Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emmie

Emmie Victim

A few posts ago, I've read that in an interview that Emily Procter was tired of the show. Does anyone have the interview web page? I'd like to read it.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Your guess is as good as mine, Slower -- it could go either way at this point.
    I find the whole thing very silly. TPTB and the actors spent the last 3 years trying incredibly hard to sell that they are/were "in love" and already "serious"....now we're back to them still trying to figure out what they're doing & how serious they should be.
    And they wonder why we haven't been able to buy this storyline. :rolleyes:

TPTB are wasting precious time. If it's not being wasted on cast changes, creating storylines for new characters only to have them dismissed by the season's end, then it's them wasting airtime on E/C. I'm tired of all of it. :mad:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Well, apparently now Ms. Procter wants to turn CSI Miami into her version of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, complete with children and life at home and watching she and Eric balance their homelife and jobs.

Yawn! Boring! It's everything a soap opera should be.:rolleyes:

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh yes, & let's not forget she thinks Jake will return. Can't have a complete soap opera unless she's having every guy in Miami pining after her.

For the love of GOD I don't give a shit about her love life -- get it off this show!

5. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:wtf::wtf::wtf:Is this CSI: Pimp City USA? Since when did actors spend every interview spreading this fantasy garbage instead of selling upcoming events on the show? Her self-promotion borders on contemptible.
    My apologies, but it's the nicest phraseology I can manage right now. What I'm really thinking would get me banned for life.
    Someone should sit down with Ms. Procter and give her a good reality check before she makes a further fool of herself.

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

I just finished reading the interviw. It seems like every opportunity she gets; she promotes this ridiculous romance. :wtf::wtf::wtf: But, it seemed to me that Adam in his last interview with zap2it, was kind of downplaying it. Maybe it is all Emily, trying to keep this going or maybe they are all just messing with us to keep us stired up. :lol:

7. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I happen to be one of a large group of TV-viewers that lose interest in any TV show (sitcom, crime-drama or otherwise), if the plot-lines don't give us a glimpse into the characters' personal lives. :shifty: Without that personal element, the characters seem kind of hollow and one-dimensional to me. Love (whether parent-child like Horatio & Kyle or romantic like Eric & Calleigh) is a huge part of life, and it would be unrealistic if it were left out altogether from any TV series that hopes to approximate the real human experience. It's all a matter of balancing all the elements of the show, which, of course, I'm in favor of. I don't think that TPTB, Adam or Emily realistically want to turn CSIM into the next Dynasty or Knots Landing. (Hopefully, at least some posters in here are old enough to know what I'm talking about!:guffaw:) The Zap2It interviewer asked Emily about the E/C romance, so that's what she spoke about. (And many of her answers clearly consisted of tongue-in-cheek joking around). But I believe that everyone on the show, including Emily, recognizes that CSIM is first and foremost, a police drama, and that's what it will remain.

But I suppose that, given the title of this topic, I will always stand in the minority in this thread. I feel as though no matter how I express my opinion, it will always be "wrong" here, since I won't join in the Adam and Emily-bashing. :brickwall: [​IMG] Therefore, off I go, back to Shipper Central ...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  8. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

You do realize the interviewer is given the questions to ask. That's why the interviewer is there.
    I agree that small personal glimpses are an asset. Emily's gone well beyond that. Every chance she gets, she touts Calleigh and her love life.

Bringing in a new character as an ongoing romantic interest is one thing; foisting two established characters into a poorly executed relationship is quite another. I doubt many objected to Hagan, Elliott, even Jake. Their presence, and the relationship, didn't infect the entire show.
    The same cannot be said of Eric and Calleigh.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  9. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I happen to know from 1st-hand experience that not all interviewers are given an advance list of questions by a celebrity or his/her agent. But that delves into a discussion about the integrity of the press that goes far beyond the scope of this thread.

As I implied in my first post, I believe that much of the debate over the E/C romance lies in the eye of the beholder. If you're not a fan of the pairing, then you'll perceive any time they appear on screen as an "infection" of the show. And if you're an E/C shipper, you will have the opposite view. Ultimately, neither side will be able to change the opinions of the other, so we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm happy to simply leave it at that.:)

10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I am going to have to side with Delquesne. I admit that when they originally paired E/C, I was surprised because I saw more chemistry between Ryan and Calleigh. However, because I love this show, I decided to sit back and just see how it developed. I think it has been handled just fine. Even though it will never be my favorite pairing, I am finding myself looking forward to seeing it through to the end. And I agree with Emily, a happy ending would be nice.

11. slower

slower Lab Technician

You know guys; we really don't take this discussion (or bashing; as you say) out to the shipper thread. It as a rule stays here. And I for one don't take it there. I beleive that is your time to discuss your fav couple; and should be free from bashers. So should this thread be; without having to defend our position. :)

That being said; Theresa I agree that Ryan/Calleigh have more on screen chemistry in one small scene than E/C has mustered up in 3 1/2 seasons. I am at least glad TPTB remembered they are friends and are giving us some glimpses into the bond they share. :)

12. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

The sole reason for the interview was to discuss Calleigh's love life.
    The intent was blatantly obvious. No other subject was broached by either side.

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

And it would have been better, if they had spared us this one :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to say this, but this interview was just INSANE! Anything that has been said was insane. Why would I want to see their relationship? Why would I want too their "family"? :rolleyes:
    Why does she think this has to be that obvious to us? The only word I could use to describe this interview and what she said must be INSANE!

14. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Did you guys read the actual one on ZapIt site itself? I don't know which is a better word, ridiculous or insane? See, see, it will never end and according to her, the day it ends will be the day the show ends. Wow, what a statement. Seems to be saying the show is nothing without them.

And what about the 'Mr & Mrs Smith' thing, so this show is just about these 2 characters, is that it? Yeah, add in so called "glimpses" of their lives at home, the fantasies and heck Jake?!

The show will soon officially become the "Mr & Mrs Smith" show..oh wait...soap opera.

I saw a few spoiler pics of Calleigh in the hospital apparently on the 'death bed' and of course Delko is there. Just exactly the same as SGIYC. Repeat, reused and recycled plots. Delko almost died twice by a bullet. Now Calleigh almost died twice by fire. I sure hope they had fun on the merry-go-round. :rolleyes:

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yep I read it and that's why I define the article "insane" :rolleyes:

I didn't see the pics you're referring to and, in all honesty, I hope I'll never see them 'cause I don't want to vomite and I don't want to see always the same poor scenes :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.