Ryan/Jon #26 - 'We Want More Ryan'!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by addictedtoSpeed, Jan 28, 2010.

?

What should the title be for the new thread?

Poll closed Feb 1, 2010.
  1. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. TNT Togo

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Wolfe's Gang

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Fellowship of the Fishy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. We want more Ryan!

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I have seen other pictures with him and he is holding a cigarette. Hopefully he stops soon; I would hate to see it effect his health.

This is actually the longest we've gone all winter without it snowing; it looks as if it is only going to get warmer with very few chances for snow so maybe the end is in sight for you as well. March 1st is Monday:thumbsup:

I think that Ryan is going to get the last laugh at the end:). And I am 5'3" so 5'9" isn't too tall for me either:devil:

2. TanyaWolfe

TanyaWolfe Rookie

Thanks for the pics Kris!!!!!

Seriously, I'm SO HAPPY to see him smiling and acting like his old self again!!!!! Feels like we're finally getting our Jon back!!! :)

LOL and by the way, I'm 5'4"... we'd be perfect together!!! (although my boyfriend is 6'2" and he's perfect for me too! Alright alright, all together: AWWWWWWWBARF)

3. slower

slower Lab Technician

Yes; Jon is 5'9, I'm 5'8 1/2 and I still find him hot. So it doesn't really matter; at least to me. :lol:

4. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

[/QUOTE]
    I agree. He did quit smoking when he moved to LA and apparently took it up again either to lose weight or reduce stress. Gaining weight can also be due to stress. There is obviously alot going on that we will probably never know. Have you ever seen the commercial on TV for the quit-smoking medication? They say that one side effect can be unusual aggression. I am not saying that has anything to do with Jon, but it does remind you to never judge someone without knowing any facts. I am confident Jon will quit smoking again because in his own words he wants to be healthy, and if he thought it was important once he will want to do it again.

5. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Thanks for posting the links to the pictures, Kristine! It's nice seeing him out and about.

I'd always thought that 5'9" was average height for a male in the US. But looks like the average is now 5'10", but either way he's not "puny". :lol: Does make me wonder what's prompted all the short references this season though. :rolleyes: Well as someone who is tall for a woman (5'8"), I'd have no problems with his height. :D

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well to women 5'9 for a guy is average, but other guys tend to tease guys who are under 5'10 as being short. :lol:

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I wonder why the writers are so preoccupied with his height this season anyway?

8. slower

slower Lab Technician

I just wonder sometimes if it isn't Jon in collaboration with the writers making fun of himself b/c everyone else is so tall around him. :lol:

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

You may have a point there, slower. Jonathon has a great sense of humor and you'd have to figure he's okay with his height being used as a jabbing point all season or they wouldn't be able to keep it going - unless TPTB are as insensitive as I believe them to be.

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I hope Jon is involved; they have taken a lot of shots at him this year; the comic relief which seems, at times, borderline stupid and mean.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree that it seems borderline stupid and mean.The writers can't come up with something better? They don't seem to come up with shots at the other characters, even though I can think of some. Jon having a sense of humor is fine,but TPTB are still insensitive.

12. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Greatfan and others, couldn't agree with you more. Considering from his last interview that he has a history of body disphormia, it is insensitive and unnecessary. He has mentioned before that he and Emily are always the smallest in the group, and with the addition of Walter, it seems almost intentional that they are aggravating the obvious. I am beginning to think this is why I find myself resenting Walter. Although not his fault, the camera person seems to struggle at times to capture both of them on screen because of the height difference. Remember in the bear scene, Ryan almost disappeared off camera, and in a recent episode when they were sitting in the lab, Ryan gave a nice big smile, and it was almost lost on screen in the lower right hand corner because Walter was there and the camera couldn't fit both of them in.

13. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

At least Jon isn't on NBC's Chuck....have you guys seen the height level on that show? It's probably got like the tallest cast in the world or something! Recurring star Matt Bomer is 5'11", yet the main character played by Zach Levi is like a head taller than him, so are the rest of the male cast, and even the female cast is just as tall if not taller than Bomer!:eek:

If I were Ryan, I would not worry about height comments, being short has its ideal advantages! Makes taking over the world much easier to do when they don't see you coming!:devil:

My Marine Corp recruiter was telling me that being 5'1", I should join Recon Marines just for the simple fact that no one will ever see me coming because I'm so short as everyone in the Corp is like towering 2 feet over me!:lol:

14. TanyaWolfe

TanyaWolfe Rookie

Alright, so last night's episode was good. Still, not enough Ryan for my tastes... DIDN'T HE LOOK ABSOLUTELY HOT??!?!?!?!?! OMG

I just wish we'd seen him standing up more... 'cause that white t-shirt on him was... drool-worthy! Even his hair looked good!!!

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

White T-shirt?!!
    Im liking the sound of that.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.