Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

That is an interesting idea, that now that she's not calling her kiddo anymore means she sees her more as an equal friend than a little sister. I agree with csinynut that now that Lindsay is married and has a baby she's not the little sister anymore. I think it was the whole baby and marriage thing that maybe really changed their relationship so they're equal now. What I loved was that Lindsay once again showed her trust in Stella when they were at the hospital and Lindsay told her how she was really feeling and why she was so nervous. I think for a person like Lindsay speaking that out means a lot. And I love how Stella listened and told her she would be fine. This support was lovely.

2. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Speaking of showing trust, I wonder why Lindsay didn't trust Stella when Lindsay said she had a friend who is pregnant and works in a lab, and asked if it could be dangerous. When it was Lindsay who was pregnant and 'no friend'.

3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

My theory is that Lindsay was careful because Stella is her boss and the pregnancy could mean consequences which she maybe was unsure about. And maybe she was still hesitant to share it with people. Like she told Danny, Lindsay was overwhelmed by it as well and maybe she was still not ready to announce it yet.

4. Hanbee

Hanbee Victim

Wow. Nobody has posted here for a while!
    Those pics are really nice. I agree, she should dress up more often on the show :)
    For once in my life I might get people talking - What would everyone like to see for Lindsay in the finale?
    IMO I don't think a Lindsay/baby kidnapping would be the best choice. I 'd rather see her help Danny out of a situation, but thats just my opinion :D

5. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

LOL, hope and TV shows are never a good mix, never :lol: That said, I’m absolutely hoping too that if they have to run with a kidnapping-storyline, Lindsay helps out in a really constructive way.

On that note, I’m also perversely hoping that she gets slammed by Mac (or some other superior) for the badge thing. Yeah, it’s Danny’s issue, and she's not the only one hiding it. But the way she's helping is so not constructive. And if they let her slide on breaking protocol to help him again, I might have to scream. The first time was okay, twice a little iffy, three times is definitely a pattern, and I’m really wondering -- and yeah, hoping :p -- if getting yelled at by Mac is the one thing that’ll break it. It seemed to work in "Like Water for Murder".

About the Stella and Lindsay thing, my take was always that Lindsay didn’t feel comfortable sharing something that private with her (presumably, before she started showing) – but had to, because Stella was the safety inspector and that was a question Lindsay really needed the answer to. So, the friend story. The turning point on Lindsay’s privacy issues with Stella, IMO, came in “Greater Good” (because to me it felt like she was really spilling stuff she normally wouldn’t tell anyone, in that scene they had).

Way to go, Hanbee! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  6. Hanbee

Hanbee Victim

I'm not too sure I know what I'm doing with the quote button thing do I'm just gonna do it the old fashion way :) help would be greatly appreciated :)
    "I’m also perversely hoping that she gets slammed by Mac (or some other superior) for the badge thing. Yeah, it’s Danny’s issue, and she's not the only one hiding it. But the way she's helping is so not constructive. And if they let her slide on breaking protocol to help him again, I might have to scream"
    I hope :lol: she gets chewed out by Mac too. Lindsay and Flack have covered up Danny's mess , when really the ussue could have been sorted on the first episode, had Danny not decided to take it upon himself to sort everything out.
    I agree, Mac has let things slide with Lindsay a bit too much and it would be good to see the consequences of their actions.

ETA: I wonder how old Lucy is. She was 10 months in 6x04 I think so she has to be over a year surely? It would have been nice to see a first birthday party or something :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  7. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

If they go with the kidnapping thing. I'd rather have Danny get taken than Lindsay or Lucy. The whole kidnappiing angle seems a little boring to me but i thought Edward Furlong as Shane Casey was a really interesting character to watch, so I'm hoping we'll have at least some entertainement out of that;).

If this is what happens, i 'd loved to have Lindsay at the forefront. I've said it before, i 'd like to see her use her intellect to get out of a bad situation. I'm not expecting a miracle tho.

As for the badge thing, the longer it drags on the less credible any king of resolution will be. Lindsay and Flack should have reported it, and Danny be damned. I hope Mac will not let this go...

8. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh oops, I totally forgot to post my thoughts here. :lol: I...well, don't really know what I'm wishing for. But I agree with you guys that I want her to be in the forefront. I'm still dreaming of an episode where she could lead a case.

And I agree with you, Maya, I found the scene in Greater Good very interesting. Like you wrote her in your awesome fanfic, Lindsay isn't a person who reveals too much about herself. Obviously in this scene she felt like trusting in Stella enough to tell her how she was thinking about being a Mom. I can totally see how all those thoughts were rushing through her mind during her pregnancy and then she just had to get them all out. :lol: I love how Stella reacted to her and tried to reassure her. There's just something in this friendship I really love.

Yesterday Turbulences aired here and this also means Sex, Lies And Silicone is next. I just realised that in both episodes they worked together quite a lot. That was awesome!

9. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Hold on a second, is there really going to be a kidnapping situation?. Or was it just an idea you got? Feels like I am missing something here. Either way, it would be too similar to Snow Day. I loved that episode, and don't want to see anything similar again. Especially not with Danny and Lindsay being involved in it that much this time.

I loved 'Sex, Lies and Silicone'. The best parts are when Lindsay and Flack visits a guy with three dolls, as they needed to borrow one of the dolls to get some DNA samples. When they come out on the street, Lindsay starts messing with Flack. It was just a joke, but she made him embarrassed when she started asked Flack very loud why he dumped her for a doll :lol: And when Stella and Lindsay worked in the lab, with the doll when Adam came in and wanted to help. As he was fascinated by the doll. They didn't need his help though. But I loved how they talked about the doll and touched it when Adam left, as he didn't get the chance to touch her. :lol:

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Speaking of forgetting to post in here...:lol:

(Lol, thanks btw :alienblush::adore:) They had a lot of cute moments in S5 (Stella and Lindsay, I mean), but that might be my favourite. Because while I think it was one of the few times Lindsay's anxiety won over hiding her feelings, I still doubt she would've spilled her fears to just anyone; it was important that Stella was the one to be there, for the scene to work as much as it did.

To be honest, I'm still crossing my fingers against a kidnapping of anyone :p If there has to be a DL spin on the finale, I'd rather they focus on action rather than soap-drama, but if they can do that in an original, interesting way...I mean, Shane was pretty damn creative with his murders and his framings back in S3 :lol: I'll be insanely disappointed if kidnapping is the best thing he can come up with now.

I love catching old episodes on TV :lol: On that note, as annoying as a month's worth of S6 reruns have been lately, I will say that it's given me an opportunity to compare how different Lindsay was from S2-early-S5, to how she is now. I don't know, looking at the early season reruns on Spike, it really comes across how much more energetic (and I've gotta say, generally happier) she was back then ... this season Lindsay has been coming across to me a bit darker, less cheerful and quirky. Hope I can explain this correctly; it's not that she seems depressed, but she's so much less bubbly. This could be because of zero demonstrations, but I've also noticed there's a lot fewer smiles and she rarely takes the chance to run with playful moments the way she used to (ie, the ones you guys mentioned, plus a few cute ones in "One Wedding and a Funeral"). She still has the energy this season, but it's just different. She seems a lot less "rookie-young", for one, and while I've always seen her as fairly dark, she seems a lot more jaded, sometimes a lot angrier even. I watched "Happily Never After" a couple of days ago, and comparing it to Lat/Long and Manhattanhenge, it was downright weird. In a cool way :lol:. Like she "grew up" in between, in a way, so to speak.:lol:

I don't know if it's on purpose, but I remember what was said about that transition in Stella and Lindsay's relationship from S5-S6 (Stella not calling her kiddo anymore because it might be hard to think of her as a "kid" after all that's happened between S4 and now). And I'm wondering if the same transition has played out (and perhaps still playing out) in Lindsay's character...which might explain thedifference. That, or Lucy really is taking a toll on her, draining her energy :lol: Don't get me wrong, I really like this "new, older" Lindsay, especially if they can actually go somewhere interesting with her. Kind of miss the old her, though.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  11. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:lol: Yeah, we should remind each other of posting, huh? :lol:

You're more than welcome.

Oh, absolutely! It was just too funny. I love how as Lindsay, Stella and Don got to see the dolls for the first time, she couldn't stop grinning. :lol: But awesome was also when she and Don had to get Melody from this guy and she was all serious and acted like there was nothing weird while Don looked like he would explode every second! It's one thing that's really cool about her; she stayed serious and all. And then her little show. :lol: Hands down, that's one of Lindsay's best moments, isn't it? Such a spontaneous reaction, I think Don had no idea what had hit him and I bet he never imagined she would do something like that!

Same, I hate kidnappings and we had them more than enough.

I also believe she has grown up, or how ever else you wanna call that. I think for various reasons. She became a Mom. We all know the pregnancy wasn't planned, so she had to adjust to that pretty quickly. I think having a child is a major change and so is being married. This also came across in her reaction when she was talking to Stella in Greater Good. She's invested a lot of thinking into how it would be like to have a baby and I think she's aware of all the responsibility she has now. I also think that Danny's time in the wheelchair also affected her a lot though. We never got to see that (for whatever reason!!!) but I think it didn't only affect him but her as well. She had to help him a lot I guess, also had to deal with how he was feeling about it and with her own worries. I guess even though she was encouraging Danny so much in the premiere, I guess Lindsay had her own worries as well. Plus then all the work and the baby. I would have loved to see how she was handling all that, possibly she could have looked stressed and exhausted and then could have told Stella how complicated everything is. This could have been another moment which would have been interesting and nice for their friendship and we would have seen the two of them interact. I guess the whole situation at the bar and what it led to could be another reason why she is 'darker' this season. Once again, I wish they would have extended this storyline, to show us how Danny deals with it but also how Lindsay deals with it as I believe it wasn't easy for her either. It would have given us a chance to see her interact with others like with Stella as well because I think maybe sometimes she would have liked to talk to someone outside the whole situation. Does that make sense?

12. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I think I can count the number of current CSIs (from all three shows :eek:) who haven't been kidnapped on both my hands, and have fingers left over. There's something so wrong about that.

I don't know, I myself am not really seeing stress from Lindsay so much -- since she's had her fair share of off-days this year ;) not to mention Danny was back on his feet in record-breaking time. Comparatively, since 6.05 she's hasn't been dealing with much more than any other regular working mom would be dealing with. What I'm getting is almost a sense of disillusionment. I mean, she's never been Pollyanna, but this season it's more pronounced than ever. She's more subdued (*headddesk* that's the word I was looking for last night!), and it's made her edgier. As to why...

I definitely think the bar shooting played a hand in the change, and I so agree that parts have been left out of this storyline that might explain it. What's bugging me is that I'm seeing the change, I'm loving the change, but can only guess at what might be the concrete reason for it. It's driving me nuts :scream::p It could be anything -- like you said, the unexpected pregnancy, Lucy in general, being a mom, Danny-in-a-wheelchair, maybe her marriage isn't what she thought it'd be (few marriages actually turn out as expected, I think), the bar shooting...actually, I'm so looking at that last one as a huge part of the reason.

Obviously, the bar shooting would've freaked everyone and anyone out -- but even in her "action" years, Lindsay's always been more Grissom-esque lab-based CSI than she's ever been a cop, and while she handles high-risk situations fine, I'd say the lab is what she's more used to, as opposed to those high-intensity situations. So I think the shootout would've shocked her out of her safety-bubble, maybe made her realize she can't just view perps and suspects as obscure pieces of a puzzle that rarely affect her one way or another. Even if Angell hadn't recently died/Danny hadn't been caught in the crossfire. Both of those things, though, might've jarred her even more into realizing that. I mean, back in S2-S4, Mac was often telling her things like "you have to realize the character of an individual is part of the evidence"... and well, I can't really picture him having to tell her that sort of thing these days, because she already seems to take that old advice very seriously.

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

This is pretty much what I mean; the storyline was too short. In my eyes, if it had been longer there would have been situations in which she surely would have been stressed. I would have been happy if they had given her more screentime also, but I think I said that like a billion of times already. :lol: I think if they had made the storyline longer, there would have been a lot of interesting moments for her; not only as part of the ship I mean, but also as an individual character, while interacting with the others.

Oh, I agree with you on all the reasons, Maya. It could be all of those, which pretty much explains why she changed so much (and why Stella possibly stopped calling her 'kiddo'- it doesn't fit anymore). I think the shooting definitely must have affected her a lot. I mean, aside from the fact that it scared all of them and all characters responded to it in their own ways, Lindsay already had experience with that. I didn't watch all episodes yet (actually I watched almost nothing of the season yet) but was it ever brought up how she felt about what had happened in the bar? Because she has been next door to a shooting as a teenager, and I think being in a room that's being fired at definitely must have been a very shocking moment for her. Plus again she was together with people close to her, like back then. I wouldn't be surprised if that fact alone (being involved in a shooting again) would have changed her a lot. I also heard her reactions to the compass killer were interesting (gah, poor me being a year behind with the episodes) which also is something I'm looking forward to see.

14. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I don’t know, for me it’s not that the wheelchair storyline was too short. Yeah, it was unrealistically short, and I had a problem with that. But for me, it’s that the storyline (Lindsay’s side of it) focused way too much on the most boring aspect of it (her relationship with Danny; sorry :alienblush:), and while being longer might’ve helped, I doubt it would have if they were just going to keep focusing on that same boring aspect.

I was impressed with Lindsay’s side of the wheelchair storyline in “Epilogue”, but the rest of it went downhill fast, imo. The most interesting Lindsay-parts during the whole thing were her moments with Stella and Hawkes, because I did see this weird mix of stress and gratitude in some of her interactions with them from 6.01 – 6.04. And it’s not that I needed the stress explained – at that time, it was fairly clear why she might be stressed – it just would’ve been nice to get follow-through on those moments.

Like in Epilogue, when Stella was trying to get Lindsay’s attention, and Lindsay was so withdrawn she didn’t even hear her until Stella came right up next to her and asked her if she was okay, and she instantly changed the subject – it probably wouldn’t have taken even thirty seconds to follow up on that, and that’s the sort of interaction I loved and would’ve actually wanted to see followed up on (as opposed to the 2/3-minute DL scenes we got in 6.03/6.04). But those weren’t the moments the show concentrated on for her. Gah.:shifty:

Not really :shifty: The weird thing about S6 is that most of the characters seem to have been significantly changed by the bar shooting (and in Flack’s case, by Angell and Simon Cade on top of that) – Danny and Flack are self-explanatory, Adam’s more serious and grown-up, Lindsay’s darker and edgier, Sid’s quieter on the quirky front, Stella's edgier and more reckless (at least, in 6.01 and 6.12) – but while the showrunners have said that the shooting changed some of the characters (well, IIRC they only said that about Stella), that’s never actually been said on the show itself. So really, they could’ve changed for any reason :lol:. But you make a really good point about Lindsay getting a few too many blasts-from-the-past in “Pay Up” (not just the shooting, but seeing Angell’s blood in the diner really seemed to rattle her, too); that could definitely explain the change, too. Actually, it’d be kind of fascinating if that were the reason, because it is the most she’s been reminded of her past since S3; and unlike back then when she fell apart, she seems to be channelling the ..anger/edginess/lol-whatever-it-is :p into her job. (On that note, yeah she had an interesting reaction to the Compass Killer ;) – what got me was that she was identifying more with his rage over losing a loved one than anything else.) Which could be another sign that she’s grown in the meantime, although I’d so love to see if tptb could actually go somewhere with that growth.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yeah, that's true, they could have definitely made the scene longer. Unfortunately I don't remember it so much, but it would have been nice if they had done some follow up. In general I think there are many moments in which the Stella and Lindsay friendship could be explored more. The times the team members actually work together with various people in my eyes has been limited since the two case episodes stopped, but I think Lindsay and Stella still share quite a lot of screentime (if I'm not wrong), so adding a bit more friendship-ness to those scenes would really be great. They have a fantastic dynamic if you ask me and I think I'd love to see more, especially now that this friendship seemed to have moved on from the 'big sister, little sister' point where it's been over all the seasons. It's always interesting when relationships and friendships change and I would like to see more.

Oh, how could I forget about the diner scene in Pay Up! Of course, yes. Seeing the blood on the floor affected her as well and they even showed that for a second. Lindsay was very affected by everything in this episode. I also wonder how close she and Jess were as they barely shared any scenes. This is another relationship which I would have loved to see explored. Anyway, this combined with the shooting in the bar definitely must have changed her and it really fits to her darker behaviour (lets just call it darker until we find a better word lol). And that will be interesting. I guess it's not only Mac who can relate to the feelings of the compass killer. So it's great that was picked up there.

I would love to see a demonstration again, or anything of Lindsay's happier self. You really notice she has changed when you rewatch season 2 episodes where she's like constantly smiling. But I have to say what I love about characters on TV shows is when they change with the time. It would be boring if they stayed the same way over all the seasons without ever changing and I have to say seeing Lindsay the way she's now is very interesting as well. Especially as it gives Anna the chance to show her character from another side and explore this a bit more.