Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:lol: Well, she is a beautiful woman, she even looks fantastic when she is just wearing a t-shirt of a band. Also I think the longer hair suits her really well. Lets sum it up; she looked awesome in the episode. Then again she always does. And so we can keep on drooling, here is a little picture for us. ;)

[​IMG]

source: learning to fall

I also love your explanation for why she had to wear this shirt. ;)

Currently they're reairing season 3 over here, along with 'new' episodes of season 5 and last Friday we got 'Silent Night' again. Once again I just wanted to reach through the screen and hug her. I can imagine it was tough for her to talk about what happened in her past. But that brings me to one of my favourite topics again; her friendship with Stella. I really love that she opened up to her in this one although it clearly wasn't easy for her. I wish we would see more of their friendship scenes this season. What I loved though was when Stella and Lindsay went to the person's apartment in...Criminal Justice? I'm not sure anymore. But it was so awesome to see them both with their guns and then investigating the crime scene. To me they always have a great dynamic when they're working together, well, whenever they're on screen together.

2. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

I agree with you about the longer hair. I also like when her hair is blonder, i don't know, I think it makes her look a bit softer.

I also think the relationship between Stella and Lindsay is very interesting to watch. I think they are both focused on what they have to do, and they dont necessarly feel the need to talk, to banter. I know it's been mentionned before, when you see Danny and Lindsay together you have to expect two things : Danny will say Montana at some time or another and either he or Lindsay will attempt to be funny or ironic or both (more often than not it kind of falls flat). Don't get me wrong, i think they have had great scenes together, but lately they just have been a little bit of the mark.

It's great to watch Stella and Lindsay. They seem to have each other's back, if you know what i mean. They are fun to watch together, i feel, because it's seems easy. Maybe they take each other for granted, but in a good way:lol:

3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yeah, I agree with you, she looks a bit softer the lighter her hair is. In Medical Investigation, Anna had dark hair and she looked totally different. I also have to say that I think she looked really sweet with her curly hair. I think I like her curls the best when it comes to her hair.

I love that about Danny and Lindsay. Since the beginning there has been this teasing and bantering between them which is cool. I also love the way it's now, with the lovely comments and all.

Yes, I think they can count on each other. What I love is that Lindsay, who isn't really someone who runs to people and shares her feelings with them, obviously finds it easier with Stella. Because Stella was the first one who she told about her past and also she let Stella know about the baby before anyone else of the team knew. Yes, she used the 'my friend' story, but it was kinda obvious how fast Stella got behind that and I think Lindsay expected that. I guess she was a bit hesitant here because Stella is her boss, but I think if that hadn't been between them, she would have just told her. I love this friendship between them. And what I loved was the scene in Green Piece when Stella hugged Lindsay. She looked so happy for her.

4. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

Also, as the only women on the team, that relationship could have gone either way. I find it interesting that the writers, here, didn't go the other way. How many times do we get that women can't get along with other women in the workplace. IT's kind of a cliché, but yet again it's also true. I've worked three years at Montreal Stock Exchange's communications dept. We were three guys and sixteen girls. It wasn't always pretty.:lol:

5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:lol: I can imagine. I'm really glad they didn't go the other way and made them have chick fights or something. I think the friendship between Lindsay and Stella has a lot of potential and they should show us more of that. I also think that Lindsay mostly stayed in contact with Stella when she was in Montana because they talked on the phone before the trial. I really hope we will get to see more of those scenes.

6. rmiller31

rmiller31 Victim

Thanks for the pic, Brinchen! As for my explanation, it comes from an episode of the old WKRP in Cincinnati sitcom. A female employee let one of the disc jockeys at the radio station stay at her place while his was being fumigated, and everyone thought that meant they were sleeping together. They weren't, but she couldn't stand the teasing she got about it and decided to wear one of his t-shirts to work and used that explanation.

In Lindsay's case, it probably wasn't really that...maybe Lucy had just puked on everything else and that's all she had clean. :)

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

If I remember correctly I think Lindsay said Lucy puking on everything was the reason. And I love that episode of WKRP!

8. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yes, that was what she said. :lol: Poor her, that's the problem when you have a newborn; better don't wear anything expensive. I love that she wore this shirt though, it suits her really well. I also think it was definitely hers, because it's way too small to be Danny's I think. Although I have to say I would like to see her wear his shirts, like in that episode you described, rmiller31. ;) I think the casual look is really good for her, she makes normal shirts look great. Like in The Formular, more specifically in this scene:

[​IMG]

source: learning to fall

Man. Danny and Adam are hot in this scene but so is Lindsay! :drool:

9. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Yeah, you are right. It looks like the Whitesnakes-shirt is Lindsay's own shirt, and not Danny's. I can be wrong though, but I base my thought on the size. But it can be Danny's if he likes very tight shirts.

I actually like when we get the chance to see Lindsay wear some other clothes too, like the casual shirts or the dress in 'Risk'. It makes it more nice to see her. And you are right once again, she looks hot in 'The Formula'.

10. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I think it's hers, because she is pretty petite and...I think if it was Danny's it would be extremely tight! :lol: Anyway, she looks hot in it. Wouldn't mind the shirt to come back. ;) Maybe Lucy can keep on ruining her shirts. :lol:

Yep, I agree. The dress has been awesome, but so do all her other shirts and pants. Oh, we're getting back to the clothes discussion. :lol: I still am hoping we will see her dressed up like in my icon. :lol:

To talk about something else but clothes, I wish there were more interviews with Anna. A bit ago I watched one that was done during the filming of Stealing Home from season 2 and she looked so adorable. I also love how she once said she never gets recognized because she doesn't dress up outside of work. :lol:

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I love that picture! She is definitely hot there. For some reason, though I remember the outfit, I kept thinking she was wearing long sleeves under the t-shirt. In retrospect, that wouldn't make much sense, considering what they were doing :lol:. But I am loving the casual t-shirts, and hope they make another comeback. Maybe Lucy's still in her puking stage...? ;)

I also agree about the Whitesnake T-shirt being hers, because it was too small to be Danny's. Like rmiller31 said, it was definitely a snug fit :lol: And Lindsay looks like she's half Danny's size, if that -- it's possible it could be his shirt, but if it is, I'm thinking it probably hasn't fit him since he was a teenager. A really scrawny teenager...:lol:

Yeah, I saw that one a while back on Youtube, and I must've watched it about five times since then, because it might be my favourite one of hers. There was another one of hers I'd heard a while back (audio only, but her voice is extremely recognizable :lol:). Her interviews are fun to watch/listen to, and it's really too bad that she does so few of them, because she reveals a lot in them. I still wonder if she ever did a small one during that Emmy magazine article -- I saw from the image posted that they'd interviewed Liz Vassey, but I didn't see whether they'd interviewed Anna or Eva La Rue. The article had to cut off in the middle, though :(

:lol: I have to say that's still one of the more interesting factors of CSI:NY for me, the way Lindsay and Stella's friendship has been done. I've noticed especially lately that you don't get a lot of good female friendships in the procedural-like dramas I watch; at least, the ones that don't veer into high drama. So maybe that's being based off of real life? I'm really glad to see a different dynamic being played out on NY. One interesting thing I've noticed about Stella and Lindsay this season is that they seem to be on a more equal footing; I've always figured they were fairly close, but in more of a big-sister/little-sister-I-can-tell-her-this,-but-I-so-can't-talk-to-her-about-that way. Because there's some things they reveal to each other, and then other things that they don't. But somehow that barrier feels like it's broken this year, although there's no one interaction of theirs that makes me think so. It's more of an overall feel to their scenes together; it seems like there's a different closeness there. Although I still prefer her rapport with Hawkes, so I wish they'd bring that back :p They were so cool in seasons 3 and 4.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:lol: I hope she keeps on puking on her clothes, and if possible on Danny's as well. ;) No, seriously, I love it when she's dressed up, but also when she's not. She has an alround-beauty, if that makes sense; can wear whatever she wants and always looks good.

I think they interviewed all of them, from what I saw of the article, Anna and Eva made some comments as well, for example about the photo shooting. I'm happy they did it with those three.

Oh yeah! I don't have a scene that could explain why either, but I just think there is this closeness. Although to me this was there in season 3 as well. Like I said, I watched Silent Night recently and there, in the scene where Stella tried to make Lindsay talk, it really seemed like the conversation between friends. Until Stella told her that she had to do her job when she refused to speak. But later again this friendship chemistry was back. I totally am loving it because to me whenever they're on screen again, you can feel that they are friends.

13. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ About that article: is there some place I can find the whole thing online? Because I've only seen the two pages from the shoot, I didn't see any comments from ELR or Anna! (But I'd like to :))

And yeah, I figured Stella and Lindsay were fairly close in the earlier seasons too, but for me it was a different kind of warmth then. The best I can explain it is with the way Stella used to call Lindsay "kiddo"; a fun term of endearment, but it did emphasize how I think Stella viewed Lindsay much the same way as she viewed Adam in earlier seasons. But she hasn't called Lindsay kiddo this season, and to be honest I think it'd be weird for her to do so again. Maybe it's because she used the term on Haylen (who was clearly much younger than any of the team), but I think it's because of that more equal footing they seem to be on, it doesn't seem like Stella's just viewing Lindsay as a kid sister anymore.

OT, but on that note, I've noticed this kind of stands for Adam as well; then again, it'd seem weird for her to go back to treating Adam like a little brother, considering what happened in Epilogue :lol:

14. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

This change between Stella and Lindsay, i think, goes back to early in S5. I watched Sex, lies and Silicone yesterday. The lab scene with Adam drooling over the doll is funny in itself (actually it's hilarious), and the way both Stella and Lindsay deal with Adam is pretty endearing. But it also shows some kind of bond, with dealing with those "just-thinking-with-whats-between-their-legs" creatures they have to work with everyday. The look they exchange is a long suffering one, but still they seem to take it with a grain of salt, too.

Also, the little "sister" got married and got a kid. That would change Stella's perspective somewhat.

15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ True, I guess it'd be hard to view her as "kiddo" after that...and maybe what changed was in Season 5 (that moment they had in Greater Good). I don't know, to me they still seemed to have that divide in early S5, but we didn't see many scenes with them after Greater Good.