Grade 'Uncertainty Rules'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 3, 2010.

?

How would you grade Uncertainty Rules?

1. A+

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. A

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. A-

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. B

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New episode of CSI: NY tonight... check it out and let us know what you thought of it. :cool:

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

God, Flack is beautiful. And you gotta love his scenes with Danno - those two are great. Flack's expressions in this episode are classic.

As Hill said on Twitter, this is his one and only episode with the fro - I'm not a fan, but it's nice to see him trying something new. :)

No Sid or Lindsay this week - but Adam was there, albeit in a grand total of two short scenes. :shifty: Something's better than nothing though, I guess.

The perp's accent throws me off. I just...don't even know. Does anybody from Baton Rouge actually sound like that? :wtf:

3. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I feel like it would actually have been Lindsay that could have related to James the best - being in the bathroom while your friends are murdered and seeing the killer through the door. It's a shame that the writer of the episode didn't think of that and put her in the episode. It could have gone either way if they did that - but they didn't even take the gamble.

On the plus side there were a lot of good Danny & Flack scenes and it was not obvious who the killer was for a good chunk of the episode. I did like that it wasn't as Mac centric as some of the episodes have been this season.

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

The one elderly lady (interviewed by Danny and Flack) was incredibly cute: “I beg to differ” made the episode for me :lol: Great scene, and this was an incredibly fun ep, but mostly for the DF interrogations with the guest stars, who were really impressive and kind of stole the show. Between the elderly card gamers and the wrestler and the seedy pimp-ish guy, they had a great assortment tonight. I can’t help but feel, though, that this was one of those episodes that would’ve been helped with a second case going on the side; even if the two cases eventually became intertwined into one at the end. It felt like they were trying to emphasize the craziness of St. Patty’s Day in NY with this, and while the case was certainly a bit WTF in the beginning, it became unrealistic as it went on...so much so that I had to laugh when Stella actually commented on that in the end.

(Plus, it bugged me that in a city of 8 million, Rufus-the-pimp and his bouncer managed to track James down in a matter of hours, and just happened to find him and Mac on a street obligingly empty enough to start a shootout. Gah.)

I also could’ve wished for a bit more team interaction – it disappointed me that even Danny and Flack didn’t get to do much commentary between each other on the weird characters they came across during this case; but I will say it was a good watch all the same.

5. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Really? I don't remember seeing anything about St. Patrick's Day in this episode. Are you counting the promo for next week as part of the episode? :wtf:

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Oh, I thought tonight's episode was the one featuring St. Patty's Day, what with the team following James's wild night and all ...but I just remembered that one's supposed to be called "Pot of Gold", never mind. :lol: I guess his friends might've been celebrating his birthday, but the whole thing came off as an extremely random sequence of events, even for NY.

On second thought, maybe that was supposed to be the point. Kind of like "Chaos Theory" on LV, only with the boys being murdered on purpose, rather than by an accident.

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, i agree - it would've been a nice link to the backstory, but they have probably forgotten it ever happened...:scream:

i really enjoyed this ep, i thought it was definitely one of the best this season.

i liked that it wasn't a straightforward case, i always quite like it when they bring the real killer in towards the end so you don't have any clue whodunit, instead of trying to make people bluff from the start which is often transparent.

i liked danny and flack's double act, it's been a while since we've had their little comic schtick and i'd not realised how much i missed it. the scene with the wrestler was just great.

the scene at the nursing home was really funny too, the play off between the ballsy lady and the dour man was great, and danny and flack's looks of bemusement at the whole thing, it was very good :)

it was nice to see a good team effort, although without mac as he was elsewhere - it was interesting to see stella leading the team and all of them working together.

most of all i *loved* mac in this one, i mean i do anyway obviously but even more than usual. i liked that this was quite mac-centric but in a really non-obvious way, he wasn't the centre of attention by any means but we saw a fair bit of him and it was nice to see him in different ways too, not just gun toting action mac, but kind, sensitive mac as well. it was good to see gary get a bit of versatility into mac and show his range.

one thing i didn't like so much was the godawful accent the drug dealer had - what the hell was that anyway? i spotted: southern drawl, irish, english, australian and who knows what else, all within about 3 sentences!

i'm giving it an A+ mainly because i can't think of another ep i've enjoyed so much this season so far - it had comedy bits, lots of mac :adore: , an interesting case, and nice teamwork.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Great episode A+

I like how they came up with funny scenes despite the horrible murder. I lol'd at the "Golden Girls" reunion, picture and scene! The old couple is cute! Flack and Danny are always great at interrogating suspects. Mac is still a science buff. Stella had few scenes, just ordinary scenes.

I think Rufus and company tracked James so easily because one of them keep an eye on James since he came out of the hotel room alive. They weren't ablr to kill the survivor because he was busy wandering in the middle of the street then the police came.

9. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

A+! Wow, I really loved this episode! Everything in it, or at least a great part of it, is what makes CSI:NY the show that it is since its beginning. Gritty, edgy yet funny with interesting crimes and witty dialogues. And I have missed it so much since the season started.

Danny and Flack driving around the city to relive the night of the crime was so good!!! I enjoyed it so much! And is it just me or I felt like Flack was back? :lol: And in general the team work was awesome.

I also loved how Mac was being so compassionate with the suspect. And the actor playing the suspect portrayed the drugged/confused guy so amazingly. It was brilliant!

But what I love the most is the ending. We never had much of these stories where the suspect really is innocent and never wanted to participate in such mess willingly. Most of the time, the people that end up in the interrogation room always have something that we can hold against them. I don't know. It just made the story realistic to me. Sometimes, the reality of life is crazier (and much more horrible) than we can ever imagine, and this episode showed just that.

10. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

My thoughts exactly. It would have been a great thing for continuity and I think Lindsay would have handled it well with reaching out to the man. We saw Stella deal with a case that affected her a lot (in Open And Shut I think, where they had her deal with this woman who pretended she didn't shoot her husband but was attacked). I think this case would have given us a lot of good scenes for her.

11. Fwuzzfwuzz

Fwuzzfwuzz Hit and Run

This episode was good but sometimes felt a little chaotic. like everything was just happening out of chance. Which is I guess the theme of this episode but they really didn't give the viewer a guessing game here since they revealed the perp at the very end of the episode.

I totally agree - the last guy was a bit over the top with his WTF accent.

I did like that characters really seemed to be themselves this episode. Neither were overdone, underdone, or completely different. It was refreshing to have so many scenes with Flack and Danny and interrogating such fun people.

I really could relate to the nerdy kid celebrating his 21st though. since I'm in school for computer science, never partied and approaching my 21st bday in a week. haha. Hopefully this isn't a premonition >.<

12. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I definitely agree; I think this would’ve been an excellent episode to tie back into Lindsay’s past. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun one already. And because of the way they’ve been rotating out Sid/Lindsay/Adam this season, I really get it if they just couldn’t have her appear in this one. But though it’s been said before, I too think that DL’s tendency to eviscerate Lindsay’s character development has gotten worse than ever this season; and it’s really, really irritating when we get all these spoilers surrounding her on that front, but prime opportunities like this one are completely passed over. It’s certainly not helping TPTB’s assertion that we’ll get to see more of her soon. I think with a lot of Lindsay’s coldish-anger this season, and even that little moment in Pay Up where she froze in the diner, there was a great set up in place for this episode, if they wanted to show that Lindsay’s backstory was always meant to be more than just DL’s s3 will-they-won’t-they alibi. So it bothers me that they didn’t take it; makes me think again that it wasn’t. Which is just...:brickwall:

13. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I quite liked this one, it wasn't your average NY episode with filthy rich bimbos everywhere. Some things were too obvious from the beginning, some were totally unrealistic, but it was not bad at all. It wouldn't have stood out particularly in any other season, though.

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i kind of thought it was - well, not average ny, but more like vintage ny - lots of the scenes reminded me of really old eps: mac being all cute with a kid, ok so this kid was 21 and not 6, but it was vaguely similar to necrophilia americana ; danny and flack's interrogation of the wrestler really reminded me of mac & aiden's conversation with the rat catcher in creatures of the night (in that the suspect was waffling on about something he thought was related but it wasn't and that led to increasing csi exasperation), stuff like that. i also thought the balance of personal stuff, violence, science and humour was very much like some of the older eps, i think it would've fit quite well into season 2 actually.

15. laurmarie

laurmarie Hit and Run

I like the eppy....love Danny and Flacks interaction their facial expressions were the best....LOVED the scene aat with the bingo the old man kept saying I beg to differ and then when he asked if they were done so he didnt have to see them anymore or something like that abd she looks at him and says I beg to differ and then looks at Flack and Danny lol smiling