"Spellbound" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 1, 2006.

1. gregsandersfan

gregsandersfan Pathologist

I have to say that, as much as I like Greg, I agree there. I like season 5 Greg best, he seems to have changed since then, okay we haven't really seen a lot of him this season and maybe it is really just the hair that messes with my brain. It sounds odd but I somehow miss the season 5 seriousness, profoundness, if that is the right word, of Greg.

I still loved that he had so much screen time in this episode though.

2. sherlockanne

sherlockanne Lab Technician

First of all, I just want to say that I LOOOOVED this episode!!!! It definitely made up for the absence of Greg last week... He had sooooo many awesome scenes!! I loved Grissom's line to him in the beginning... "I think you should start using your other 5 senses..." Also that stripper scene was was so funny how she said "Like you cutie..." to Greg! When I saw Warrick there I was kinda hoping Greg would show up! And oooooooo Greg's got a dinner daaate... Him and Wendy were totally flirting... Maybe they'll hook up later in the season!! :p

Also loved that classic Hodges' scene with the "tight" suit... :lol: (and he looked good in it too... :p) Good to see the return of Grissom's sexy sunhat too... :D

The case itself was a little confusing, but to be honest, I was worrying more about how much screentime Greg was gonna get... :p I was kinda hoping that maybe at the end Greg would predict something for Grissom and it would turn out to be true, but still, all Greg needed to do was to do that hat trick again and it would be a Greg-lover's dream ep! ;)

The two recent episodes have been a little weird with one focusing on Nick and Sara with no Grissom or Greg, and then the next one focusing on Grissom and Greg but no Nick and Sara, and Warrick and Catherine just kinda floating in the background... Hopefully next week it will be back to normal with the team together again!

P.S. My tv guide said it was supposed to be a repeat (Weeping Willows) too! If it wasn't for this board, I probably would have missed the whole episode!!! :eek: But thanks to you guys, I have it saved on DVD... :)

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

sherlockanne Originially it was suppost to be a repeat but the network changed its mind and decided to throw in the new ep instead.

4. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

That's why I never check my TV listings. :) It's like the weather reports! :rolleyes:

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

6. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

I loved this episode! The last one that made me giggle that much was "Kiss Kiss Bye Bye" - Greg/Grissom is rapidly becoming one of my very fave team pairings, almost right up there with Nick/Warrick! (Speaking of N/W and the promo, squeeee!) It felt a lot like the early seasons, what with the small talk and bantering and cute zaniness Greg brings to the show.

"Use your other five senses" and "was the second one Greg's" - I guffawed both times. Sorry Greggo! Yes, Grissom was coming down on him, but it's nothing he hasn't done with the other young turks (with the exception of Warrick, maybe), and for some inexplicable reason I've always liked it. The thing with Greg though, is that these comments don't phase him one bit. You know that if Grissom said such things to newbie!Nick or Sara, they'd spend the rest of the episode dwelling on it, but not newbie!Greg. Now that he's gotten a little more comfy in his CSI shoes, Greg is confident and assertive and not afraid to put himself out there, which is really refreshing after watching the other young turks tiptoe around Grissom to avoid making fools of themselves during the earlier seasons.

"I might back you off a cliff" - Heeee! I love the big brother/little brother vibe between Warrick and Greg.

Wendy is cute! After this I may finally remember what she looks like.

The continuity fairy was hard at work this week. The ditzy girls from season 1! Yoko! Grissom's surgery! (Again, I don't see newbie!Nick or Sara ever saying that to Grissom if it were them. Greg you cheeky monkey. :D) (And the digging scene, complete with spider bites, did remind me of "GD", but then again I'm officially delusional when it comes to possible Nicky angst.)

I was all ready to start squeeing when I saw a pair of hands doing trace analysis, but the camera panned up and it turned out to be some random lab guy named Henry. Grr. But then my beloved Hodges showed up in the tight (-lol!) suit and, well, squeee! :D (What's wrong with me??)

Grissom's hat is back, yay! (I just found out people are apparently referring to it as SHMAG - straw hat of middle-aged gayness. ...Lol.)

Grissom's expression when the girl snatched his file folder to autograph - priceless! :lol: I shall have to watch for the pen toss next time.

Nice to see Vega again! So that means there's still hope for Vartann. *daydreams*

I don't get people's issues with the cast rotation. I like it waaaaaay better than the giant all-hands-on-deck type of cases with characters appearing and dissapearing at random. I always thought it's ridiculous to have six CSIs on one case, anyway. The A/B format works better, but this way there's more screen time to devote to individual characters. I don't mind not seeing Grissom and Greg for one week and Nick and Sara for the next, as long as the episodes are as strong as these last two have been. And I think the cast agrees - George for one has said that it's frustrating to come into work and have three lines, or something to that effect.

And last, but certainly not least: Braaaaass! I thought the whole thing with his friend obssessing about an unsolved case for 15 years sounded vaguely familiar. Maybe it was in a fanfic..? Or was it one of the CSI books...Anyway, I totally dig it. I just love it when life (on CSI that it) imitates fiction. (Again, squeee w.r.t. the promo!)

7. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

*eyes lemon_grass carefully and takes a step back* ;)

Too cute. :)

I think Hodges has thrown everyone for a loop. Everyone used to hate him; now we're squeeing over him... and the TIGHT SUIT just, well, backed us off the cliff! :lol: He may not have the most chiselled facial features, but the suit looked GOOD on him. He looked perfectly at ease in it, too.

I do have to give Greg credit for not letting Grissom get to him. I think Grissom actually likes that about Greg but probably wouldn't admit it.

Funny, but I'd never considered the relationship between Warrick and Grissom. They don't really have one, do they? I don't think I've ever seen any closeness between them. Hmmmm... strange.

8. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

not the best episode ever but better than last week's. i did like the references to season one throughout. i do love watching greg and gil work together, but that's because i'm of the opinion greg is just minigil in extrovert form. and the gratuitous gc scene was very nice (poor cath and the roadtrip with the folks).

9. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

They did back in S1 though - though I've no idea what happened to it. Between Grissom putting himself out there defending Warrick against everyone when he was a new supervisor to the two of them riding the rollercoater together - there used to be a good relationship there. *sigh*

10. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

hodges always makes me squeeeeeeeeeeeeee (i saw him last night in viva los vegas. im still sueeing :) )
    gotta see the suit. i dont have to wait much longer though :)

11. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I liked it because Grissom and Greg are my fav characters and it was great to see so much of them.
    And Grissom,please,stop using the straw hat !!! :lol:

12. Guest

Guest Guest

It's really irritating how skittish all the network programmers have become -- switching first-run eps for reruns at the last minute, switching time slots for new eps, switching days, two first-run eps shown in tandem. I'm not talking about CSI, but the whole picture.
    Spellbound was a good solid episode for me: seeing Grissom after a long draught; fun interplay between Grissom/Greg, Warrick/Hodges, Grissom/Doc Robbins,Grissom/ Cath. I loved how there were hints of mysticism, but everything could be explained away.

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

btw-If anyone is intrested there is a thread in shipper central dedicated to the discussion of Grissom & Greg's relationship. You don't have to be into Gris-Greg slash to join in. Just discuss them in general. You can find it HERE
    Just thought you might want to check it out.
    I love the two of them together, they are fun to watch.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Missed Greg, haven't seem much of him this season. I also miss his old hair. (come back hair!) Always love those G/C scenes! Nice touch, it had no point to the plot what so ever but it's certainly good to see it there. I just love how Grissom says: "Quality time with Dad?" Perfect!

15. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Hodges with the suit.