I'm necessarily suggesting anything that could be tied into a finale. I'm sure a) we'd have heard and b) that cash cow will continue on for some time.

There had damn well better be something more as a cliffhanger element than DL as the zomg factor. I'd even prefer Shane Casey continuing to elude the authorities into S7, if that's what it took. And the only thing absconded with that I'd like to see a resolution to is the matter of Messer's badge.

In the mean time, I'll bide my time while waiting for Stella's, Hawke's, and Flack's eps. All the more as there seems to be yet another way in 6.20 that Sid's being let out of autopsy to contribute to the investigation. 6.21 sounds like it could be a more conventional NY ep, though I wonder if they'll return to Hawkes' professed interest in the "sweet science," (mentioned way back in S2, I think); also sounds like the next step in setting things up with regards to Casey and the finally. Scuse me, the Finale... :p

April for a new ep, huh? Right. Well. Lemme mark that down then... Mebbe I'll remember to tune in again. It's gonna be a slow coupla weeks innit. (And June for Lie to Me? ...Dang).

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Looks like Madchen Amick won't be sticking around long. She was just cast in Hart Hanson's (Bones) new Pilot Pleading Guilty as the female lead.

Here's the link to his tweet in which he announces it (I guess this is the formal way of announcing things these days?).

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Well, that sucks. :( I mean, it's good for her, but sucks for NY.

7. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

^^ Well, guess that pretty much answers how Mac decides... :lol:. Well. Assuming Guilty gets a decent order, etc.

Thanks for the snippet :). THR ever so briefly mentioned a wee something about it Tuesday: THR.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

But if I remember correctly it was suggested that she was not going to be on that long anyway.:)

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, like Lori said, Madchen was only announced as a recurring guest star in the first place - I never figured she'd stick around long-term.

Besides, there are any number of ways she could be written out. Those spoilers about Mac 'choosing' between her and someone we know just seem so vague and probably misleading that I'm not convinced at this point. *shrug*

10. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

I agree, there are a million ways to get rid of a character and who knows what the writers have in store for Aubrey? But I don't know what to think of this Mac-has-to-choose-between-her-and-???- thing either... sounds quite fishy indeed. I guess, we can't do anything but wait for more spoilers. It's not the first time the writers managed to fool us...

11. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I never figured she be around long term either. I dunno if the show's been doing that 3-ep thing they did last year, but I kinda figured Aubrey's involvement more in that sort of vein, especially for how late in the season she's come into the show.

As for how she'll be written out and this Triangle whatado, who knows. Sounds mostly like the sort of tidbit the producers want to have people chew over and talk about, keep people dancing, yada. I can't think they'd give away the whole scenario so as one could truly guess how it would conclude even before it's even been presented :lol:. No doubt there's to be at least a little something more in store. Hope so anyways. With having to wait nearly a month for the next episode and an uneven season, I'd really love the last handful of shows to really elevate their game.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  12. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I was a bit skeptical about that whole thing. How many times have they thrown things out there just to never follow through. I'm still waiting for the promise of a girlfriend for Hawkes as he was the one who was suppose to get one anyway not Mac:confused: HHHMMM maybe he will pick one up in prison!!:devil::lol:

And PLEASE PLEASE NO baby napping AAUUGGHH!! Or Lindsey napping for that matter:rolleyes: Maybe Danny was referring to his CSI family.

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, me too, although it's kind of a shame as so far (based on not a lot yet) i quite like her, i sometimes wish they'd give new characters more of a chance.

14. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I know whatcha mean. I like what little we've seen of her as well. Gotta say, however, that I'm not certain this was ever about 'giving a character a chance' :). I'm also doubtful at this point they'd intro a long-term recurring character, at least not w/o that testing-the-waters short stint first (hullo/g'bye Haylen), and who knows if this was intended to be such. Seems like it was always carefully prepared shorter arc, but who knows. Open-ended perhaps, in part dependent upon future availability, which now looks less likely. Still curious about the remainder of her time in NY regardless.

Belated congrats to Machen Amick on landing the pilot btw.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, i get the impression this was meant to be a short stint too - especially as you said with it coming so near the end of the season - but on a more general level i think maybe there's such a thing as listening to viewers *too* much.

the whole haylen thing bothered me - there was a contingent who were out to dislike her either way, she could've been fantastic but would never have stood a chance. the writers put her in for, what, a few minutes of two eps, that is *not* enough time for anyone to make a judgement - i wonder if the writers/producers listened to the backlash too much and just gave up on her. i think maybe what they should've done is kept her a bit longer and said "tough" to viewers, and made sure that we as an audience could make a more rational opinion about her, and not just a kneejerk response to the fact that she wasn't angell.

i guess it strikes me as a bit odd that they don't have the courage of their convictions at least enough to give new ideas a working chance, instead just being swayed by what are often petty reactions on the internet.

yep!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.