Jesse/Eddie #1 - 'Today's My Last Day...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 25, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh I definitely don't want Jesse to leave. I really like him. I'm just trying to prepare myself just in case. And I think if he does leave it could happen the way that it did for Elle on CM. I'd much rather see them rotate some of the characters out like Numbers does or see them put Jesse on recurring as a detective rather than get rid of him completely. But, realistically speaking, it's hard to believe that tptb could keep the entire cast in tact. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will keep the entire current cast together even with Adam returning... but I can't help but worry.

2. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

All I can say is, if Eddie gets booted to make room for Adam, I will be very sad and angry, and Miami will definitely lose me as a viewer.

This whole talk about the new dramatic betrayal storyline has me very concerned. Apparently Eric's investigation into the team is gonna have a profound impact on Horatio as for the first time he begins to question his team's loyalties and one if not more CSI's future will be in jeopardy. While I know sometimes show create a lot of hype on purpose to rile up the audience, I can't help but worry despite all of Adam's assurance that his contract won't have anyone leaving, just for the simple fact that there is too much main cast in one place.

While Numb3rs has annoyed me with its rotating cast which just about drives me insane because sometimes I can't see my favorite character for weeks on end, at least that is a better solution than kicking off any cast member. And being realistic here, the one most likely facing the cut is Eddie Cibrian. Even Omar's got a pretty strong backup with the big man Jerry B. himself batting in the ring for him. So that leaves Eddie as the newbie with a lot of risks.

I hope it won't come down to cutting any cast members. I mean, daytime soaps manages to show most of their characters and they certainly have a very large and ensemble cast, and if daytime can make it work, I don't see why CSI Miami can't make it work.

Well, right it's all speculation so I can only hope there will be good news when the time comes.

As for now, I am so excited for the LA episode! I hope they give Eddie a chance to pull out all the stops and show those acting chops! :p:)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2010
  3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Well, it would certainly be very unfair. Eddie was never given an opportunity to establish his character. For the entire season we had Eric coming and going and basically hanging like a cloud over the show and especially Eddie's character, Jesse. Cibrian/Jesse was never allowed to connect to the audience. And I'm seeing more and more fans coming to that realization online.

Whether he was intended as a replacement for Eric or not, that is how it was perceived and the hostile and negative campaign against both Cibrian and his character started the minute it was announced he was coming on board.

The parallel that has been drawn between Eddie Cibrian and Megan Echikunwoke and their contracts doesn't really work for me. First of all, everyone pretty much knew that Echikunwoke's contract was on a trial basis. Not only that, it's really hard to believe they were even serious with that character.

Jesse, otoh, is a perfect fit. He actually facilitated the reconnect for the team. With him there is a team. The team was totally lost during the 4 years that Eric and Calleigh were the focus of the show. I share the concern of a lot of fans online that with AR's return we will again lose the team when E/C again becomes the focus of the show.

With Jesse, things are lighter. Jesse, Ryan and Walter are a true joy to watch. He doesn't judge or ostricize any member of the team the way Eric and Calleigh ostricized Ryan.

And while I've heard massive speculation regarding Eddie's contract, speculation is all it is. I haven't seen information regarding his contract from any reliable source that supports the contention the contract was for 1 year or defines how much money Eddie is being paid.

On the other hand it is clear that Eddie was definitely intended to be the hunk on the show. He is extremely handsome and charismatic. For me much more than AR. I also think he is an extremely good actor and he has a plus that there is true story potential with his character.

With Eric there is E/C. That's all there is. And obviously for some that is enough. For me it's not.

Whether or not anyone is dropped from the show as a result of AR's return isn't his call to make and therefore his assurances mean nothing. He doesn't have the authority to make that determination and I doubt it was something he even thought about during negotations. We all know that it is highly likely that someone will be let go because of AR's return. He's either being extremely naive or simply hasn't been paying attention if he thinks someone isn't going to be fired a result of his return.

Yep. I'd say Omar is good to stay. And I'm thrilled about that. I think he's a terrific addition to the cast.

And you're right, BauerAlmedia, Eddie is the one most likely to be cut with AR's return. While in actuality those objecting to his character are few, they are loud and extremely repetitive in their demands for his dismissal. :(

I'm with you. I truly and sincerely hope that they hang on to Cibrian. He and Omar have given the show a whole new infusion of freshness and story potential.

CSI Miami has a horrible reputation for being being able to write for more than two or three characters at a time. That's why so much focus on E/C. It easier - even though they write it so badly.

I'm really excited for "LA." I hope Eddie gets a chance to kick butt, too. But I have a feeling that this episode will be Horatio and Eric for the most part. Which doesn't make any sense, really. It should be Horatio and Jesse going to LA.

4. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

I have to say I'm in agreement, except 1 point. I don't like the chemistry I don't see between Jesse and Horatio. Jesse may be fine with Ryan, really good with Walter, so-so with Eric, Calleigh and Natalia, but there's a big -0- when it comes to Horatio. If they can't get past that, then I'd vote him off in a heartbeat. Oh, my mistake. I forgot this isn't a reality show.

5. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I agree, it should be Horatio and Jesse. Yes I'm glad that Horatio and Eric has such an amazing relationship, but how about we see some "other" relationship..like maybe Horatio's more than 12 year bond with Jesse..:shifty:

I'm not even sure how I feel about Adam R. anymore. All this wishy washy stuff he's been doing is starting to piss me off and I feel like I've been played. First he's so intent on leaving, then he's coming in and out like a revolving door, and now suddenly he's solved the big problem and is coming back full time. Yes it's great that he's got a job back, and I get that this is how the entertainment industry works, but unless he's so naive about it, there's no way he doesn't know that someone, most likely Eddie, will pay the price for Adam to get his happy return.

I feel bad for Eddie in this case, he got the tough end of the deal. It was hard enough for poor Ryan/Jon to replace Speed/Rory, but at least that transition was made with a clean slate since Speed was irrevocably dead and Rory was sure he wanted out. But with Eric/Adam, this whole 10 episode deal or whatever certainly didn't help the matter that every other episode he would pop up and people get all about Eric, and Jesse/Eddie gets shoved to the sideline. Poor Eddie never got to stand on his own two feet because there was always the thought that Eric was hanging around.

I can only hope that Eddie gets a good news, and if they are gonna boot him, I hope that he gets a better gig with a much better show.

They never really gave a chance for the two to shine. I mean, they made a big deal out of mentioning that Jesse and Horatio were long time friends from the old times before the CSI team even started, but they never let them have scenes other than just case stuff, hardly any scenes of depth or substance.

I had hoped that with the LA episode, we could see more of Horatio and Jesse's bond, but instead they have Horatio going to LA with Eric.

And as for booting Eddie off because of one chemistry issue, isn't that a bit drastic, considering they never really gave Jesse a chance to stand on his own two feet with Eric coming in and out all the time.

This is what was said about the future Jesse storyline that apparently will have a big impact on the season finale, as the actor who is playing Bruce Enright (suspect for murder of Jesse's wife) will be sticking around for more episodes.

I don't know if I should be worried or excited. Worried that this will be their perfect way and reason to take Jesse off the main cast. Or excited that Eddie will be getting some really powerful material to work with.

6. GregNickRyanFan

Hey, maybe he could God on Supernatural. :lol:

7. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

He would be a very handsome God indeed!:drool:

Maybe he can join another crime drama team, NCIS:LA may be a good one, although he may be in competition with many hunks...lol:lol:

8. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I blame the writers. I actually was a fan of Eddie before this show and was looking forward to Adam taking a break and adding a fresh character. With that said, I have been very disappointed in the way his character has been presented. CSI fans are not solely into "eye candy"; they want their characters to have substance. All we see every week is the same outfit, the same bland personality, and his taking screentime from our other beloved characters. Eddie can actually do better; this show is not a good fit for him, and I do blame the writers.

9. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I'm getting really nervous and excited about these upcoming storylines for Jesse. If they're getting rid of him because Adam is returning then I'd rather not have him return. I love Eric/Adam as much as everyone else, but I don't think it's right to get rid of another cast member because he's now deciding he wants to come back. If Jesse leaves then the whole team feeling that has been absent for many seasons may leave with him. I doubt there are many fans that will whip up a petition to bring him back and/or keep him on the show like they did for Adam.

If they do go the whole, Jesse killing the man who murdered his wife and Horatio letting him go, route I guess that's better than killing him off,which I hope doesn't happen. The writers have killed off and injured enough people in the last eight years, I think it's time to stop.

One thing did confuse me about this whole thing though.
    "He’ll finally face the man who may or may not have killed his wife." Now I wonder if they're going to make it so that Jesse maybe kills an innocent man. I just hope we don't have to wait until the season nine premiere to find out what happens to him.

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just want to issue a small reminder about spoilers: Please use the spoiler code for information regarding episodes that have not yet aired (this includes interviews, videos, etc. that reveal information about future episodes). Thanks! :)

11. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I don't want Jesse to leave either but last night's scene with Travers was bad. It made him look like a horse's petunia which is something he isn't...

With that said, his other stuff is great and I think he meshes well with all of the other actors..

12. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think the scene with Travers was meant to come off as bad though. I think it was meant to come off as friendly ribbing... only it wasn't written the right way to show that.

I agree that he meshes well with the others. Especially Ryan and Walter. I'd like to see a few more scenes of him with Frank though.

13. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I agree with you, that scene just didn't work in Jesse's favor. I have a theory why.
    My theory: I could picture Ryan, Calleigh, Natalia, Walter or Eric having that conversation with Travers but not Jesse. I think Jesse's lines would've worked best coming from Ryan. To me, they sounded more like Ryan lines anyway.

Hey CSI: Miami writers!!! Don't be sticking Ryan lines in Jesse's mouth...IT DON'T WORK!!!

14. Burke

Burke Victim

he is so fiine .

15. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I feel like I would've warmed up to Jesse more if he was presented the proper way. If he had been presented in the same way that Ryan did, I think I would have liked him more. The only thing I see as a benefit for having him in the show, is that he really does make the team look like the team. He (along with Walter) really reminds you of what the team used to be, so in that sense it is kind of like season 1 (like DC predicted it would be like). I could've done without that scene with Travers, but I feel like it'd be a shame if he left, because we haven't given him a chance. So for that reason, I would prefer if he said.
    I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but in a recent interview Eddie said that there was enough room for him and AR to be in the show, so that pretty much tells us he'll be staying for season 9. :thumbsup: