Ryan/Jon #26 - 'We Want More Ryan'!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by addictedtoSpeed, Jan 28, 2010.

?

What should the title be for the new thread?

Poll closed Feb 1, 2010.
  1. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. TNT Togo

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Wolfe's Gang

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Fellowship of the Fishy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. We want more Ryan!

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

So his scenes were good, just not enough in quantity? I haven't watched the ep yet. :lol:

2. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

OMG! I couldn't agree more... I actually paused it a few times.... that was just... HOT! Love it. Need to see MORE of that. Woo!

:drool: I'll be okay! And to top it all off, he was on the promo for NEXT week. :D

3. slower

slower Lab Technician

Now if he could just carry that white T-shirt over into the sprinkler scene (is that 8x20?) minus the jacket. :drool::drool::drool:

4. jontogoisabeast

jontogoisabeast Hit and Run

Last night's ep was okay. Ryan looked hot, but not much screentime though. And that one football player dude guy thing was just stupid. But it's finally starting to warm up here yayyyyyy!!!!!!

5. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

There is a poll on CBS right now that is about Ryan and his character/screentime this season. Some are mad at the lousy treatment by the writers showing him as inept and defensive; others believe it is intentional character development for a storyline down the road. I just think it is lousy writing. What do you guys think?

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Unfortunately I just think it is lousy writing. I believe these writers dont really work to a bigger picture, they want something to fit in a particular scene and write the character to fit the scene. Once that epi is over with they never deal with that particular character trait or attitude again. I dont think it is actually leading anywhere.

Thankfully the inept stuff seems to have gone. And I think that also had something to do with making Jesse look good. And I havent really seen him acting defensively, no more than he usually does anyway.

7. TanyaWolfe

TanyaWolfe Rookie

I also think it's lousy writing... I'd be VERY SURPRISED if this were leading to an interesting storyline for Ryan. Seriously, I've been trying to be positive and all... but we're more than halfway through the season now and nothing's changed. I seriously don't think there's gonna be any change this season. I'm really REALLY disappointed.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I agree it's lousy writing. That, and the fact that TPTB have wayyyy too much on thier plates with the other stuff going on (stuff that doesn't NEED to be going on either). It seems they're only capable of focusing on a few things per season. I've never had the impression, at least here in the last few seasons, that tptb think the entire season through before starting out (or they change it midway though). It never fails when they do get a wild hair and decide to write something for him, it winds up sloppy & not thought through properly.

I enjoy the added comedy & I think Ryan's screentime and his interaction with the team is better this season than in the past few. But there's much more work to do in the 'character development' department. I feel like they're using him just for sh*ts and giggles, & I don't care for that.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I enjoy the comedy and better interactions too but I to think TPTB/writers have done nothing this season with Ryan but make him the butt of jokes.In previous seasons, Ryan tended to have more action towards the end of the season. I don't get a feel that will be the case this season.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I also agree that it's not necessarily lousy writing, but definitely lazy writing. :lol: Sometimes I feel as if these writers really don't know what to do so they just make it up as they go along. That's why so many storylines are jumbled, disoriented and don't seem to be thought out thoroughly. :lol:

11. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I agree with everyone here; it is lousy writing. Ryan seems to be good for one thing and one thing only: a story line that makes him look corrupt. I have been quite irritated with the negative tinkering they have done with his character (although this seems to have halted for now). We still haven't learned anything about his past (maybe he was dropped off by the mothership). I think these writers have their favorite characters to write for (and obvious Ryan can't be one of them) and the rest get the leftovers. I think Ryan will get screentime but won't get any story arcs this season. It's pretty sad; why come up with a character and hire a actor for it and then ignore them? It doesn't make sense.:scream::(

12. slower

slower Lab Technician

I agree; Ryan is a complex character. There is a lot of potential story arcs. But, TPTB seems to spend all of their energy on less interesting characters. We already know more about most of the other characters (with the exception of Frank), but we know next to nothing about
    Ryan. It doesn't mke sense MiamiWolfe; for them to allow a talent (such as Jon) to languish on the backburner to promote newcomers or characters that were leaving, who stuck around, and is now returning. This can't be good for morale around the set. But they are true professionals and are not saying anything.

13. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Togo is indeed a professional.
    And unlike some new comers, he can act.
    This last episode very much upset me by the lack of thought and attention played towards his character.
    What are the writers thinking?
    Have they completely lost their minds?
    Or have the gone over to the Dark Side!
    They have presented him at least four times this season as
    stupid (when he is very smart)
    incompetent (when he is a perfectionist, completely competent)
    careless (when he has the utmost respect for his work and the law)
    and
    unprofessional (when he is very professional)
    Personally I think that the writers have lost their minds. It is the only way to explain such shotty work.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Caps will be coming, been busy again and haven't seen the episode yet. Hope to get the capping done for you all tonight. Just wanted to let ya all know!

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Thanks in advance for the caps FFF.Really looking forward to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.