White Collar

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by xeri, Jan 28, 2010.

1. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Didn't see a thread in the search....so, anyone watching this ? :

Neal Caffrey - Matt Bomer
    Peter Burke - Tim DeKay
    Elizabeth Burke - Tiffani Thiessen
    Mozzie - Willie Garson

Nice to see that this show found it's own place between the other crime/cop series, with the focus more on forgery and fraud.

The lead charas have great chemistry and are a good mach for each other.
    Neal Caffrey a con-man makes a deal with the FBI agent (Peter Burke) who caught him and now works as a FBI consultant.

Some of Neals behavior (flirty/flippant mask for heartbreak and insecurity) reminds me a little of Tony from NCIS, but Neal's style is def. more classy ;).

Love it how he just worms his way deeper into Peter's life: "My wife is inviting you to lunch,...good thing is I get to come along too." :lol:
    Tim Dekay said they're a mix of father/son + siblings + married couple... works for me.

And this time my little slasher heart even loves the wife (maybe OT3 *g*).
    I confess in most shows the cases only play a minor role for me as long as the charas are entertaining ;).

Only minus point: they got rid of the lesbian agent from the pilot (loved Neals face *eg*) and came back with a ohh so snarky agent who at some point flirts back to Neal :rolleyes:.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Older members of this board might compare White Collar to the 1968 series It takes A Thief, with Robert Wagner and Malachi Throne. Wagner played Alexander Mundy, a thief who was recruited by his former parole office, Noah Bain (Throne), to work for him in the SIA, a top-secret government agency. In the pilot, Mundy disguised himself as a priest who came to see him, in order to escape from jail, just as Caffrey disguised himself as a guard in the White Collar pilot to escape from jail.

3. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

xeri, I'm glad you made a post for this show. :thumbsup: I've only watched the first 3 episodes and then reruns of Criminal Minds stole me away. But after finding out they changed the time slot to Tuesdays at ten here for White Collar, I've been trying to remember to start watching it again.

And, yes, right away I saw the wonderful slashy aspects and potential of the two characters who are both very likeable. And I remembered Tim McKay from the episode of CSI:Miami called "Wrecking Crew." His character didn't fare so well in that, so it was good to see him show up in a new series.

Dynamo1, I've seen It Takes a Thief. It was good, too.

4. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Ok that's a bit before my time... I think the only show I know/watched from this early besides a few movies is Star Trek ;) ...but now I'm curious ...

...ohh just googled Malachi Throne, he was also in Star Trek - Robert Wagner, think saw movies with him...

Other than the obvious "Catch me if you can" they also remind me of Vic ( Nicholas Lea ) and Mac (Ivan Sergei) from the series "Once a thief" from 1997:
    I know different circumstances, but I get similar vibes watching them : Cop/con-man + trust issues + but maybe best friends (somehow *g*)....

@HnStetlerfan: slashy? ...they just make it so easy :p
    (McKay ? ohhh I miss McKay from SG Atlantis *pets him* *g* ...but Peter Burke got luckily a nice snark )
    Don't remeber him ^^°, do you know the number of the epi - I always like watching other roles...

After watching 1x09 have to say it's nice we get more glimpses of the other charas (mostly Mozzie + Jones).

EDIT : Ok found the CSI Miami epi : 7x06 (was just a bit lazy ^^)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  5. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

LOL! I really did think the actor's name was McKay, I don't know why. OK, Tim DeKay. I got it now. Well, they're both VERY attractive, and have extreme chemistry with each other. I WILL start watching the show again!!! Especially after going over to youtube and getting reaquainted with them through some nice videos.

6. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Finally watched a few epis again...

The most important thing I have to say is: Awww THE head-pat :D , drugged Neal is adorable ...and loved the whole Peter as the flirt ;)

Ok I have to confess I even missed El, so glad she's back...
    Hehe, Peter beeing a bit posessive there with your pet convict? :p

7. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Ooooooh, it sounds like I've been missing out on some good stuff with these characters! But I haven't had the USA channel for the last month or so. I should have it again soon though. :)

8. hotspot

hotspot Hit and Run

I like white collar, it's really cool. And I find Tim Dekay quite the attractive one.

9. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

*pokes thread*

Season 3 is well underway now, anyone else watching this?

I love this show; the main characters are great together, with their not quite trusting but still bonding well. I totally love Mozzie too. I'm even starting to get over thinking of Saved by the Bell every time I see Elizabeth. :)

One thing I love/hate about this show is the season-long storylines. Sometimes they seem to get in the way of the episode plot, and I always want to know how it's going to end! Which of course is their point, to keep me coming back each week. :lol:

10. Merlyn007

Merlyn007 Victim

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
  11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm glad this show is coming back on next week. I hope they find Elizabeth and that she's safe. This is definitely going to put a strain on the friendship of Neil and Peter, especially if she isn't okay.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The first two episodes were really good. It was smart of Elizabeth to use the diamond on her ring to weaken the glass on the window and get away. And the clue she gave Peter about the dog having bit one of the kidnappers was great.

Loved Neil going undercover as a substitute teacher. He looked cute in those glasses. :)

13. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

I absolutely love White Collar!!!It's just a great show!!! The characters are fantastic and I really love the chemistry between Peter and Neal.
    We are watching the 2nd season here in Italy, it's very very good, much better than the first. Season 3 looks good too, can't wait to see it!

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Love this show!!! Just started watching season 2.

Just love the chemistry between Neal and Peter. So hilarious at times.

Blame myself for not watching more intently at season 1 beginning so some things kinda confuse me but I'm sure at some point I'll get to that.

15. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I am blind and blonde! Pardon the pun...

I dunno why I couldn't see this thread nor remember I have actually posted already *headslap*

And now I've forgotten why I was looking for this thread in the first place:eek: