Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I feel like they're too soon for marriage, or even a proposal. They've been in this off-and-on, undefined place this season, and that's not a place you start a marriage from. I think Calleigh especially is way more cautious than that, and would need to have been in a relationship for a while before she'd say yes to a proposal. My guess is this season we'll have them finally decide they really want to be together in a serious, committed relationship. Maybe, maybe they'll move in together, but I can't see it going further than that right now.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree. I think that given the on and off status of their relationship they first need to be on solid ground for sometime before the wedding bells ring. If the writers had decided to keep them steady throughout this season (which they could've done) then maybe at the end of next season I could see them talking about marriage and maybe even a proposal. But that wasn't the case. The writers need to focus now on untangling (that a word?? sp?) the mess they created and defining their relationship once and for all. So don't worry ec4evr because even though Adam doesn't hear the wedding bells ringing he did say that he thinks that Eric and Calleigh should be together and that the show owes it to the fans who have been waiting for so long to see them happy. I think we'll get that first and then we'll hear the bells ringing ;):thumbsup:.

3. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Isn't that such a funny coincidence! :thumbsup: The first "couple name" Adam thought of for Eric & Calleigh is, in fact, my screen name. Maybe I'm a little biased,:guffaw:but I think "Delquesne" does have a nice ring to it ...;)

Here's a link to the Zap2it article: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/03/ugly-betty-adam-rodriguez-prepares-to-say-i-do.html, for those folks who might not have read it yet. The interviewer asked Adam what "shipper nickname" he'd pick for Calleigh & Eric.

I tend to agree. It might be a tad hasty for Eric & Calleigh to jump directly from the "in limbo" status they're currently in, right into a marriage proposal and a wedding. Of course, the hopeless romantic in me would like nothing more that to see that, :adore: but I realize that this scenario probably wouldn't be true to the characters, esp. Calleigh. She tends to play it very close to the vest, particularly where love is concerned. So I imagine that the E/C romance would have to be more stable before she'd say yes to a proposal. At this point, I'd be overjoyed if the CSIM writers would just have C & E admit that they love each other, and establish a committed, steady and (of course) loving relationship by the end of Season 8. [​IMG] I can wait until Season 9 and beyond for a wedding, baby, etc. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  4. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I have to agree as well, especially with Calleigh's romantic track record. Let's see, Jake was let in not once, but twice and he hurt her both times, each time with the same decision: his career over her. Then there was John Hagen; committed suicide right in front of her on her firing range, which forced her to transfer to Tox to help deal with the emotional trauma. To a lesser extent-Secret Service Agent Peter Elliot. They weren't in a relationship, but there was definite interest and he went on, without talking to her about something Hagen told him and got engaged to the D.A. that was trying to bring the Lab down. She had to find out from the fiancee, Monica West that she and Elliot were engaged. No wonder Calleigh is so guarded.

Eric has been quietly pursuing Calleigh for years by the time they got it together and got together last season. He's proven himself to be a patient man when it comes to her. He even put up with the whole Jake thing and was patient and gentle with her as she got over Jake. I can't just see him dropping on one knee with a ring at the end of this season. If he would, Cautious Calleigh would gently and lovingly tell him no, it's too soon.

5. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I'd just like to see them in a normal, non-drama filled relationship. Let them just enjoy each other without kidnappings, gun shots and fires for pete sake.

6. Divot

Divot Victim

Totally agree! Whew. Glad you said it

LadyD10 so sorry about your loss of Baby the Bearded. I hope the Rainbow Bridge is true and you are reunited again.

Fingers crossed for a good upcoming E-C.

7. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

You know what, I think I have to agree with all of you. ;) Now that AR is coming back full time next season- I can wait for the proposal, wedding and babies.
    All I want to happen this season is for them to show us E/C professing how madly in love they are with each other. I'm hoping it will be on Ep 8.20. They do need to work on their issues though and hopefully move on to a serious , committed relationship.

On a different note, we are almost up for a new thread- so excited!:D

8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I am patiently waiting for Eric's next episode, its gonna be a long wait, sadly, and I can't wait to see pics from that episode.

What I can hope for in the upcoming episodes and for next season is for them to have some kind of normalcy to their relationship. They do certainly deserve it, its been a really long time coming.

Part of me hopes that a marriage proposal will come next season only because I am hopeless romantic just like Adam (yes that made me love him just that much more)

I am very anxious to see where they take this storyline next season and if they (the writers) are smart, they let Eric & Calleigh be drama free...no interruptions or crazy ex's in their way. (Yes, I'm talking to you Jake)

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

:guffaw:Girl, you make me laugh with the "Yes, I'm talking to you Jake" thing! And I so agree with you... no interruptions or crazy ex's. They've had 3 seasons of ups and downs, its time to let them be together and leave them the hell alone when it comes to drama. Let Ryan and Natalia have all the drama... I say that because I've about had enough of Horatio drama too. No... wait... I HAVE had enough Horatio drama. I swear if I roll my eyes one more time at him, they're gonna get permanently stuck in the upward position, just like my mother said they would.

10. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Although a brief, humorous side story where ex-girlfriend, Gloria (you love crazy until crazy loves you back) harassing Calleigh like she did Natalia and even Marisol. I don't think Cal would ask Eric to take care of it. She'd track her down and give her a serious smack-down....doesn't mean a thing about the sniper rifle that Gloria has, Calleigh is the real deal with any firearm. It could be funny to watch Calleigh go postal on her and then Gloria calls Eric to ask for him to call Calleigh off.

11. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Oh, hey, Divot, thanks for the wishes for Baby. He was a sweet little guy and I miss him. I already have a Beardies baby-sit date with one of our classroom pets. If all goes well, he'll be family at the end of our school year. I've known Diamante since he was small. We like each other.

For a Calleigh and Bearded Dragon love fest check out The Rescue at: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3741665/1/The_Rescue The little guy was based on Baby.

12. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I actually liked Jake...because he made Eric jealous and that was cute...:) And the actor was sexy. Cal is a lucky girl. Two guys like that...
    But I agree, no more drama of any kind, give some to Ryan and Nat, they deserved more screentime anyway.

13. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Heeeeelllloooooooooo? Who puts up the new thread and closes this one?:confused:

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

15. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.