"Neverland" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Episode Title: 'Neverland'
    Episode Number: 1015
    Synopsis: "When a young boy is found murdered, the CSI team uncovers evidence that may link his death to an old case that recently resurfaced."

Original Airdate
    : March 11, 2010
    Written By: Tom Mularz
    Directed By: Alec Smight

Guest Stars:

• Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
    • Archie Kao as Archie Johnson
    • Faith Prince as Lynn Stagner
    • James Keane as George Anderson
    • Valerie Dillman as Rebecca Sutter
    • Aidan Gould as Will Sutter
    • Nathan Kress as Mason Ward
    • Noah Gray-Cabey as Steve Reppling
    • Eddie Jemison as Craig Lifford
    • Jason Brooks as Simon Rose
    • James Macdonald as Officer Kenneth Ward
    • Edward Gusts as Trustee
    • Gabriel Salvador as Corrections Officer

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

So I just watched the clip Entertainment tonight posted, that is found in our news files.

It is referring to one of Sara's old cases, so someone please refresh my memory. (I didn't get much sleep last night :lol:)

Who was Simon Rose? He is in prison, but his blood was found on the child who was murdered.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I just watched that clip and I have no idea. I don't recognize him or the name. Maybe it's something like the old Catherine case in If I had a Hammer. Something that happened but we didn't see it. :confused:

Susan

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

That's what I was thinking, but the name does sound familiar.

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Possibly the episode Empty Eyes. That was Sara's case and it would fit the time line. :confused:

I could be wrong though. ;)

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I looked at the cast list for that episode and no Simon Rose.

However, that was an awesome guest. I was like, yeah, yeah, that's it. :lol:

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

It certainly sounds like the Hannah case according to this, but, then again, it doesn't. :lol:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/CSI-Dr-Jekyll-1016161.aspx

The mysterious Dr. Jekyll serial killer hasn't shown up lately on CSI, but the show's producers haven't forgotten about him — and neither has Ray Langston.

Conveniently, on Thursday's episode (9/8c, CBS), "Neverland," Langston (Laurence Fishburne) comes across a familiar name: Nate Haskell. "It's just a little callback to him, which is kind of eerie and could be a sign of things to come," Tom Mularz, who wrote the episode, tells TVGuide.com.

Haskell (Bill Irwin), of course, is better known as the Dick & Jane killer, who was first introduced in the Season 9 episodes that brought Langston onto the team. Executive producer Carol Mendelsohn says Haskell may have a connection to Dr. Jekyll, which reinvigorates Langston through the rest of the season in his hunt to bring Jekyll down.

"Dr. Jekyll isn't done killing people," Mendelsohn says. "We will not only see more victims of Dr. Jekyll, but we will begin to see and unravel the obsession that Ray Langston has for catching him. He is hot on his trail, and nothing will stop Langston. It will drive the end of our season."

Meanwhile, the rest of the team links a young boy's murder to an old case. "Part of the story deals with a case that Sara (Jorja Fox) handled before leaving for Costa Rica. It was one of the things that kind of frustrated her to the point of wanting to leave," Mularz says, adding that it's interesting for Langston to see someone share his passion about closing a case. "Langston, who joined the team after that, has really only known her as Mrs. Grissom. So he gets a glimpse of the fire that still lingers around some of these cases in her mind."

As Langston gets closer to Dr. Jekyll, Mendelsohn says that Langston's chase will be literal. That more physical side to Langston will also come out in Thursday's episode, according to Mularz. "We get to see him run into a burning building and crash through a door," he says. "It's nice to see him in that kind of action mode after we've seen him do these brilliant mental tasks."

Will Langston's efforts pay off? "Dr. Jekyll and Langston may be headed for a final confrontation," Mendelsohn says, "and I do not think Ray Langston will end up unscathed."

8. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Okay, now I'm intrigued. I enjoyed Haskell. He was sufficiently creepy and appeared to be a worthy opponent for both Grissom and Langston. Very interesting.

I also like the concept of Sara possibly catching Hannah (if this is indeed Hannah). Hm...

9. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

I might be way off base but could the old case of Sara's maybe involve the husband from her case of the African American woman who was brutally raped and the husband ended up getting arrested for pulling her of the ventilator Sara made a comment to Vega about the fact that those she presumed innocent get arrested and that is why she could not do the job anymore ... but like I said I may be way off base on this but the time line is right about there just an opinion I had

10. Smokey

It's possible that it isn't actually a case we saw on the show, but just one that they refer to in this one as a case from her past.

:rolleyes: I like Ray, but c'mon...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  11. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Simon Rose?

And who made the anon. phone call?

12. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Never mind.

13. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Well that was sad :(

14. Bellafibs

Bellafibs Victim

15. Smokey

ACW1129, please edit your posts when you want to add to them rather than posting back to back. Thanks! :)

I don't think it was a case that was actually on the show. :) And I'm glad also that Ray didn't do more theatrics in the burning building.