Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

^ I love Syfy's Alice. :D I keep watching the end scene on youtube almost at least once a week. Heehee. I wrote a fic on it. I have the banner and info up on my LJ, I just haven't typed up the fic yet. :)

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

SHUTTER ISLAND OMG, talk about twists and turns, I can't give away the ending for fans who haven't seen it, but we were saying "I can't believe this", and WHAT:wtf: you won't believe it, shocking. I can tell you this, Leonardo, gave a riveting performance, and I see an Oscar for this. Martin Scorsese is a geuius and brilliant or crazy or all of the prior. It starts with him as a Federal Marshall with his partner, a crazy women has escaped and their job is to find her. Ben Kingsley is also fantastic and creepy. Also Mac von Sydow, as the Dr. Feelgood also good and creepy. He has horrible nightmares from past traumas' which one has to see. It was in the 50's and was filmed in Bar Habor MA. and in Nova Scotia. This island is dark, dreary and really spooky and scary. One of the most suspensful, compelling & fascinating movies I've ever seen.. go see it:thumbsup:

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, the Olympians have left Vancouver... so I went to see Percy Jackson and the Olympians. :)

You know what? This was a decent movie.

Even for the obvious teen/pre-teen target audience, the dialogue wasn't as cheesey as it could have been. The effects were pretty good, the actors were good- Percy was really quite good, actually. The young actress playing Athena's daughter was not only stunning but had real presence, which would of course be needed to represent Athena's daughter well when you think about it.

If you like the Harry Potter/fantastical quest type film, then I'd recommend giving this movie a look-see. :)

4. GregNickRyanFan

Law Abiding Citizen- Pretty decent movie, but was very predictable in a couple of places. Still the end surprised me just a little bit. I mean I knew kind of how it had to end, I just didn't expect it to be exactly like that. :lol: There were parts that I thought was going to be very gory and make me feel like I was watching one of those Saw movies (which I refuse to watch- I like horror movies, slashers even, but not torture movies), but luckily it didn't so much. :lol:

5. LtKitty

LtKitty Pathologist

Sherlock Holmes - finally watched it. Robert Downey Jr. is great so does Jude Law did a great job. Seems like there is going to be a part 2. :)

6. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I saw "The Last King of Scotland", finally. I've been willing to watch it for a long time and I got lucky. It was on TV... No regrets, because it's an awesome film. It tells the story of Idi Amin, who at first appears as a very nice man. But when we get to know him a little better, we discover what a brute he is. Forrest Whitaker played this character so incredibly well, that Oscar was well deserved! James McAvoy also did a very good job, but Whitaker steals the show. A great movie, with even better acting. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Coco Before Chanel- great movie. Audrey Tauto as Chanel was amazing. i like Chanel not just as a lable but what she did for women's clothing and what she and her brand stand for. the movie portrayed a woman who was independent and knew what she wanted with her life and no one would stop her. it was amazing to see how Chanel didn't even want to be in the fashion industry she wanted to be an actress and singer. now i really wanna read up on Chanel and really study her fashion .

8. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

^EXCELLENT movie! although I've never seen the english version..

Alice in Wonderland - Directed by Tim Burton (favorite director) and stars Mia Wasikowska, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Stephen Fry, Anne Hathaway, and so many more amazing people..

It was no less than outstanding in my opinion.I don't believe 3D (which I saw it in) really added much to it, it would've been equally excellent either way. I thought Johnny Depp's interpretation of the mad hatter basically made the movie, it was brilliant, (although his choice of a Glasgow accent was a little questionable..). You have to see it in order to understand its brilliance, it's truly undescribable. It is advertised as a childrens movie (PG), and is obviously based off a childrens story but I would have to say that adults would enjoy it way more...There were a few children in the showing I was that started crying and had to leave, there are definitely frightening scenes for really little ones (just a warnin :bolian:)

Anyways, I would DEFINITELY say 9/10 and recommend it to everybody. I liked Tim's interpretation of it, as the synopsis foretells, Alice is 19 and on her second trip to an underland taken over by the red queen (combination of the red queen and queen of hearts)

9. 915

915 CSI Level One

ZombieLand-I loved the movie and thought it was hilarious! There was hardly anytime when I wasn't laughing. I actually didn't mind the plot and the characters were all interesting and entertaining to watch through out the movie. Movie gets a 10/10 from me.

10. hammer

hammer Dead on Arrival

Last time I have watched the movie Avatar. It is amazing movie. I like its special effects. Everything in this is wonderful....

11. lal

lal Pathologist

I when to see Alice in Wonderland on friday , and i thought it was brilliant :)

12. BabaOReilly

I watched a couple online over the weekend:

Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant. Not a bad little film and not totally predictable, for a change, so that was cool. Decent acting and some pretty stomach churning effects by times. :lol: Overall, not bad at all. I think I preferred Percy Jackson and the Olympians, though.

Moon. Wow, I don't know what to say about this movie... Sam Rockwell was awesome, as always. The movie was melancholy and more than a little depressing. There's not much "action". Somehow though, I really, really dug this movie. I don't know what it was, but I just got into it. For those of you who like something a little more alternative and character driven, I'd recommend this one. I also had to download the soundtrack because there was just this really hypnotizing piano song at the end that I really liked. :)

13. BabaOReilly

The Crazies. Looks like a standard zombie flick but it was actually much better than that- I think it's an old story, but they kept it interesting. And good acting by the leads. There's some gory stuff, but I've seen much worse, and this one didn't sacrifice storyline for a bit of blood and gore.

So, yeah... I liked it! :D

14. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Fracture

I didn't know much about the movie before I saw it. I just knew the main actors in this movie (Ryan Gosling, Anthony Hopkins). As I didn't know the story, nor had read some reviews before I watched it, I had no expections at all.

The start wasn't that great. I have no idea what it is, I just thought everything was average and went a little bit slow. But I realize now how much that part was necessary to be able to increase the excitement later. The best thing with this movie was not the story itself. It was Anthony Hopkins who is awesome and able to make anyone scared and start to shiver. Ryan Gosling is very talented. As a matter of fact, you only noticed these two actors. Everyone else became "unimportant" and almost invisible.

I thought it was a very good movie. Mainly because of good acting, but also a great story.

15. GregNickRyanFan

The Return- Okay, I didn't see the first half of the movie, but what I did see seemed fairly decent. Nothing Earth shattering great or anything, but solid. A little weird in places, but not a bad little movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.